Anyone else ever been Family of the Day?

We got "Royal Family of the Day" when we stayed at POR in January 2015. We had requested a Magnolia Bend room but were upgraded to the Royal Room, which was beautifully decorated and had the headboards with the fireworks feature. My 6yo DD especially loved it. She also got balloons and a special photo of all of us in the lobby. Not as many perks as what seem to be available at the Deluxes, but for our first visit, it was pretty special.

We were family of the day back in 2011 at Animal Kingdom Lodge where we were upgraded to a Savannah View room. It was a surprise trip for our daughter's 12th birthday. It was a nice perk because I debated getting the Savannah View and in the end we got it for free which was a nice sprinkle of pixie dust!!

We were family of the day one trip to CBR we had our picture taken at check in with sombero's and morrocca's that we got to keep. A van took us to our room that was about it. I didnt think to ask about a upgrade until we got home.

We were family of the day one trip to CBR we had our picture taken at check in with sombero's and morrocca's that we got to keep. A van took us to our room that was about it. I didnt think to ask about a upgrade until we got home.

Was that at CBR or CSR?

CBR I think it was in 2007

I was just curious because I've always seen the Family of The Day get dressed like Pirates or with a Tropical theme at CBR. And CSR is a Mexican themed resort.

Last edited:
I was just curious because I've always seen the Family of The Day get dressed like Pirates or with a Tropical theme. And CSR is a Mexican themed resort.
I just double checked and it was 2007 when they were doing the "Where dreams come true" celebration.

My family were FOTD for our 3 day stay in Animal Kingdom Lodge, we were upgraded to an amazing Savannah view and given access to the concierge lounge which gave us free food and drinks etc... It was amazing, so magical!

We were FOTD at Poly in Jan 2015. They said they hadn't been doing it for awhile, but they were going to start choosing a family every day. They put us in the Tonga building, which started out empty, but by the end of the week it was full.

My husband and I went to Disneyland back in 2002 and we were about three families ahead of "Family of the Day." I was so surprised. I did not know what this was and have never see this at Disney World. Is it still celebrated?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter