Anyone else going late June?

MichellT

Mouseketeer
DVC Premium
We have some points that were banked into our Dec19 use year and need to be used or lost before Nov 30th. Being as our travel is super restricted in the fall due to school/testing schedules, we are thinking about going in late June -- every resort is bookable for basically June 22nd through July 11th LOL. We're thinking of resort hopping a bit, checking out resorts we haven't stayed in before, dipping in the pools every day, staying kind of quiet, maybe shopping at bit at Disney Springs and trying whatever restaurant happens to be open in each resort -- heck they're all pretty good.

Anyone else have this idea? Don't mind wearing masks, don't usually get the chance to see the resorts when things are quiet, counting on Disney to make this nice enough, and figure otherwise the points are probably going to vanish since fall availability (ours and DVC's) is looking very limited.

Last edited:
Perfect plan. We have done resort only stays and it’s relaxing. On the plus side, the resorts will be fairly empty. If you need a Park fix, you could go to Universal.

This was supposed to be a resort only stay for us anyway, but we planned on going to other resorts/restaurants/bars and the feature pool at our resort. If for some reason, the feature pool is not available, that may be the tipping point to cancel. It will be too limited to be able to do the required social distance around a DVC pool.

I will be interested to see how these trips go. Are any restaurants open at the resorts? Do you have to have a car or will disney busses, boats, and monirails be running?

I will be interested to see how these trips go. Are any restaurants open at the resorts? Do you have to have a car or will disney busses, boats, and monirails be running?

According to reports, monorail and ferry not until parks, but they could start early to test.

Limited transportation so assuming To DS will be it. No word on which restaurants will be open, but it sounds like at least a QS will be with mobile ordering in place.

We are going at the end of June. I was able to get two BCV studios for June 22-29 which would never happen in the summer because I don’t own there. Really hoping Stormalong Bay is open because if not I’d rather stay at VGF.

We are going at the end of June. I was able to get two BCV studios for June 22-29 which would never happen in the summer because I don’t own there. Really hoping Stormalong Bay is open because if not I’d rather stay at VGF.

From what my TA friend told me, based on information she got, during the time when DVC resorts are open but the cash side is not, only the DVC villa pools will be open.

So, it does not sound like that will be opened early. However, she did say Disney reminded them that things are in flux.

Yup OKW on June 22nd for 3 nights. First guests there in months, nice and clean room and I would imagine will be able to check in to room early in the morning.

Do we know yet if the boat from OKW and Saratoga will be running to Disney Springs? @Sandisw ?

I have not heard about that yet. I will see if my friend who is a TA can get any of that info for us!

I have a feeling they will be running limited transportation to the Springs but I wonder if they will keep it all buses as that will allow a lot more social distancing than the boats.

From what my TA friend told me, based on information she got, during the time when DVC resorts are open but the cash side is not, only the DVC villa pools will be open.

So, it does not sound like that will be opened early. However, she did say Disney reminded them that things are in flux.

I am renting points for a stay a poly starting July 5. I am not super knowledgable about the ins and outs of what all belongs to dVic. So what pool are we looking at being open there if assuming this is true?

I am renting points for a stay a poly starting July 5. I am not super knowledgable about the ins and outs of what all belongs to dVic. So what pool are we looking at being open there if assuming this is true?

The quiet pool. The large main pool with the slide, etc. that is right off the main building will be closed during the resort only time...as of the most current policy.

Things could certainly change and people could get there and they decide to open both. But, it sounded like,,,and the message that we got from DVC was clear that things will be limited at the resorts.,,

and trying whatever restaurant happens to be open in each resort -
The hotels will still be closed so until DVC clarifies the position, do not assume that any resort eateries will be open save for those within the DVC complex itself. So, for example, if you are at Bay Lake Towers, the Contemporary Resort restaurants may still be closed to you, if at the Poly, it's restaurants may be closed, although food might be available at the Oasis pool; if at the Beach Club Villas, the main resort restaurants may be closed and the MarketPlace QS may be shut if there is no access to the main hotel. The only thing you can bank on as of now is eating out at Disney Springs or potentially Old Key West and Saratoga Springs where the eateries are part of DVC.

I do think all resorts will have at least QS options available for mobile ordering, but the TS restaurants within the resorts may not be.

I also think they will open up the stores to Purchase food. Of course, as you say, until they open and people are there, we wont know what exactly is open

The message on the DVC website does mention things will be limited, not closed. So, I think it is safe to assume guests will have access to some food options at the resort with limited choices.

Hmmmmm maybe a split stay for us BCV and VGF then. Which VGF pool do you think will be open? Will it be the main pool since it’s beside the villas?

Will it be the main pool since it’s beside the villas?
The main pool isn't beside the villas, it's deeper in the heart of the complex. There is the smaller Beach pool next to the villas which has a beach bar that serves limited food, but again the main restaurants are within the Grand Floridian hotel itself and no specific food options within the Villas.

VGF pool is a puzzle to me because the feature pool is closer to the villas and smaller but the quiet pool is near the hotel side and is the main pool

At Poly, she told me it would not be the LavA Pool but the Oasis one.

If I had to guess, it will be the pools that Are not the feature ones. Of course, it could change too because the more pools open, the more you spread people out,

But, from what she has currently been told, it sounds like we should plan on the pool that would be considered the “quiet” one.

It will be really interesting to see what ends up happening. I would hope they would prioritize opening all the pools at the resorts...going to the pool is kind of the only thing to do. I understand if they don't, but it could be kind of crushing to walk past stormalong bay and not be able to swim there. I guess lifeguard staffing could effect that. No need at the quiet pools. Also, sending everyone at all the hotels to Disney Springs to eat will create a lot of traffic there too. Maybe each hotel will look at how many rooms are booked and decide individually which amenities and restaurants to open? Offering 'take out' at a table service would be nice in addition to the quick service, but also probably not going to happen. Looking forward to reading people's experiences once the resorts open!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter