Anyone else over the mask/distancing rules?

hillg1868

Mouseketeer
I have been in WDW for a week and until these “guidelines” are reduced/eliminated I won’t be returning. We left a family of 6 at a bus stop when they could have easily fit on a bus. Being patronized because I was not taking a sip of water at the exact moment the cast member was passing by is OLD.
Parks being closed super early, no park hopping, no fast passes. Anyone else tired of it? Just me?

I have been in WDW for a week and until these “guidelines” are reduced/eliminated I won’t be returning. We left a family of 6 at a bus stop when they could have easily fit on a bus. Being patronized because I was not taking a sip of water at the exact moment the cast member was passing by is OLD.
Parks being closed super early, no park hopping, no fast passes. Anyone else tired of it? Just me?

Disney set guidelines and policies for everyone’s protection. If you don’t like stay home. Obviously the bus driver felt there wasn’t enough room according to Disney guidelines. Park hours were posted before you went so you were aware of limited hours. The CM had no clue how long your mask had been down. No need for fast passes as lines aren’t long. No park hopping due to social distancing.

I was a day guest at MK last week. We never waited more than 25 minutes for any ride. Hours were posted before we chose to go. CMs did clearly tell people to put masks on- I specifically heard them tell a man to cover his nose.

All the information you are complaining about is on the website and the Know before you go area. It is for everyone’s safety. I felt safer at Disney than I do at my local Walmart!

It was hot, humid, and borderline miserable wearing a mask when we went in September, but I’d do it again in a heartbeat. We aren’t show and firework people. Most everything was walk on. Not having to plan out my day months in advance with FastPass and dining made it wonderful. I don’t mind the social distancing either, it helps keep people away that don’t understand what personal space means. Wish we didn’t live states way and that I had more vacation club points to visit.

Disney has been very clear up front, they have shared all of their guidelines ahead of anyone buying tickets. They remind you of the guidelines when you book your park reservation. Once again when arriving at resorts, Disney Springs and parks. People coming know what they are getting themselves into, each guests makes the decision to come under these conditions.
As far as the guidelines going away I do not see that happening anytime soon. They were put in place via agreements of the CM several unions and Disney after weeks of negotiations.

Disney set guidelines and policies for everyone’s protection. If you don’t like stay home. Obviously the bus driver felt there wasn’t enough room according to Disney guidelines. Park hours were posted before you went so you were aware of limited hours. The CM had no clue how long your mask had been down. No need for fast passes as lines aren’t long. No park hopping due to social distancing.

I was a day guest at MK last week. We never waited more than 25 minutes for any ride. Hours were posted before we chose to go. CMs did clearly tell people to put masks on- I specifically heard them tell a man to cover his nose.

All the information you are complaining about is on the website and the Know before you go area. It is for everyone’s safety. I felt safer at Disney than I do at my local Walmart!
completely missing the mark. almost like you didnt read the post and just copy and pasted your boilerplate mask opinion. original poster said nothing about not being aware of the policies. poster said they are "stupid and im over them. whos with me" to paraphrase. care to respond to original post?

I'm sure we all wish that things would go back to pre-COVID days where masks and social distancing were not a thing. However, it is what it is, and if taking these measures protect some of the population then the prudent thing to do is to follow the scientific based recommendations and when going to a privately owned business/resort, adhering to their requirements even when at times it might seem like overkill (seriously, no pun intended). But yes, I'm ready for them to be relaxed...when the time is right.

On the flip side, I get just as frustrated reading reports of people who are completely obsessive about sanitizing, hand washing, face masks, etc. and criticize every thing they see that might be out of compliance, but yet managed to go to one of the most visited travel destinations during a pandemic. JMHO :D

yes, we agree. each individuals health is their own business to manage. it is none of my business what anyones health is just as my health is none of your business. if you want to wear a mask, go for it. i choose not to for my own personal health decisions. people insisting on masks is like smokers insisting on being able to smoke everywhere. you want to smoke...go ahead, just dont make me smoke (secondhand). you want to wear a mask, go ahead...just leave me alone with your personal health decisions.

completely missing the mark. almost like you didnt read the post and just copy and pasted your boilerplate mask opinion. original poster said nothing about not being aware of the policies. poster said they are "stupid and im over them. whos with me" to paraphrase. care to respond to original post?

Just clarifying that OP was complaining about things that are common knowledge. If they think they are stupid and are over them they shouldn’t go at this time. Commented on masks as that’s only reason a CM would ostracize them in OPs words.

yes, we agree. each individuals health is their own business to manage. it is none of my business what anyones health is just as my health is none of your business. if you want to wear a mask, go for it. i choose not to for my own personal health decisions. people insisting on masks is like smokers insisting on being able to smoke everywhere. you want to smoke...go ahead, just dont make me smoke (secondhand). you want to wear a mask, go ahead...just leave me alone with your personal health decisions.

But you can’t go to Disney without a mask because they enforce and feel they are important.

It's why we have cancelled our annual passes. We don't imagine being back. Being an agreement with a union, even with improving conditions I don't imagine it'll ever be possible for them to eliminate the rules. However I don't understand why they feel they need to do both. The whole mask thing is supposed to be only if you're not able to distance. Doing both is unnecessary

Just clarifying that OP was complaining about things that are common knowledge. If they think they are stupid and are over them they shouldn’t go at this time. Commented on masks as that’s only reason a CM would ostracize them in OPs words.

But why can’t people have an opinion anymore without someone jumping down their throat?! He’s just venting. If you can’t relate, post somewhere else.

I get it. I’m over it. I’m exhausted. I feel like I’ve aged 10 years in this year. You can tell the CMs have lost a little luster, too. Can’t blame anyone as it’s been a rough year for most humans on the planet, but I totally empathize.

Hey, at least you got to go. Out here in the western US, we're all still waiting for Disneyland to reopen. I'd give my right arm to be at WDW right now.

I’m glad to be able to read reports here, check out the WDW for updates, and the mods personal reports on what to expect before I go. Yes, tired of the masks and can’t wait for this virus to be over but I got good news today from my Doc and can’t wait to get to WDW for a change of scenery.

I'm sure we all wish that things would go back to pre-COVID days where masks and social distancing were not a thing. However, it is what it is, and if taking these measures protect some of the population then the prudent thing to do is to follow the scientific based recommendations and when going to a privately owned business/resort, adhering to their requirements even when at times it might seem like overkill (seriously, no pun intended). But yes, I'm ready for them to be relaxed...when the time is right.

On the flip side, I get just as frustrated reading reports of people who are completely obsessive about sanitizing, hand washing, face masks, etc. and criticize every thing they see that might be out of compliance, but yet managed to go to one of the most visited travel destinations during a pandemic. JMHO :D
With each passing day I become more and more convinced that the US will eventually stand alone as the only western country to have all restrictions become permanent. No information that surfaces or any shot will ever change things. As an American that saddens me

Last edited:
we just personally dont like that with this virus, it has become everyones requirement to be concerned about everyone elses health. if i have cancer, it is my concern to keep myself protected or not from your germs when i am out. if i have leukemia, it is my concern to keep myself protected or not from your germs when i am out. if i have aids, it is my concern to keep myself protected or not from your germs when i am out. so why is it anybody's concern now to keep me protected from getting coronavirus from you? if you want to wear a mask because you are concerned, please do. if you want to stay home because you are concerned, please do. if you want to call off work because you are concerned, please do. a disney vacation is a wholly unnecessary trip. i can understand collective protection at the grocery store, a necessary place for everyone to visit (though i will be going maskless the nanosecond they discontinue the mask demand), but mandatory masks at an unnecessary destination just sounds wrong. the bus driver (from the original post) should say something like "folks, there are more people looking to get on this time than social distancing will permit. if you are uncomfortable with having less than 6 feet between you and a stranger, you are welcome to wait for the next bus or call for a minnie van.". my health is none of your concern or business; your health is none of my concern or business.

Last edited:
we just personally dont like that with this virus, it has become everyones requirement to be concerned about everyone elses health. if i have cancer, it is my concern to keep myself protected or not from your germs when i am out. if i have leukemia, it is my concern to keep myself protected or not from your germs when i am out. if i have aids, it is my concern to keep myself protected or not from your germs when i am out. so why is it anybody's concern now to keep me protected from getting coronavirus from you? if you want to wear a mask because you are concerned, please do. if you want to stay home because you are concerned, please do. if you want to call off work because you are concerned, please do. a disney vacation is a wholly unnecessary trip. i can understand collective protection at the grocery store, a necessary place for everyone to visit (though i will be going maskless the nanosecond they discontinue the mask demand), but mandatory masks at an unnecessary destination just sounds wrong. the bus driver (from the original post) should say something like "folks, there are more people looking to get on this time than social distancing will permit. if you are uncomfortable with having less than 6 feet between you and a stranger, you are welcome to wait for the next bus or call for a minnie van.". my health is none of your concern or business; your health is none of my concern or business.
this Is going right down the mask debate lane....but I just want to say...do you realize we are wearing masks during a global pandemic to protect others?

I'm not "tired of it", because I haven't experienced it. I knew it wasn't the way I'd like to experience a Disney trip, so I opted to wait it out, however long it takes. :)
I'm far more patience when it comes to waiting for something than I am when it comes to tolerating a bunch of things I don't like while paying for that experience. I know that about myself so I make choices accordingly. :)

Disney will continue to be around, so I don't mind how long I have to wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter