Anyone else staggered by ticket prices?

I really hate this change because it’s just further complicates an already overly complicated ticketing system. How the average guest (like non-DISBoards level) understands how tickets work at Disneyland is beyond me.
Average guests just go to the website or ticket box, say what they want, and pay the price for it. When you go infrequently it doesn't matter so much.

How true is that!

That "tap, tap" sound is me hitting the kitchen table with my credit card right before I enter my card info to buy the tickets online with just a cursory glance at the price.

Well, ya know you're gonna go anyway, so why torture yourself with more than a cursory glance, right? To paraphrase an old ad: "Hit it and forgit it".

So I don't need to tap my card on the table while I'm waiting because I know all the cc numbers by heart, including the personal 3-digit code and expiration date. Maybe I shouldn't be admitting that 😂

How true is that!

That "tap, tap" sound is me hitting the kitchen table with my credit card right before I enter my card info to buy the tickets online with just a cursory glance at the price.
That used to be me. I'd complain about it a little, but there always seemed to be value. Then... Diaper Genie+ hit. I didn't have to just get tickets - I had to get the fastness system. After living for 20 years with FP, I can't go without. What I saw on my last trip, tons of people in standby line looking drained and defeated, tells me I have to get it in order to have a good trip. Which means for a family of five, an extra $125/day. That used to be food money. Now it's just to maintain what a DL used to be (on top of the recent ticket price increase).

But that was before. I finally had to pull the plug this year. I'm usually at DL this week. I said forget it, it's too busy in OCT at that price. The wife talked me into going in December for just 3 days instead of 5. But once I told her what it would cost for a family of 5 for 3 days with G+, we both said no. Hard to believe, but Disney finally pushed me to the point of "no". And I hate it.

Hey everyone, just a friendly reminder to stay on topic. This should only be about Disneyland ticket prices. The thread will be shut down if it gets too off topic! Thanks!

But that was before. I finally had to pull the plug this year. I'm usually at DL this week. I said forget it, it's too busy in OCT at that price. The wife talked me into going in December for just 3 days instead of 5. But once I told her what it would cost for a family of 5 for 3 days with G+, we both said no. Hard to believe, but Disney finally pushed me to the point of "no". And I hate it.
That sucks man, sorry to hear that

So I don't need to tap my card on the table while I'm waiting because I know all the cc numbers by heart, including the personal 3-digit code and expiration date. Maybe I shouldn't be admitting that 😂
I do too! Very convenient but might mean I do too much online shopping. 😂

So it went up from $20 to $25 some time after my trip in June, and now it's going up again?

$40 in 2024?
It started at $25/day. It was never $20.

Remember, thus Is Disneyland we are talking about, not WDW.

EDIT: My bad. It started at $20/day when it was introduced on December 8, 2021.
On October 11, 2022, it was raised to $25/day, and
on October 11, 2023, it was raised to $30/day.

I thought it Genie+ started at Disneyland in 2022 with the release of the MagicBand+s. I guess it wasn't. I guess you had to use your phone initially?

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ce-coming-to-disneyland-resort-beginning-dec/

Last edited:
It started at $25/day. It was never $20.

Remember, thus Is Disneyland we are talking about, not WDW.

EDIT: My bad. It started at $20/day when it was introduced on December 8, 2021.
On October 11, 2022, it was raised to $25/day, and
on October 11, 2023, it was raised to $30/day.

I thought it Genie+ started at Disneyland in 2022 with the release of the MagicBand+s. I guess it wasn't. I guess you had to use your phone initially?

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ce-coming-to-disneyland-resort-beginning-dec/

So I just happened to go at a time when Genie+ was at a reduced rate? Cause I went in June 2023 and it was $20/day.

So I just happened to go at a time when Genie+ was at a reduced rate? Cause I went in June 2023 and it was $20/day.

It was minimum $25/day if you purchased it this past June. Genie+ at Disneyland went up to $25 base price in October 2022. MK holders get a 20% discount, so it could have been as low as $20 for them.

Here is an interesting page where someone has been tracking the Genie+ daily price for the last year.

https://www.thrill-data.com/lightning-lane/dlr/price-history

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter