Anyone else stay in this creepy room view at BCV?

JasonDVC

DIS Veteran
This is a photo of the view from the Living Room at Beach Club Villas room #129

IMG_1066_1280x960_.jpg

When we arrived at BCV shortly after midnight, there was a man sitting on this bench, smoking a cigarette, staring right at us!

We found this creepy and I told Concierge about it in the morning. The gentleman completely agreed with me but nothing was done about it.

We kept the curtains closed pretty much the rest of the trip.

Has anyone else stayed in this room? Did you have a similar experience? Does anyone else agree that it's kind of creepy to have people sit there that can stare right at you?

You are across from a smoking area, my guess is that you will get a lot of people sitting there.

:earsboy: Bill

Had a similar experience at BWV, got Boardwalk view and got a room on the first floor, with a bench right in front of it. Had to keep curtains drawn the whole time, what a waste of points:(

We were in a studio with the same view. Oddly we found more ducks and rabbits than people smoking. We actually enjoyed the quiet patio...but maybe we just got totally lucky and didn't have a man staring at us!!!

I stayed in that exact room. We never had anyone sit on that bench while we were there so I guess I was never bothered by it. We really enjoyed our patio though. I guess we got lucky!

We were in a studio with the same view. Oddly we found more ducks and rabbits than people smoking. We actually enjoyed the quiet patio...but maybe we just got totally lucky and didn't have a man staring at us!!!

Not that exact room but in the same area on the first floor. I never noticed anything strange about people sitting on a bench.

This is a photo of the view from the Living Room at Beach Club Villas room #129

When we arrived at BCV shortly after midnight, there was a man sitting on this bench, smoking a cigarette, staring right at us!

We found this creepy and I told Concierge about it in the morning. The gentleman completely agreed with me but nothing was done about it.

We kept the curtains closed pretty much the rest of the trip.

Has anyone else stayed in this room? Did you have a similar experience? Does anyone else agree that it's kind of creepy to have people sit there that can stare right at you?

It's a smoking area, I'm not sure what they could do about it.

I always request top floor, mainly hoping to avoid first floor. Even without the bench, I would not want people walking by and looking in my room.

I suggested that they either turn the bench to face the other way or put up some kind of screening with lattice or something similar so the person sitting there wouldn't be staring right at us.

I'm sure the guy smoking was a very nice person and certainly was not trying to be creepy but there is just something not right about someone sitting there staring at you when you are in your room or on your patio.... especially after midnight.

I always request high floor....no privacy 1st floor mostly.

yea thats a lil creepy

I suggested that they either turn the bench to face the other way or put up some kind of screening with lattice or something similar so the person sitting there wouldn't be staring right at us.

I'm sure the guy smoking was a very nice person and certainly was not trying to be creepy but there is just something not right about someone sitting there staring at you when you are in your room or on your patio.... especially after midnight.

Not creepy at all in my opinion. It is one of the few smoking areas and has a bench for him to sit on.
As others have said, we always request a higher floor because we feel there is less privacy on the first floor in every room.
I have had this exact room only on the 4th floor and not a thought given to those sitting at the bench.

Yes, we have stayed in that room for two weeks on our last trip. We had smokers who had rooms along that side of the building go out there room door thru the landscape to that bench to smoke. I think that smoker only overlapped our stay by about four days. I do think that turning that bench around would help.

I wouldn't be worried so much about the creepy factor, but can you enjoy the patio with the smell of cigarette smoke drifting over? I am not familiar with that area, and according to other posters it seems it isn't a high traffic smoking area, but man alive, I'd be really ticked off if I was paying all that money for the room and couldn't enjoy it because someone else is smoking. My next door neighbor is about that far away from my house and I cannot be out front when she is standing outside smoking. The smell is so strong it triggers my asthma. But, hey, as long as her "rights" aren't infringed upon. :sad2::crazy2:

First floor rooms can definitely be a challenge as to privacy, people are just naturally going to look in.

It wouldn't bother me during the day, but when time came to turn some lights on inside, I'd definitely close the drapes.

If it wasn't for the fact that we arrived after midnight and just wanted to sleep, I probably would've asked for a different room.

I honestly don't see how anyone can think having that bench face a room is a good thing. The picture doesn't really do it justice as to just how close the bench is to the room.

When we stayed at BCV I felt a little guilty walking that path - I think that's the "shortcut" to Epcot - because nearly everyone had their drapes wide open and while I didn't look into their rooms, I could see into their rooms. Its one of the things I don't really like about BCVs.

Found any room on the 1st floor becomes the public viewing area - true at BLT Standard views, BC, BW, etc. Frankly, I'm always walking along staring into peoples rooms - especially at Christmas :hyper:

There looks there is room to face the bench so the side of it would be facing the room. That would seem to be a better choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter