Anyone else think Dole whips are gross =X ?

Grim_Grinning_Girl

DIS Veteran
Hope this doesn't get me banned from Disboards, but Dole whips are gross :crazy2: !

Have read so much about Dole whips here, and have seen so many people walking around with them that my friend and I finally decided to try them. I got a whip and she ordered the whip/float, we were both disappointed and grossed out :sick:. Guess it's just not for me, and her. Sorry :confused3 !

They are just ok for me. I don't hate them, but don't get them either. My kids love them though and every once in a while I'll have a bite or two. But I wouldn't be heart broken if I never did again. :confused3

I love Dole whips, because I love pineapple juice, the thing I don't get are the Disney cruises. I went on one cruise, and will probably never go on another, I felt too confined, like I was on some sort of tour trip LOL. I always think they are a big waste of money.

I bet everyone on here has at least one Disney thing that they don't get (at least one).

I've never had one, but it doesn't sound good to me. I like fresh pineapple but if I'm going to spend the calories on a dessert, it better have chocolate in it! :rotfl: I wouldn't mind having a taste, but I don't want a whole one.

mmmmmmmm Dole Whip, yup you're banned! LOL We all like these but my DDs and I get a Whip and share it, DBF gets a float and I get about 3 drinks of the juice and a bit or 2 of the whip, works for us. :) Oh and we don't get them every time. DD9 really wanted one last weekend tho so we had one. :)

I've never had one, but it doesn't sound good to me. I like fresh pineapple but if I'm going to spend the calories on a dessert, it better have chocolate in it! :rotfl: I wouldn't mind having a taste, but I don't want a whole one.

:thumbsup2

I DID waste calories on a dole whip and wasn't impressed. I gave it to my daughter and found myself something chocolate instead. :woohoo:

I am not a big fan of Dole Whips either and I love pineapple juice. I am with the PP's, I would rather have chocolate! :goodvibes

I wouldn't say they're gross, but I could definitely live without never consuming another one. For me, gross is the turkey legs. :crazy2:

my mom and i don't care for them.. or the mint julips..or the packaged candy.

Yet we Love their fruit!

I finally tried one in August to see what everyone is always raving about. I thought it was okay. I didn't love it but I didn't hate it. It was fine. I'm glad I tried it once but I don't think I will feel the need to get another one. Like my sister, I would rather spend my calories (and money) on something chocolate.

I wouldn't say they're gross, but I could definitely live without never consuming another one. For me, gross is the turkey legs. :crazy2:

I completely agree, the look of the Turkey legs were absolutely revolting! The fact you can see veins and blood grosses me out. I thought I was the only one who thought this!:blush:

my mom and i don't care for them.. or the mint julips..or the packaged candy.

Yet we Love their fruit!

The fruit is amazing at Disneyland, I loved the fresh Pineapple spears. popcorn::

I completely agree, the look of the Turkey legs were absolutely revolting! The fact you can see veins and blood grosses me out. I thought I was the only one who thought this!:blush:

The fruit is amazing at Disneyland, I loved the fresh Pineapple spears. popcorn::

Nope, that exactly how I feel about them too...they are gross!

add me to the list also...

i was at disney world last weekend and everyone was talking about it and i just had to have one.. i took like 3 bites out of it ( i had the float) and i ended up throwing it away. my hubby didnt even want to try it

DH and I gave Dole Whips a try on our last trip. It was just...okay. They weren't bad but it was underwhelming to say the least. We could only consume about half of ours (we each had one) before throwing it away.

What we LOVE are getting the waffle bowls filled with ice cream on main street! Eating ice cream on the curb at disneyland is so fab! :goodvibes

DH and I gave Dole Whips a try on our last trip. It was just...okay. They weren't bad but it was underwhelming to say the least. We could only consume about half of ours (we each had one) before throwing it away.

What we LOVE are getting the waffle bowls filled with ice cream on main street! Eating ice cream on the curb at disneyland is so fab! :goodvibes

Oh yeah! We get the waffle cones there! We will have them for lunch some days.

I like light deserts, so the float is great for me, I also love the strawberry bar from the carts. But the best indulgence was the iced mocha latte with an extra shot from the cart in DCA. It is the only "snack" I have to have daily.

I have not tried one yet either, they look tasty .... however, they are full of artificial ingredients. And I do not wish to be held accountable for any sugar high insanity that might just prevail in the event that I might par take in this Disney dessert. ;) No really though, sugar highs are a big possibility.

I think they are awful. And the reaction my guys had was awful (hubby pretty much passed out while DS went crazy running around in circles and so on*). When I got home I looked up the ingredients, and was astonished to see that list of chemicals. What, one "real" ingredient, crystallized (I think?) pineapple and that's it if I recall. bleah.

But even before I knew that, I felt it tasted like what I imagine pineapple-flavored melted plastic would taste like.

*their typical corn syrup-based ingredient reactions..in this case, corn syrup solids

Dole Whips are joyous! It doesn't really feel like a Disney vacation until I eat a Dole Whip Float.

Isn't it interesting how different personal tastes are? And the things we enjoy change as we age. When I was little I LOVED the Mint Juleps. I would guzzle them and beg for more.

Now, I find them revolting:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:.

So, feel free to dislike the Dole Whip, that just leaves more for ME!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter