Anyone else think the price of hotel accomodations in general are just crazy expensive now?

MeridaMerida

Mouseketeer
I'm so shocked at how expensive it is to travel now, especially when you have a family and may need more than a traditional standard room. We have a good income but I find the price of travel to be so so much for what it is. Nice, not crazy luxurious resorts are all like $500-600+ a night plus so many fees. Even basic accommodations at popular times are $300-400 a night. It's insane. When I Iooked at the Four Seasons 2 years ago it was closer to $500 a night. Now it's $1400 a night!!! Disney Deluxes are getting to be in the 700's.

Yes. I think the price of hotel accommodations in general are just crazy expensive now.

What bothers me almost as much as the price is the ability for hotels and rentals to demand - and get - payment in advance when you make the reservation.

It's been awhile since I stayed off property but it seems the crazy hotel prices hit Disney and Universal much more than surrounding hotels.

I’ve been going since 2013 and it has gone up considerably since then. Pop Century is actually pretty decent compared to the mid level resorts that are like $500 a night. Not sure who has the ability to pay for that unless it’s a short stay

I'm so shocked at how expensive it is to travel now, especially when you have a family and may need more than a traditional standard room. We have a good income but I find the price of travel to be so so much for what it is. Nice, not crazy luxurious resorts are all like $500-600+ a night plus so many fees. Even basic accommodations at popular times are $300-400 a night. It's insane. When I Iooked at the Four Seasons 2 years ago it was closer to $500 a night. Now it's $1400 a night!!! Disney Deluxes are getting to be in the 700's.
Travel costs and lodging everywhere has gone crazy. I'm hopeful that if anything good comes from the recession is that hotels and disney will feel this. I tend to think it might even have started given I got a discount/unique offer pin code emailed to me by Disney yesterday for travel booked Dec 11-25 this year. Although it's only a 20% discount which is the same discount as the Disney + sub deal. Guessing the hotels aren't as full as they thought they should be. This is the very reason we don't stay disney deluxe that much anymore. We usually do "fake" deluxe at Swan/Dolphin so we get all the same benefits for a few hundred $ less. We haven't bitten the bullet and stayed at any deluxe since 2019 since the prices have skyrocketed for similar times of year. I do love staying on property so I'm all about the Boardwalk area but our next trip I may mix it up some since my kids prefer disney owned resorts. It's insane that for some of the mods, it's the same price as a cheaper deluxe with a discount was just a few years ago.

Even these discounts aren't that great. And when you look at off disney property hotels, the premium associated with being in the bubble is really shocking.

It’s not just Disney, prices are crazy high everywhere. I often get away alone for a night or two to hotels a few hours from home. Typically I pay $100-150 a night. The same hotels are now over $300 a night. Crazy!

When Walt Disney World was opened in 1971 it brought a lot of demand for families who stayed off-site but when the Walt Disney World resorts opened the hotels became more and more popular and once Disney knew how popular the resorts were they started to attract the business people honeymooners and just about anyone else. So when Disney's Grand Floridian Resort opened it's doors in 1988 it became known as the pricey Walt Disney World resort because it first attracted adults because of it's popularity for weddings and honeymoons and couples. Soon once the Grand Floridian was built Disney started making other pricey resorts because that's what sold well. But when Caribbean Beach Resort also opened in 1988 it was always known as the cheaper least expensive hotel of Walt Disney World for families and they repeated the same thing with the Port Orleans Resort too. But when you get the general picture I think the main problem why Disney resort hotel prices continue to skyrocket is because ever since the pandemic began hotels started seeing a deep increase because people couldn't travel during that time and when Walt Disney World closed in 2020 due to the pandemic a lot of the Disney resorts were affected and started raising prices for when the park would open again. And when the park reopened Disney resorts starting raising their prices more and more until many families started saying "We don't know what to do and we'll just stay off-site" when they saw the skyrocketing prices of the resorts and would just cancel and forget about the trip. But I think that this is the start of the new trend for Disney resorts because even before the pandemic Disney resorts were the top rated places to stay for a Walt Disney World trip and when many more hotels were built the trend continued. Take for example when Disney's Coronado Springs Resort built the Gran Destino tower the prices for Coronado Springs Resort soared and if you look up the prices for a room in the Gran Destino tower you'll see that it's the more pricey part of Coronado Springs Resort and when All-Star Resorts created the All-Star Broadway resort for All-Star Music Resort the same thing happened and that's why the Disney All-Star Resorts have also been pricey as well. But as more families go to Walt Disney World now I think the resorts will lower their prices in the future

I’ve noticed hotel prices in certain locations have risen a lot especially since the pandemic. We booked to go to Hawaii in 2020 which was obviously cancelled due to COVID. We are rebooking that trip now. Our hotel on Maui was $600 a night and is now $1500 (thank goodness for points!) Looking at the other hotels on the island, price rises are similar across the board. It’s crazy. Car hire is incredibly expensive too.

All I can say is with the resort prices the way they are Thank God For DVC. Without DVC there is no way we would be able to go twice a year.

Remember the days when All Stars were around $100 or so per night?
Ha! I remember the trip I got AKL standard for $72 a night Florida resident rate! That was probably 2009? It was an extra special rate that even surprised the check in staff, but still. Poly used to be $300 a night not that long ago. Now it’s $800!

I remember back in 2019 it was possible to book certain deluxe rooms (30% discounted) via the official Disney site for just above $320/night.
That's unthinkable today. I wish I had taken advantage of that offer. Because you never know what happens!

YUP. We used to book deluxe resorts for $220-$270 a night with AP/FL discounts, now with discounts those same rooms are $600 a night in ~value~ season . My income hasn't quite increased at the same rate as Disney's prices 😂

YUP. We used to book deluxe resorts for $220-$270 a night with AP/FL discounts, now with discounts those same rooms are $600 a night in ~value~ season . My income hasn't quite increased at the same rate as Disney's prices 😂
Hotel prices are not just Disney, Universal hotel prices have also skyrocketed along with most hotels across the country.

Hotel prices are not just Disney, Universal hotel prices have also skyrocketed along with most hotels across the country.

Sure, prices are up everywhere, no disputing that, but we have hotel stays booked at Miami this month and Vegas in November and neither of those bookings are quite as dramatically inflated as what we see at WDW 😅

I am a WL lover and AP holder, but agree the resorts are very pricey. We have been booking at Flamingo Crossings and ubering to the parks Saves $400 a night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter