Anyone else using upcoming Disney trip as motivation to lose weight?

mabenoab

Mouseketeer
We leave in 107 days, and I do NOT want to take "fat" pictures while I'm down in sunny Florida. Months of oversized winter sweaters and coats have hidden more than I thought!

I can't be the only one who uses their Disney plans as weight loss motivators, can I? How goes the battle? Any tips or tricks?

:hippie:

Oh my gosh!! Me, me, me!!! Everytime I go to the cupboard, I think....Disney in a few weeks...summer clothes....no fat rolls......new swimming suit...It has worked though. I am down 10 lbs since we booked our trip about a month ago:cool1: ....most of it was from getting a nasty virus and losing weight but hey....I've kept it off for 3 wks.

Good Luck!pixiedust: ( I have promised myself a few new summer outfits if I can lose at least 5-10 more.)

Thank goodness, someone else out there with the same mindset as me!! I thought the samething about having pictures taken of myself. I'm usually the one taking pictures so I have very few of myself. However, I know once we get there I'm going to want pictures of the whole family and what not so the pounds have to go! So far I've managed to shed 7lbs, but would love to loose 20 more before we go....we'll see! ;)

I'm so glad I'm not alone! No fat pictures, and no avoiding the pool (or wearing a silly tshirt over my suit) allowed on this trip! I've cut carbs, increased exercise (ever so slightly) and lost 7, but shamefully put 2 back on. I told dh: no more Mexican dinners out until we can have one in Epcot!

When we went to WDW in 2000 I looked great, and then in 2002 I looked...well, bigger. I've put pics from each trip on the fridge, as a reminder, and if that doesn't work, I think I'll hang my bathing suit on the cupboard doors. My poor kids.

Good luck, Disers! And know you're not alone. :hippie:

Count me in! We just booked our Oct '07 today and paid for it too. So it's time to get down to business! I've lost 5 pounds already, and Dh has lost 9, so we're on our way. I still have 40 to go, but whatever I lose before the trip is great with me. I really just don't want to feel self-conscious in a swimming suit. I want to feel like I'm in decent shape and really *enjoy* myself, ya know? I can't wait - I'm so excited!

Oh, I'm just exercising :yay: about 4x/week and eating a lot healther (though not perfect).

Count me in too!

My trip is coming up (see countdown ticker) & I've lost about 2-3 pounds.
I need to lose about another 7 or my summer clothes won't fit comfortably!!

DH & I started walking in the evenings, on the few warm days that we've had...but right now there is an inch of solid ice on the grass & pavement.
We're totally iced in!

Oh my gosh!! Me, me, me!!! Everytime I go to the cupboard, I think....Disney in a few weeks...summer clothes....no fat rolls......new swimming suit...It has worked though. I am down 10 lbs since we booked our trip about a month ago:cool1: ....most of it was from getting a nasty virus and losing weight but hey....I've kept it off for 3 wks.

Good Luck!pixiedust: ( I have promised myself a few new summer outfits if I can lose at least 5-10 more.)

Hey, any chance of you sending me that nasty virus in the mail... :lmao:

Congratulations!!!! have fun on your skinny Disney vacation!;)

Oh oh me me. We went on our first trip to DL in Dec '05 and when I look at those pics I just cringe. We just went again Feb'07 and I had lost 60 lbs in between because I wanted to be able to retake all my pictures again. We are heading to WDW and DCL Feb'08 and I want to loose the remaining 30 lbs. So Yeah I know what your talking about. I want the new cruise wardrobe for sure:thumbsup2

I look at my photos from last summer's trip and cringe! The dining plan is so worth it but my lord did I pack on the lbs!

I followed weight watchers to the letter this year and lost 22 pounds. We're doing the dining plan again so I'm thinking maybe I should try for another five before July just to have a comfortable buffer!

A couple of tips that have helped me...drink water, lots of water! I'm a late night snacker so I've tried to cut that out and it has helped too. Now I paint my nails while watching tv in the evenings and that keeps me from sticking my hand in the cookie jar.

Good luck to everyone, we can do it because we're worth it (and so are our vacations!)!

..... Months of oversized winter sweaters and coats have hidden more than I thought! ....

Funny how a NH winter can do that to a person!! Months of heavy baggy clothes and not much activity to speak of!:sad2: We don't have a 2007 trip planned but when we went last fall, it was indeed motivation enough to lose weight!! I joined eDiets on-line to keep me on track with what I eat (I tend to pick so it helped to have something to follow). Also, since my prep time was summer, I was able to get outside and I did lots of walking - 2 miles every day, which only takes 35 minutes at a good pace.

Just keep thinking about shorts, t-shirts, swimsuits, and all the photos that will happen on your trip! Go for it!!!!!:cool1:

I'm trying to toss some pounds in the waste (or would that be out of the waist :p) basket too in prep for the trip. I'm tired of toting around a spare tire around my waist line. I don't like putting on t-shirts and seeing my jelly roll. So far I've tried to eat less junky food, make sure I eat breakfast, and am trying to go for a walk 3 times a week. I only started this week, though. In hindsight, I probably should have started sooner. However, better late than never is what I am telling myself.

Hey, any chance of you sending me that nasty virus in the mail... :lmao:

That reminds me of a pact some friends and me made. I got mono in college and lost my freshman 15 and then some. I think I must have weighed 100 pounds by the time the virus had worked its way through my system. The pact we made was that if any of us got mono, we'd make sure to go and kiss each other to share the 'fun'.

Reality is we would never do such a thing, but in theory, it sounds just great :)

That reminds me of a pact some friends and me made. I got mono in college and lost my freshman 15 and then some. I think I must have weighed 100 pounds by the time the virus had worked its way through my system. The pact we made was that if any of us got mono, we'd make sure to go and kiss each other to share the 'fun'.

Reality is we would never do such a thing, but in theory, it sounds just great :)

I mean, I'm not picky... If anyone out there has a case of mono... I would be up for that too!:rotfl:

TOTALLY ME!!!! IM IN IM IN!!!!

I want to go down 3 sizes before our WDW vac.... I need to kick it in high gear here soon... I have about a year... I have had health problems and I think loosing the weight will really help... I just need to do it... and the WDW tip it major motivation!!!! :)

Ok girls...now that we say we're motivated...how are we going to stick with it?

We could post every week.
Not our actual weight...but how much we lost.
Anyone up for something like that?

OK...We leave in 39 days and I would love to lose a little weight. Even 10 pounds would make me feel better. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who hates to see the "fat girl" in our family pictures.:eek: Somehow I just don't feel like I look! I'm counting on you guys to keep me motivated! :cheer2: Good luck everyone and enjoy your vacations...no matter what!:cool1:

daisyduck123 I think that is a great idea. I know I really need the support. Of the 60 lbs I've lost I put back on 10 in the past 4 months. I don't want to put on the other 50(I want to loose 30). So I think if we can keep each other motivated with this then lets give it a try.
Jennifer:cheer2:

This thread really hits home with me. When we returned from WDW last October I was shocked to see myself in the pictures. :( I really didn't know how big I had gotten until that moment. It was horrible. So the very next day after seeing those trip pictures I joined Weight Watchers. :) That was the first week of November (2006). Now... 21 weeks later... I've lost 40 pounds and I can't WAIT to take as many pictures in WDW as possible!!!! :rotfl: I'm going to be in EVERY PICTURE!!!!! :woohoo:

Now lets just hope I don't blow it by eating churros, turkey legs, and dole whips!!!! :rolleyes1 We're doing the Dining Plan so it is SCARY!!!! :scared:

If anyone wants advice I totally recommend Weight Watchers. After doing Nutrisystem, then Jenny Craig, then Atkins, then South Beach, this was the ONLY one that worked well for me. With the other programs I either quit after a few weeks, or lost a lot of weight and then gained it all back. Weight Watchers is REAL food for REAL life!!! :thumbsup2

What I meant to say was: 102 days till Disney (I haven't been dieting for 102 days...not yet!)

Ok, so I dropped 6 lbs right away, and nothing in the past week. Oh how I wish chips & wine were diet foods...I really like the idea of posting our progress weekly...Great Idea! I'm in, I could use that motivation.

Some of you folks are amazing! A round of applause for the person who lost 60 lbs! and for the poster who wants to lose 100 ...you go girl!!

:hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter