Anyone else worried about no general codes?

hAm53

hi!!!
although we'll be AP holders for our WDW Wedding, i'm really worried that there won't be any general codes out in late aug/early sept for our guests to use.
usually the general codes will come out a couple days after the AP codes. but since the summer ap codes have come out, all we've gotten were military codes. nothing for the general public.
is anyone else a little worried?

The lack of general codes tells me that business is strong at Walt Disney World - that they are taking in money - and hopefully they will reinvest into the parks and resorts.

Lack of codes won't keep me from going - just possibly from going to a Deluxe - I'll do a moderate or value if I need too.

I have pretty much given up hope of a general code. Right now it doesn't even look like there will be a pin code for my Aug. date. They skipped right over me and released the Dining Package for the fall!

Melissa

I waited on pins and needles for a general code for our upcoming June trip... nada. It doesn't bother me so much now, but about a month ago I felt sort of cheated that some people were getting PIN codes for a $79/nt rate at a moderate and I was paying $99/nt rack rate at POP. I got over my jealousy and anger, as I figured I'm still going to WDW, and maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones to get a PIN next time. :)

Mention to your guests that if they are AAA members (or can join inexpensively) that they should mention that when making reservations. Some discount is better than nothing, and September is value season for all resorts---when rack is lowest and the AAA discounts are at their most generous. I'm paying $69/night, including all taxes, at POP in September. A moderate would be about $120 (taxes included) during the same period, but we're going the Tiki Room route: CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP.

Hi! When my daughter was married at WDW in 2000, her guests were offered special pricing! You might want to ask about this!! :wizard:

:earsgirl: shopgirl

They released military discounts, so maybe a ......teeny weeny chance???

GarrettJD said:
I waited on pins and needles for a general code for our upcoming June trip... nada. It doesn't bother me so much now, but about a month ago I felt sort of cheated that some people were getting PIN codes for a $79/nt rate at a moderate and I was paying $99/nt rack rate at POP. I got over my jealousy and anger, as I figured I'm still going to WDW, and maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones to get a PIN next time. :)

GarretJD, I must admit you are a better person than I am. I am still feeling "pissy" about the overall lack of general codes and my planned vacation hasn't even arrived yet. I am just feeling pessimistic now about things to come for the fall. Grrrr... :mad:

We were down in February this year staying at pop with a winter code for $59 plus tax. After our tour of SSR for possible dvc membership we crunched the numbers in our room at pop and calculated rates with codes for the next 20 years for value resorts. At the end, the dvc still came out better.

We never calculated the rates without codes. I always assumed there would be the general codes available. We are in canada so annual passes is not something we would really take advantage of, and AAA discount is only about 10%?

Now I am glad that we decided to purchase dvc when we did because those rooms at pop were getting to be too small.

You guys might want to crunch the numbers and see if dvc makes sense for you.

I am a really frugal person and do not like wasting money unwisely. Our family found that we end up saving lots of money over the long run.

And renting points is a great idea, but the point rental price will likely go up in the next few years. Just something to think about.

i think to because of the celebration this year, they prob. wont have great discounts anyways. i know we have been going middle to end of Aug. , and the year of celebrations there was a BIG dif. in CROWDS. esp. a couple of summers ago, it was AWFUL -hot and PACKED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Makes me scared, I too have an AP but it will expire in Feb. and I'm looking at a trip in Oct (Halloween party) and then another in April during th ebig airshow in Lakeland for DH. If no codes come out between now and then I'll probably renew the AP. You know that with your one AP you can book like three rooms, don't you. That may be something to think about if no codes. It'd help some.

Worried- No ***WISHING- Of Course-

Hoping to be shined on by the code fairy, for our December trip, but if not, Oh well- Pop Century it is, and still another great Disney trip- This time w/ MVMCP.

I was upset at first- about the no code for our Apr. trip, but got AAA room rate, w/ Disney Dining, and ended up saving over $500 w/ the dining package.

:cool1:

I haven't crunched the figures, but it seems to me that with the MYW tickets, you are paying about the same for a trip to WDW this year as last years general code room discount and LOS admission. This is based on a group of three or more staying 6 nights/7days or longer. With the longer stays the average ticket price per day is very much discounted. For shorter stays and fewer people in a group the general codes would be much better.

I have come up with some figures, some actual and some estimated. Some friends of mine are staying at POR Aug. 8-14. Two adults, 8 yr old DD and 2 yr old DS in a standard room with the affordable package their total cost is $1,586 for the 6 nights and 7 days.(room and tickets). Last year the room with a room discount would have cost about $660 and the 7 day length of stay tickets would have been about $350 per adult ($700) and $320 for 8 yr old. Two yr old is free. If my estimated figures for last year are close at all, that trip would have cost $1,680 with a room only discount. This years trip is $94 cheaper with the MYW tickets and no room discount. If my figures are close to being correct, you can book a room this year with the MYW tickets and it is cheaper than last years room discounts and LOS tickets included. I know other situations will be different ie: fewer days/nights and fewer people in group. If I'm wrong in my logic or numbers feel free to correct me.

I don't think we'll see any general codes for awhile. The 4 for $1500 seems to be the big promotion. Does anyone remember if they offered general room only discounts during the Fairytale pacakges (and the like) they put out??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter