Anyone ever flown AirTran?

Tikitoi

DIS Veteran
We have never did. But I just found what seems to be some good flight costs of about $268pp/rt to Vegas. The closest airport from us that we usually use is about an hour away. The next one is about 1 1/2 hrs but this will be about 2 1/2 hours away. The rates for the closer airports are about $400 or more. But wondering if Airtran is like SW in that you choose your seat upon check in? And if so how does it usually go? Thanks. popcorn::

I'm also considering using AirTran for our flight from denver to Orlando. I think they do assigned seating. I'll be interested in hearing other's opinions of airtran also

We have flown Airtran many times - never any problems - love their service. You can pay $5/seat when you purchase your tickets to select a seat. If you do not pay to select a seat you will be assigned one, but won't know where you are sitting until you check in online 24 hours before your flight or at the airport.

Tammy

Traveled with AirTran several times. They are very helpful and friendly. We were offered upgrades to business class on one trip and moved to an exit row on another for more leg room. We got $160 flights to Florida so we tried them. Check them out.
Angie_Ohio

I have flown AirTran before and had no problems with them. I am flying AirTran this summer, $112 one way per person, PHL to SAN, which I thought was a pretty good price.

I have flown Airtran several times from Baltimore to Orlando, they were great but the seats are rather uncomfortable so I am not sure how I would do with a long flight, those flights were only 2 hours.

SW has captured most of our business lately

For several years I had used AirTran & their CC for rewards and was able to earn flights easily; although redeeming said credits were a challenge lol

Another way we managed to earn flight vouchers was accomplished by both their losing our luggage:rolleyes1 and nasty habit of cancelling flights whilst we sat @ MCO:mad: for hours before they plopped us down on a later flight(s)...not sure if it's a good thing or a bad one.

They also tended to change flight times, especially NSs, (sometimes cancelling completely; once moving up 8 hours) without any notice

Apparently, they have changed that practice...last Dec. when they changed our flight time we did receive an email change notice wherein we had to "click" on it to acknowledge the change:thumbsup2

i'm using our last AT credit this summer & plan on solely utilizing SW.

IMO, you cannot beat the ability to book, get a ding/sale price, or even sell unused ressie funds on ebay (i recently received nearly 90% of funds i was unable to use).

I have to agree with Keisha!

The last time we flew AirTran, I called to confirm the flights a few days ahead.

What had been a 7:00 AM flight was now a 7:00 PM flight. (It was the day before Easter, so no additional flights/airlines were available.)

As a result, DW missed the first half-day of the conference she was attending.

Never again for AirTran!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter