Anyone ever go WITHOUT booking a room?

KerriKaden

Mouseketeer
I am going Dec.1-6, but I thought that I might get a good rate by just walking-in. Do you think this would be stupid? Isn't the first week of December a very low attendance week? I thought it was, but then when I was reading about the MVMCP, it sounds like it could get crowded.
Thanks.
Cheryl

We have gone w/o ressie......stop at one of the "know before you go" or Tourist outlets...they have last minute rooms for reasonable prices....not sure any of them can beat Priceline on a last minute basis, but I think you could get a deal.....If you really have courage and can take a few hours, I would stop in at any of the places that rent condos and houses and tell them you will pay 60 dollars a night for a condo or a home...take it or leave it....I know there are thousands of condos and homes for rent, and they are all looking for bookings.....takes some guts, but I will bet it can work......I did this in Myrtle Beach a month ago and got a beaurtiful two bedroom condo for 70 a night while 50 year old hotel rooms were going for 100 to 200 a night.....the owner was just happy to have it rented for 5 nights....good luck..Ted

driving I have heard in Ocala at the Disney Center there. They have rooms that are available
within a 10 day window I believe it was... at supposedly 50% off you can't call and ask about
these rooms you have to go in...I've been wanted to do it but to
far of a drive for us.
We have also just driven down and went to AAA and they have found
us rooms (the AAA in the MK)for the night.

Good luck!
HOlycow

Just returned from orlando and there is such a price war on rooms outside the park... A few hotels were adversing you make your out package and your own rates... The cheapest we saw were 23.95 all rooms at the Knights Inn at 192 the hotels are willing to bargain not to let the rooms go empty.. Next time I'm going without pre booking>>> There are lots of bargains out there and make sure the hotel has a free shuttle and free breakfest that is what they are all offering now...

popins44
I agree there is a price war. With Disney booking the Allstars at about $50-$60 the offsite hotels have to offer deals. Many offer some type of free breakfast. That said Knights Inn is a bad buy even if the room was free.

Amen...lots of not so good posts about Knight's Inn.....lots of bargains elsewhere.....just travel down 192 east for about 6 or 7 miles from disney and check out the motel signs...Ted

We have some neighbors who were staying off site and when they saw their room they said no way. I don't remember where it was at now. Anyway they drove up the the WDW drive in and stopped somewhere and got a Wilderness Cabin at Fort Wilderness for a very good price. And this was in the middle of summer.

Up until two trips ago we used to stay offsite on 192. Once we stayed onsite we said NEVER again offsite. The difference is remarkable. 192 has been torn up now for almost three years. Between the traffic and construction we were always stressed when we got to Disney. Plus offsite hotels are also less likely to deal with unruly guests. We had a pack....Im sorry if I offend but yes a pack of cheerleaders ( I have nothing against cheerleaders but the only way to describe these kids was a pack) both female and male and they were the loudest, most obnoxious kids AND chaparones! I had to go out and scold them several times for screaming and running up and down the halls and stairs at 11-12 at night! They kept waking my kids. The hotel did NOTHING when I called and wouldnt even give me the name of the school they belonged to so that I could complain to the principal! They claimed they didnt know what school they belonged to. I somehow doubt that they didnt know.

With all the great rates at Disney now I would keep trying CRO and keep watching Mousesavers for great rates even without AP's or Resident discounts. 50-60 dollars at the All Stars is a great rate plus you get the perks of staying onsite and the rooms are DEFINITELY better than the offsite hotel rooms.

We stayed on 192 years ago and had a motel with nice big rooms and evening security etc. I believe it was Travelodge Kissimmee Flags at that time. We paid $20 a nite. Not too shabby. (It was higher for the first nites but once you stayed 3 at that time price for all nites went down).

If you could get a good price, try the Hampton Inn Maingate West if they have any rooms for last minute. They were clean, comfy and had the highest breakfast budget around. We were stuffed by the time we left. I could not complain about anything there. Also fridge & micro in room! We used a board rate from here for $55??? or so and it was worth every penny. Even with the road construction our room was quiet as can be, cause it sits slightly back off the main road.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter