Anyone ever sail out of New York City Manhattan terminal?

I don’t think they check times at the MCT.
If you mean PATs oh yes they do! They were very strict with PAT times with our last few cruises out of Manhattan cruise terminal. We had to wait in corrals according to our PAT times.

OP.....That said we love sailing out of NYC. We live about 25 minutes away so no flights involved and sailing down the Hudson River is just stunning.

I am pretty sure the Treasure is being christened in NYC like the Fantasy was. I will be hanging around the port again trying to get see some celebs like with the Fantasy!

MJ

We flew into Newark and took the train to Penn Station and a cab to the terminal. Dropped off at the porters. The return was the same in reverse - cabs were waiting and we did not need to cross the street.

Adding that we loved sailing from NYC even though it was cold in November and the seas were too rough for some passengers.
We took the train to Penn Station also but we board the train at Hamilton Station (near Trenton) which is super convenient from I-295 for those of us in South Jersey or Philly/DE area. Once off the train there was a taxi queue right there and it definitely dropped us off at the terminal with no need to cross the street. This was in 2012 and they were offering 2-night cruises to no where. It's a shame they can longer offer these; it was an easy, fun weekend. It also gave me a chance to book another 2 placeholders for our Med cruise the next year.
I'm kind of a map channel nerd and we basically rode to approximately Virginia Beach then turned back. It was July and we had great weather for cruising. It was short but very memorable to sail past the Statue of Liberty. :goodvibes:lovestruc

We are local and had family drop us off at the terminal in October. Driving southbound is so simple - there's a clear exit for the terminal and you pull right in. Porters ready and waiting right there and you walk right into the terminal. For pickup, they tried to sway everyone to cross the street but we told them we had a private transfer so we were able to be picked up right at the terminal. It's easier than crossing the street.

PAT's were strictly being enforced. They corralled the PAT's outside the terminal so when (fingers crossed) Disney returns to NYC I would plan on not arriving too early, unless you enjoy standing outside in a pen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter