anyone from UK just joined DVC

chuds

Earning My Ears
Hi has anyone from the UK recently joined the DVC could you share your pro's and con's of this may help us making our mind up to commit or not :confused:

There is an entire UK DVC board in the UK forums here below the DVC forums. I would ask there.

Hi we joined DVC in 2007.

PRO: For us it was being able to stay at deluxe accommondation which we could never afford each year.

CONS: The price per point especially if you buy from Disney direct. If your looking at buying check out the resale websites as you can save yoirself a fortune.

Hi has anyone from the UK recently joined the DVC could you share your pro's and con's of this may help us making our mind up to commit or not :confused:

depends when you want to go, for the last 5 years their have been some great deals, 40%off plus free dining at certain times of the year. kind of makes owning DVC expensive at this current time, if you go when their are no discounts then it can be a good deal, from SSR owner.

Pros
Deluxe hotels
Discounts when in WDW and uk Disney store
Only needing to pay for flights
Able to use points at DLP (expensive tho) but gives you the option
DCL

Cons
Price per point
Dues bill in Jan :confused:

We bought DVC at Bay Lake Towers last August - to be honest, I only went to see the rep for the freebees (wanted a few free fast-passes but ended up with $100 gift cards)
For us, we knew it would be a struggle to get back to Disney again in the near future so part of the attraction was leaving Florida at the end of the holiday in the knowledge that we would be back again in a few years and then for the foreseeable future.
We used some free points and stayed in a Magic Kingdom view 2 bedroom apartment - they really are staggering!
The other advantage you may wish to consider is that the apartments are self catering which means you could save money avoiding visiting restaurants 3 times a day.

We became DVC members in July 2010 with BLT as our home resort. We were on our 11th trip to WDW then and hope to have many more to come. At a time when money in the bank is earning very little it made sense to us to 'future proof' those trips by buying into DVC. For what we are used to paying for moderate resort accommodation we can now have stunning deluxe villas at resorts we could only dream of staying at. We've watched BLT rise from a hole in the ground and never dared to dream we would stay there so I suppose in a way we were buying our dreams.

We tend to travel at times when discounts don't apply so the great deals were not there for us on cash bookings but we can make use of the many DVC discounts and perks. It is also something special we can pass on to our kids for them to enjoy with their own families in time.

It is a decision made with the head and also the heart. We can't wait for our first trip home.

We became members quite a few years ago, and have enjoyed many great vacations.

Pro - Great accommodation, right onsite, Disney quality, flexibility of dates and places to stay.

Con - Ever-increasing dues - We get a bill every January which this year is close on £1000. Add to that the flight costs, meals and spends, and it's an expensive holiday, even staying on points.

If you have a spare £20,000 in the bank, it's probably still a good deal, but do your sums!

have you considered renting points from a member...tends to be a great deal! and you are not tied in a membership!

hi guys i agree that cost is getting higher especially flights was quoted nearly £6000 for a 2 week vacation were as we joined dvc last year and my costing is around £3700 with flights for 3 weeks this year im just wondering why the airlines dont get together and give people a payment plan for there flights only one in uk does it that i know of sorry for sounding off but all the economies around the world are in crisis and not many people have £1500 to £2000 for flights :sad1:

Hi everyone, we joined the DVC in 2009 after our 9th trip to wdw. we bought into bay lake tower, bought enough points so we could go for 2 weeks in the school holidays (kids just starting comprehensive school).
Everyone goes on about how disney have offers dining plan etc etc but they must forget my accomodation is paid for the next 48 years now im sure that i couldnt afford to stop at these high class disney resorts now and unless i win the lottery i wouldnt be able to afford them in 20 years let alone 48.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter