• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone get the Flu last week at BCV?

TravelingJen24

DVC Member
My family just got back from a week at BCV and all but one of us got the flu while we were there. It didn't last long, only a day and half a piece or so, but I was wondering if it was just us, or if anyone else had the same fate. I guess it would help me to figure out if it may have been in the room or we got it somewhere else. I know we did'nt bring it with us because it did not show up for five days after being there, so that it unlikely. We still had a decent trip, hate to say that the weather was not fabulous, but that's Orlando. Otherwise we still love DVC.

I am just wondering if you were diagnosed with the actually flu? Its early in the season for it, and I haven't heard of any other cases? I just want to be on the lookout if the flu has started already.

Sorry to hear you were ill on vacation. Not fun.

If by flu you mean a "stomach flu," I think it would be a great service to call the resort and let them know about it and which room you were in.

I haven't heard of true influenza being around yet either. Our DS2 who is high risk just got his vaccine yesterday. And of course it lasts a lot longer than that. :cold:

When I say flu, I mean major stomache problems, fever, chills, etc. I did let someone know, but I extremely doubt that it will make a difference. They didn't even try to accomodate the fact that we had two electronic wheelchairs that without taking furniture out of the room, which we did have to, (entry table and dining table), they would not have fit. I tried for two days to get another two bedroom villa and they couldn't accomodate, even though they said that I did request it. I hope know one else deals with the same illness we did, expecially since my two year old got it and was miserable. Good luck.

TravelingJen24 said:
When I say flu, I mean major stomache problems, fever, chills, etc. I did let someone know, but I extremely doubt that it will make a difference. They didn't even try to accomodate the fact that we had two electronic wheelchairs that without taking furniture out of the room, which we did have to, (entry table and dining table), they would not have fit. I tried for two days to get another two bedroom villa and they couldn't accomodate, even though they said that I did request it. I hope know one else deals with the same illness we did, expecially since my two year old got it and was miserable. Good luck.

May have been a Norwalk type bug. Several family members got something similar during our last stay at AKL. :sick:

I sometimes wonder if DCL has contributed to increased incidents of such germs within the Disney resorts. :scratchin

We were at BCV from 9/27 to 10/5 and neither my DH nor I were sick. We ate at Beaches & Cream but didn't eat at Cape May or the Marketplace. We used both pools and hung around the resort a lot. Sorry to hear you were sick. That really puts a damper on the vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter