Anyone go to a baseball game?

deedeetoo

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of going to see the Anaheim Angels one night during our trip to DL.

I am wondering about the logistics. The stadium looks fairly close to DL but too far to walk. We will be staying at the HoJos. Should we just drive over there and pay for parking or is there a better way? Does the ART go to the stadium?

Any advice would be great!

Turns out our home team the Milwaukee Brewer's are playing the Angels while we are at DL, so we will be heading to the game. The boys are so excited about this.

I am glad it is close to the parks and hotels. I don't want to drive on the freeway too much.

What do they nail you for tickets to the games? We don't have a team here anymore,beers were kinda steep though. :sad2:

We went last summer and only paid $14 each. Summer before last minute decision to go and paid $35 each.
We love going to Angels and Padre games and watch the schedule to get a couple games in during our vacation. Since we don't have MLB here it's a real treat to go.
I think parking was only $5.

We love baseball and while we do have baseball here (Go Red Sox!) its nearly impossible or very expensive to get a ticket. Last year we won a lottery which allowed us to buy seats for four games (at $50 a ticket so 4 people x $50 x 4 games = $800). This year we didn't win and we were not able to sit by the computer on the day that tickets went on sale to the general public, so no Red Sox tickets for us this year unless we buy overpriced tickets through a resaler like Stubhub.

We are always amazed at how cheap and easy it is to get seats in other cities and usually like to take in a game when we go somewhere there is a stadium. We don't even really care who is playing.

If parking is only $5 then we will probably just drive.

Parking is $8. Going to an out-of-town game is always fun even if it's neither of your teams. Great to see different stadiums and the baseball culture elsewhere. Here's a link to the Angels 2010 schedule.

We attended an Angels game this summer (August) and had a blast! We did a night game, which I thought was a lot of fun...didn't want to sit in the hot August sun, so that's why we chose it later. Don't honestly remember how much our tickets were, we didn't care, we don't get out there that often (we are from Alaska) and we didn't have a car there, so we took a towncar (taxi) from our hotel which was close to Ho Jo, we stayed at the Fairfield Inn. It wasn't a long ride at all, and we had a great time!! Have fun!!

We attended an Angels game this summer (August) and had a blast! We did a night game, which I thought was a lot of fun...didn't want to sit in the hot August sun, so that's why we chose it later. Don't honestly remember how much our tickets were, we didn't care, we don't get out there that often (we are from Alaska) and we didn't have a car there, so we took a towncar (taxi) from our hotel which was close to Ho Jo, we stayed at the Fairfield Inn. It wasn't a long ride at all, and we had a great time!! Have fun!!

Did you have any problems getting a taxi back?

Cheapest section at Angel's stadium the tickets go from $12-19. This is the area where groups tend to go (we went last year with softball) The section is all the way to the left, or the right, highest level up. (Kinda makes you a little dizzy looking down)

My DD10 grandparents have season tix and we go once, or twice, a year with them. Third base, front row. Great Seats! We don't park in the stadium parking lot-it can take you forever to exit. That's why so many So. Californians will leave the game early, to avoid the parking lot gridlock!:rotfl:

We park to the south of the stadium off of Orangewood. There are parking vendors there that run parking at some of the offices located directly across the street. Only $5 and not too far of a walk In fact, I have paid to park in the parking lot at the Stadium before and had to walk just as far (They parked us by the train station as far away as possible.) Sometimes, if you get there early enough you can park on one of the side streets (Rampart). We find this location very convenient for arriving and leaving.

If you are there on a Friday night, they have fireworks after the game. :woohoo:

Oh, and food is really expensive at the games. I mean REALLY EXPENSIVE! You are, however, allowed to bring in some food and drinks. No cans-you will have to throw those away. I usually stop and grab lunch on the way and bring in my drink cup from Del Taco. Never a problem.:goodvibes We bring in peanuts, flavor tubes for water, candy, etc.

One last thing, if it's a warm day, be prepared. It can get really hot sitting in the seats in the sun. Sometimes boiling hot :sunny: We were there one day in May a few years back where I actually got worried about my DD and we got up and moved into the shaded area.

We'll be doing this in June. My MIL is a huge Dodgers fan and they'll be playing in Anaheim when we are there (the day after her bday!!)

Did you have any problems getting a taxi back?
I've seen taxis waiting by the main stadium entrance - near the Big A Hats. :wizard: Alternatively you could walk to the Amtrak station which shares the parking lot, and there are always taxis there.

We are planning on going to a Padres & a Dodgers game. LA's not in town.

Do you buy your tickets ahead of time or @ the gate on game day?

We are planning on going to a Padres & a Dodgers game. LA's not in town.

Do you buy your tickets ahead of time or @ the gate on game day?
We've done both, but generally prefer to have tickets in hand via eBay or StubHub.

By "LA's not in town", do you mean the Dodgers or the Angels?

Sorry about that. I meant the Angels. (LAA's) :confused3

We like to visit baseball stadiums when we travel & even though the Angels are not in town, I thought I read somewhere that they offer tours. So maybe we can plan for that.

We're going to Yankee/Dodgers!!.. Kind of planned the CA trip around that!!! I'm a Yankee fan along with our twin boys (8)... hubby is a Dodger fan. Can't wait!!!!

Going to All Star game in July. Do you think they will have transportation from the convention center area, or is it best to take a bus/taxi from GCH or Hojo? Still haven't decided on resort.:rolleyes1

We are thinking of going to see the Anaheim Angels one night during our trip to DL.

I am wondering about the logistics. The stadium looks fairly close to DL but too far to walk. We will be staying at the HoJos. Should we just drive over there and pay for parking or is there a better way? Does the ART go to the stadium?

Any advice would be great!

We just went to Monday night's opener against the Twins. While you could walk, I wouldn't recommend it - the area between Disney and I-5 is ok, and around the stadium is ok, the 1/2 mile or so in between appeared sketchy to us. We could have taken the ART, we would have had to take our bus to either Disney or Gardenwalk and transferred to the Route 15 bus. The only issue with that was the bus runs every 20 minutes, so we it could have taken us an hour to get there, if we just missed our busses. Stadium parking is $8. The girl at the front desk that I talked to said she has taken a cab from our hotel (Staybridge Suites) and it was less than $10 each way. We ended up just driving over there and paying to park

Going to All Star game in July. Do you think they will have transportation from the convention center area, or is it best to take a bus/taxi from GCH or Hojo? Still haven't decided on resort.:rolleyes1

I believe you would have to take a bus to the main transfer center at Disney (2 stops), then transfer to bus 15. I brought the map home with me yesterday, lost the darned thing already. I'll try to find it for you...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter