• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone go to Summer on Savanna ?

LarryKeith

Are we there yet!!
Just hoping to get a post from someone that attended the summer party and tell us all about it! What are the perks? Gifts? Games? Pins? Admission anywhere ? PLEZZZZZE Tell!!!!!!!! popcorn:: We will be attending 8/9 or whenever thur. hits that week. The whole family had a ball at the 1 last year. :woohoo:

Just hoping to get a post from someone that attended the summer party and tell us all about it! What are the perks? Gifts? Games? Pins? Admission anywhere ? PLEZZZZZE Tell!!!!!!!! popcorn:: We will be attending 8/9 or whenever thur. hits that week. The whole family had a ball at the 1 last year. :woohoo:

We'll be there on the 9th as well, already picked up our mickey heads. Now if I can just find them.

We were there on Thursday. There was a huge tent set up outside the entrance to Epcot. They were a little delayed in letting people in, but I guess that may have been because it was the first time they were doing this. But while we were waiting, there were African drummers and this really neat guy on bouncy stilts entertaining the line. Actually, now that I am thinking about it, I think the delay may have been because they were waiting for safari Mickey and Minnie to arrive. Once they came out, they started letting everyone in. Everyone received a coupon booklet like last year with a form for the drawing for a huge DVC basket, 2 snack coupons and the rest of the book was about where you can get discounts on items for being DVC members.

They rotated characters during the whole event. Goofy was out for a while, rafiki was out (he led the conga line). Photopass photographers took pictures. I forget what other characters may have come out. There were usually 2 out. One in line for autographs and pictures and one mingling with the crowd. Devine also was there.

They also had face painting, a DJ and children could also decorate a noisemaker instrument.

When you were leaving they gave you a tan safari hat that said Animal Kingdom Villas on it.

We had a nice time. We loved the characters. We did miss the room from last year (the tent was not as spacious), the air conditioning (they did have some huge fans blowing misty air), and the free games that kept preteens occupied, oh and the free massages. It also seemed more like an advertising party for Animal Kingdom Villas, but nothing "in your face". There was a table set up where they were handing out booklets with pictures and point charts.

Oh, and Miss Dee Vee Cee was there.

We enjoyed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter