Anyone going to Halloween Horror Nights soon and mind asking a parking question?

AndrewC

DIS Veteran
Anyone able to ask if the Front Gate or Frankenstein (preferred?) parking is open during Halloween Horror Nights?

They used to have valet in the Frankenstein garage which was FANTASTIC location, but now it's moved way over to Jurassic Garage and is just a huge pain when the park is so busy at 5 to 6 pm with guests coming and going at the same time.

Even though I do RIP (which includes free valet), I'm more than willing to pay for Frankenstein garage parking (anyone want to ask? Is it the $20 since it's after 5pm, or higher priced because of HHN) or even front gate.

I do a REALLY long day, usually VIP in the morning until about 4:30pm and then dash back to my car and across the street to the Hilton for a quick shower and change of clothes before heading back around 6pm for HHN and I'm usually in the park till about midnight or even 1am... so a ~9am till midnight or 1am day in the park is long and I would totally pay to cut the walking down to/from the car (and speed up my transition time between day and night events).

I can never get a clear answer about the parking though until I'm actually there, and then I fall for the stupid valet each time because I thought it moved to Jurassic Garage one year after COVID just temporarily. I can't understand HOW that is a "premium" parking location... it's like a 10 minute walk to the front gate when crowds are real heavy.

I know Frankenstein is marked ride share drop off, but I can't imagine they block the WHOLE garage off for that, seems like a HUGE waste on an ideally located garage!

I was wondering about the Hilton Parking Lot also for price and convenience for guests.
You mention you will be a guest at the Hilton but does not sound like that is a good idea if you aren’t using it . I know they have a bus shuttle also . Why do you prefer the Universal parking garages?

I was wondering about the Hilton Parking Lot also for price and convenience for guests.
You mention you will be a guest at the Hilton but does not sound like that is a good idea if you aren’t using it . I know they have a bus shuttle also . Why do you prefer the Universal parking garages?
It would be wonderful if you would easily walk back and forth... and I think it's possible, but between the doors of the hotel and sidewalk of the road leading up to the parking gates there are NO sidewalks so while it might be ok during the day, I'm not a fan of walking that at night with tired guests or guests that might have had a bit to drink.

There is a sky bridge from the parking lot that is to the right of the parking entrance gates but there isn't a stairway or anything from the lot to the hotel, it's a vine covered hill. So... I usually just drive. Plus the walking thing. If I'm in Frankenstein garage it takes a few minutes to walk from the gate to my car and then like 30 second to get to the Hilton and maybe five minutes to get up to my room.

If you walk it, it's probably 15 minutes.

I'll have a car anyway with the Hilton so I'm paying that parking no matter what. Valet is free with the VIP/RIP tickets, and it was amazing when that was in Frankenstein. Now... not so much. I don't mind some added extra cost for convenience, but every survey I do gets comments on their stupid location change for valet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter