Anyone had any luck getting into the new short exchange site

jjpenguin

<font color=red>A penguin with mouse ears & wooden
I saw on the US site that the short stay exchange was up and running, but I just can't seem to get into it to have a look see

Anyone else have any luck? I would love to be able to use this option.

What is the short stay exchange (or what would it be if it was up and running!) ? It sounds interesting, whatever it might be!

What is the short stay exchange (or what would it be if it was up and running!) ? It sounds interesting, whatever it might be!

LOL Hilary, just what I thought too. Is it a 3-4 day split like you can get with some timeshares? You know, long weekend v 4 weekday nights? Instead of exchanging for a full week :confused3

I can't even get into the Member site this morning; probably down for maintenance.

Here's what it said on the site

Interval International Exchanges
Enjoy even greater flexibility with the NEW Short Stays program! Interval International now offers two great options: Short Stays of 3-6 nights or Weeklong Stays of 7 nights. Choose from hundreds of fabulous destinations in the United States, Canada and worldwide*.

Short Stays
Want a quick weekend escape to a romantic hideaway, an alpine ski resort or an inviting sun-drenched beach? Find a fun getaway and enjoy the convenience and spontaneity of booking a 3-6 night stay online, directly through Interval International. Short Stays are designed to provide you with a great selection of destinations available within 30 days from the time of your search. Try a search now to see where a Short Stay exchange can take you in the next month!

Book Now: See What's Available Now!**

Booking Window: From 30 to 4 days before check-in date (some accommodations may be available as far as 12 months before check-in date)

It's also somewhere in the member guide i believe...

I can get in but I can't seem to find anything on checking availability online :confused3

That's my problem too... the link says book now, and on the us boards people have said they've tried dates to see what was available, but all I get is the main II site...

I managed to get on last week and had a play around with dates for May in Spain and I managed to get a short break in May in Tenerife for 88 points. I didn't book it just wanted to see what it was about and how easy it was.

It was very easy when it worked last week, they may be experencing problems at the moment.

I managed to get on last week and had a play around with dates for May in Spain and I managed to get a short break in May in Tenerife for 88 points. I didn't book it just wanted to see what it was about and how easy it was.

It was very easy when it worked last week, they may be experencing problems at the moment.

That sounds promising then :thumbsup2 Thanks for letting us know.

jjpenquin said:
That's my problem too... the link says book now, and on the us boards people have said they've tried dates to see what was available, but all I get is the main II site...

Hopefully we'll be able to access it soon! I shall keep trying anyway ;)

I must be getting old! Even with jj's "Idiot's Guide", I look at the words, and all I see is, "Blah, blah blah blah, blah"! :rotfl:

Just to let you know that I rang MS to ask when the site will be available again but they couldn't give me a time. They said that their IT department were working on it and to keep checking the site.

Given that we haven't been able to access the member area to check points/reservations, pay dues etc for over a year and that all I get every time I complain is 'We're aware of the problew and the IT department is working on it', I wouldn't hold your breath. I believe their IT department is in Albania!:stir:

There seems to be something up now but i'm still not sure it's working properly as I can't find ANY available exchanges! If anyone else manages to get any further I'd be interested to hear.

The site is a bit unstable too and can often crash :sad2:

Well... yesterday I tried again and I got in!! :)

they didn't have anything available at the first dates I tried and then I accidentaly shut down the window and...

I couldn't get in again.... :(

I got in allright today and played with it for a while, could go to Maderia, the Algarve or Tenerife next week ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter