Anyone have AAA & know about AAA Discounts?

Spoisal

DIS Veteran
I have AAA. I know I can get "room" discounts at the resorts, but what other discounts are available to me? Dinner shows, restaurants, shopping?

Not much. :(

You can get about a 5% discount on certain Park Hopper passes purchased through your local AAA office. Different AAA districts carry different Hoppers (none carry the full range, apparently).

If you buy a Hopper or a package vacation (which is usually too expensive to be worth it) at your AAA office they'll give you a Diamond Parking pass that allows you to park in a "special" parking area at WDW theme parks (you still have to pay the parking fee, if applicable). Also, if you buy a package they should give you a pass to the AAA lounge at the Magic Kingdom where you can get one free soft drink for each person in your party, one time.

That's it, as far as I know.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

If you are going to Universal at all, you get 10% off all food and merchandise purchased within the parks. You also get 3rd day free with the purchase of a 2-day Universal Escape pass.

AAA is good to get your traveler cheques for free, tour books, maps, road service, etc. When it comes to traveling to Disney, there's not much that they offer.

You can save more doing your own thing, rather than with their assistance.

Also, most people don't know that you don't need a membership to use their travel agents. I booked with them the first time we traveled to Disney and the experience was not very positive. They put me in a motel, rather than the hotel they showed me in a picture, said nothing about how the transportation to and from the parks off site really slacks off, gave me vouchers - not the real tickets, I had to stand in lines at Mears and Disney (as if I was purchasing the tickets for the first time anyway), did not seat us in the flight-I had to do that myself at check-in and ended up in the plane's tail, just to be able to stay by my two children.

Once I go to the parks, it was a blast but they did not help as much as I expected them to.

Wanda

Also, if you plan on going to Seaworld while in Orlando and purchase your tickets from AAA, you will get a second-day free when you turn in your ticket at Seaworld.

AAA is really worth it IF you use their other stuff, like emergency road service, travellers checks, maps, etc. I had an AAA discounted room booked originally, but a better discount came out & I grabbed that. I use AAA a lot around home, and did use it to buy park hopper passes before we got APs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter