Anyone here been to Spoodles with kids on DDP?

ngtotd_dtrt

You just tell my ma...she'll wail the daylights ou
The kids dinner menu on allears lists appetizers and dessets ( http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/men_spkl.htm ). Some of these items (incl. the entree) are a bit pricey...anyone here have experience with ordering a Spoodles appetizer/entree/dessert on the dining plan for kids under age 10?

Thanks!

We went last year during the free dining promotion and used 1 children's TS for the 2 boys. Our younger one got the flatbread children's appetizer and the older one got the burger entree (actually 3 little burgers). They got a cookies and ice cream dessert. One of them doesn't like ice cream one doesn't like cookies so it worked out perfectly. The kids left full and both enjoyed their meal. Actually we had a tremendous waitress - our older son dropped one of his burgers on the ground and absolutely flipped out (as kids do). She came over and we asked if we could have a replacement burger and we would pay for it - she brought him a whole new plate of burgers and didn't charge us. It was totally not expected and greatly appreciated. Needless to say she got an amazing tip. Both my husband and I loved our food. It is the only restaurant that I am debating the wisdom of "all new choices" for this year's trip.

Is their flatbread a "true" flat bread or more of a pizza-type concoction?
BuzzAndWoodyBoy said:
We went last year during the free dining promotion and used 1 children's TS for the 2 boys. Our younger one got the flatbread children's appetizer and the older one got the burger entree (actually 3 little burgers). They got a cookies and ice cream dessert. One of them doesn't like ice cream one doesn't like cookies so it worked out perfectly. The kids left full and both enjoyed their meal. Actually we had a tremendous waitress - our older son dropped one of his burgers on the ground and absolutely flipped out (as kids do). She came over and we asked if we could have a replacement burger and we would pay for it - she brought him a whole new plate of burgers and didn't charge us. It was totally not expected and greatly appreciated. Needless to say she got an amazing tip. Both my husband and I loved our food. It is the only restaurant that I am debating the wisdom of "all new choices" for this year's trip.

My 4 year old thought it was pizza. Honestly, I can't remember if it had sauce or not but he really liked it and it was the size of a tortilla. We like thin crust pizza so that's all they have ever had. Just for the record the boys will not eat any frozen pizzas - they think they are yucky. So it was definately better than that. I took a bite of it and it was good.

BuzzAndWoodyBoy said:
We went last year...

Thanks for the info!! With all that food, our boys will probably split a meal too.

btw, what are your 'all new choices' this year...just curious. :)

(we're trying Kona...twice, based on dis-board coments!...and Spoodles for the first time...maybe Chefs de France. And re-doing 'Ohana, 1900PF dinner, Chef Mickey's breakfast (thought I'd escaped that, but DD turing 10 insisted that be her b-day breakfast), 50sPT, and Le Cellier. Edged out many of our favorites...Boma, 1900PF-breakfast, Sci-Fi, Biergarten, Cape May, Whis.Canyon). Choices, choices, choices... )

Help, I went to WDW on the free dining plan and I can't get up... :rotfl2:

This year we are doing:
Coral Reef - the boys adore aquariums so they'll love this
Wolfgang Pucks - liked the Express last year so thought we would try the restaurant
Marakesh - recomended highly by a friend
Biergarten - husbands choice
Raglan Road - Guiness - nuf said
Crystal Palace breakfast - if we have saved enough credits, lets us in the park early.

Last year we did - in order of preference:
Spoodles
Boma
Le Cellier - very good, would do again
Crystal Palace for both breakfast (very good) and dinner (only ok)
Chef Mickey's dinner - for 5 yr old birthday, will never do again. The boys had fun but not enough to eat there again
Donald's breakfast - truly horrible food for me - everyone else had fun but somehow I got cold food and the line was long. I missed the characters interacting with the kids.

As you can tell we are not doing as many buffets this year. I had chosen them last year thinking the kids would get lots of fresh fruit but the fruit options were just not as good as I had hoped. The boys thought the characters were cool but when I ask them what their favorite part of Disney was they never say the characters so I'm skipping the buffets in favor of better food for the grownups.

One of the best values for a kid and a lot of genuine choice.

The strip steak was really good and the sundae came out on an artist Palate.

I forget the whys and hows but ours ended up with the 4 cheese flatbread off the adult's menu for his appetizer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter