Anyone in Disneyland or Laguna Beach now - week of 5/1/06?

Minnie824

DIS Veteran
We're thinking of going to Disneyland and Laguna Beach next year...leaving this past Sat, 4/29 or waiting 2 weeks til mid May. If anyone is there now, or lives in the area, can you tell me about crowds and weather? Thanks!

I ate dinner overlooking the ocean at Laguna Beach on Saturday night. I wore shorts but about an hour before sunset the onshore breeze picked up and it was a little cool. The weather is usually beautiful this time of year. We just returned from WDW last week. It was much warmer and more humid in Florida than in California.

It's very nice here right now. The weather is in the high 70's to mid 80's cooling off a bit at nite. It's been sunny and beautiful. As for the crowds at Disneyland I went last week and the crowds were fine. Completely manageable and I expect they are the same this week unless there is some event I don't know about.

I am about 45 min. from Disneyland, and April/May is my favorite time to go. The weather is beautiful this time of year, hardly goes above 80 degrees, and perfect for strolling around Disneyland. Also, it's after spring break, and before summer break. A lot of the schools have testing/finals, so people are less likely to take their kids out of school.

We just went to Disneyland last week and were able to just walk on a lot of the rides. There is always times where you have to wait in line, esp. for the more popular rides, but it's not nearly as bad as it is in the summer. We went on a Sunday!

Great, thanks for all the replies! I think we'd like to plan this time next year. And, next year, Easter is a week earlier, so, hopefully even less chance of spring/easter breaks.

I live about 30 minutes from DL and it rained last night and has been cool and dreary all day. This is such an unpredictable time of year! I am going to DL tonight for a while after work, so I will give you a report!

Just got back and the crowds were non-existant! Longest line was 15 minutes for Indy and Space Mountain! The new Haunted Mansion effects were working today and they are GREAT!!!

We went in the park Tues (5/1) and today. There are no crowds! Most rides are walk ons or 10-15 min waits (for popular ones). It's been great. I went this week because it was just after the "Play at kids price" promotion ended. That, combined with the timing (far enough removed from spring break but before grad nights) make it a great time to go.

The weather is cool (68) and overcast, but that has made it very pleasant! I was here last April and it was in the mid 80's, so weather can be unpredictable. But it is usually pleasant.

This time of year is usually fairly quiet at DLR. It's been busier this year because of the 50th, but next year should be back to normal.

The weather is unpredictable this time of year. It can be 60 degrees and raining one day and sunny and 80 the next.

Also, even if it's not warm, Laguna Beach is always beautiful. We go down to walk in the sand all year. And there are lots of little shops, art galleries and restaurants to visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter