Anyone know where Thrifty Icecream is in SD?

kkmcan

Official Mouse Fan
We are headed there in about a week and would love to go to Thrifty Icecream. Haven't had this since I was a kid when we had them here in Arizona. Anyone know where we can find one of these?

TIA<
Kelly

I don't know about Thrifty, but we did find a Farrells! It was in the miramar area, I can find out where specifically if you want that info.

darren

Thrifty as in Thrifty Drug Store? The stores in L.A. closed years ago. But, RiteAid carries Thrifty ice cream, and some stores have an ice cream counter.

Woody

Only RiteAid stores down here ... As Woody said, some have it in the freezer section and/or counter service by the entrance

Yeah, I too am a Thrifty ice cream fan.... I'm a Thrifty Butter Pecan guy myself!

As mentioned by the previous posters the Thrifty brand is carried in the RiteAid stores. The Thrifty pharmacies were all bought (or possibly renamed) to RiteAid years ago but the Thrifty brand ice cream and formula has remained the same.

Here a link to the RiteAid store locator:
http://www.riteaid.com/stores/locator/

Good luck to ya and welcome to SD!

Hey Ktulu, since you mentioned Farrell's...it just closed for good - on the news tonight was a segment on the auction they had today to sell off all of that cool old-time stuff...

Laura

There was a Farrell's near us -- we're sad it closed.

Woody

My all-time favorite is the Thrifty chocolate chip! I've had tons of other brands but nothing compares to the cheap fluffy flat-topped version I had as a kid from Thrifty's. I'll be sure to check rite-aid!

Yum. Mint chip and Cookies and Cream :thumbsup2

All the Rite Aids up here, both the old Thriftys stores and newer stores, carry the Thrifys ice cream. Not sure if it's the same down there.

And we've still got a farrells up here in Santa Clarita :thumbsup2 Probably not as cool as an original....but the kids go to Bday parties there all the time and it's a fun time :)

They are in Rite Aid Stores. If I recall correctly, Rite Aid acquired Thrifty's. The ice cream stayed.

Never heard of Thrifty Ice Cream. I'll have to keep an eye our for it the next time I'm at Rite Aid. Would you fans say it is worth making a trip to a Rite Aid just for it?

There is still a Farrell's in Valencia (or Santa Clarita as its sometimes called). Its part of an entertainment center. They have mini golf, go carts, arcade, etc. The Farrells there is pretty good.

A couple of Rite Aids in Ventura County still have the Thrifty Ice Cream counters, which are fun. We love pistachio.

Thrifty's is Rite Aid (they got bought out/taken over). Same ice cream though. :thumbsup2 My favorite is the pistashio icecream and the chocolate malted crunch together. I've never found any match (even Cold Stone) to Thrifty's brand....that's how good it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter