• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone not impressed with pre trip package?

JAZBO2

Earning My Ears
The wife stopped and picked up our package at the travel agaent. It had been sitting under her desk for a few days. Opened it at home and found the backpacks. They are OK, but have an oily smell to them. Did anyone elses have thia oily smell? There was a CARDBOARD memory box,and then a couple hand grips for the luggage. A cardboard countdown calendar, that is OK, I guess. Lastly was our book, that outlines the trip, but it's the "family" trip itinerary. I would have thought it would desribe the "adults only" trip.
***Germany Adults only trip***:confused3

That's too bad that you didn't get that ''excited" feeling upon receiving your box. I know when we received ours, we were happy that the trip we had been talking about for so long was finally a reality and getting near. Our backpacks did have a bit of a smell, but I put them outside in the fresh air for a day, and then sprayed them with Febreze, and then they were fine. You wouldn't get a separate itinerary from the regular one, because the activities are exactly the same on an adults-only trip...they just don't do the jr. adventurers activities...I really think ABD needs to clarify that fact, because many people expect that there will be a difference in itinerary...really the only difference is no kids. Anyhow, hopefully you won't be too disappointed with your stuff, and you will have a wonderful trip...enjoy!!

We loved our pre-trip package. It meant our trip was that much closer :goodvibes.

Backpacks
We used our back packs on our recent trip. I found them very sturdy and the vinyl bottoms made me not worry about putting it on the ground. Lots of pockets and places to put your water bottles and goodies. The smell does dissipate.

Booklet
As for the booklet - you will be getting a more detailed one on your trip. We received ours on welcome night. It may be a bit more personalized to your trip.

Enjoy the moment. Your going to be embarking on a wonderful adventure!!

TK

As someone else said, we received our package and then we knew that our trip was still on and it's getting closer. Febreeze (lightly) the backpack and hang it outside. This will be our 1st ABD trip (Hollywood & Backstage Magic - 09/22/09).

Just like the others, I loved my pre-trip package! Especially since it contained a cool backpack & not the useless messenger bag I got last year! ;)

It just makes it real that the trip is coming up, and I'm really going. And I *LOVE* the count-down calendar. I have it on my bulletin board at work, and have happily been crossing off the days...

I guess I'm curious as to what you were actually expecting, because ABD is the first tour company that has sent me *anything* pre-trip.

Sayhello

I really like the size and design of the backpack too. We went to WDW right after I received my pre-trip package, so I used the backpack for that trip. And then I used it in Alaska. But by the third day in Alaska, the stictching started to unravel and it's now falling apart. I didn't have it over stuffed either. So, I must have gotten a dud. I have the useless messenger bag too. I haven't been able to figure out what the "memory box" is for, other than just holding the documents they send. I usually leave it lying around the house for a few days and then I throw it in the trash. If anybody figures out a good use for the box, let me know. :)

You do make me feel better about it. I think it was just hyped up in my mind more than what it is. The backpacks are fine (the smell was much less this morning). The handgrips will get used. Hopefully, an more detailed itinerary will happen once we get there. I was just thinking that the Adults only trip might have a differnt "side trip" other than the pretzel making, or the Teddy Bear shop. Those items seemed more directed at the kids.:yay:

You do make me feel better about it. I think it was just hyped up in my mind more than what it is. The backpacks are fine (the smell was much less this morning). The handgrips will get used. Hopefully, an more detailed itinerary will happen once we get there. I was just thinking that the Adults only trip might have a differnt "side trip" other than the pretzel making, or the Teddy Bear shop. Those items seemed more directed at the kids.:yay:
You *will* get a more detailed itinerary when you get there, with meeting times, luggage-out-by times, etc. If I remember correctly, it was in my room when I got there. They *may* change some of the things around, but they'll tell you all that at your welcome dinner. It's all good!

Sayhello

Just like the others, I loved my pre-trip package! Especially since it contained a cool backpack & not the useless messenger bag I got last year! ;)

It just makes it real that the trip is coming up, and I'm really going. And I *LOVE* the count-down calendar. I have it on my bulletin board at work, and have happily been crossing off the days...

I guess I'm curious as to what you were actually expecting, because ABD is the first tour company that has sent me *anything* pre-trip.

Sayhello

I use the messenger bag for the second time. It has been lugged around China and now Ireland. Many of our fellow travelers had to have the new backpacks replaced during the trip. The most helpful item was the luggage spotter. Disney did send the wrong count down calendar but after a brief phone call the new one was rush delievered to us!

The flat, black, piece of rubber, with the holes in it that was inside the Memories Box. I say it for holding your personal collection of Disney pins. My wife says I'm wrong! Am I?:sad2:

DIDN'T GET THE FLAT RUBBER THING :confused3 BUT WE WERE VERY EXCITED WHEN WE GOT ARE BOX :banana: BY THE SECOND DAY MY WIFES BAG WAS STARTING TO RIP AND BY THE END OF THE TRIP IT WAS WORTHLESS WE JUST THRU IT AWAY.BUT ARE WONDERFUL GUIDES WANTED TO REPLACE IT AND WE TOLD THEM NOT TO AS WE HAD ONE AT HOME WE DIN'T BRING WITH BECAUSE I BROUGHT MY CAMERA BAG INSTEAD.MEMORY BOX IS KIND OF A WASTE BUT WE DID USE THE COUNTDOWN CALENDAR.I'M WILLING TO BET AS THE DAY GET CLOSER YOU WILL BE EXCITED HAY AT LEAST YOU KNOW YOUR TRIP IS A GO :cool1:HAVE FUN

The flat, black, piece of rubber, with the holes in it that was inside the Memories Box. I say it for holding your personal collection of Disney pins. My wife says I'm wrong! Am I?:sad2:

only 1 way 2 find out:goodvibes - as I am calling ABD Friday.

but yes, I also chime in and say the "Know before you go" pre-vacation box sigifies to me that the trip is a go. Yes, it is simple in nature but what is represents is the start of an adventure of a lifetime:woohoo:.

I am very much excited about my trip and can't wait 4 it 2 begin:yay:.

I looked at it laye last night, and it is not rubber, or foam at all. It's just good old cardboard, just like the memories box..... It's about 4 by 6 inches, with 9 pre-punched holes in it......

Our "memory box" was crushed, just like the big box everything came in. Well, what would we expect for cardboard. I though of notifying Disney, but then thought "Why bother? How valuable is the 'memory box' anwyay?"

I guess my disappointment was that things arrived not totally in perfect shape, and then they just didn't seem worth getting replaced.

Other than that, I was excited just to be confirmed that ABD probably won't cancel the trip due to lack of participation!!

I looked at it laye last night, and it is not rubber, or foam at all. It's just good old cardboard, just like the memories box..... It's about 4 by 6 inches, with 9 pre-punched holes in it......
You know, I never thought about it being for the pins, but you could totally be right. I thought it was odd, having this random piece of cardboard with holes punched in it...

Personally, I have my pins on my lanyard hanging on the wall...

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter