Anyone own BCV AND BWV??

ebenmax

DIS Veteran
We simply cannot decide which of these two resorts is most appealing to us and we KNOW we want to do an add-on at least at one of them. But my mind cannot seem to choose just one. So, what I was wondering was if anyone owns at both of them and if there is any advantage to owning both.

What I guess I mean is how do you utilize both of them but in different ways?

Would it be "worth" buying points at both? :confused3

TIA

Ellen

I own both and I think many on this board do as well. I like BCV in May or a warm month to take advantage of SAB. But I love BWV and like to stay there any time of year, always either bw view or standard. So having the 11 month window there is needed for me. I am glad I own at BCV though because sometimes it can be hard to get a room there especially as DVC grows.

I agree with the above comments 110% ::yes::

Some added comments: we like the fact that you can get to restaurants with out going out in the rain at BCV, but like the extra dinning available at BWV. I normally book BCV for our May trips and BWV for F&W or the first week of Dec. We normally book either standard or BW view since we can book at our 11 mo window.

The only wish I have for the BWV is that they would add an easier way to get quick service food. I LOVE :love: the BC Marketplace! It is a wonderful addition to a great resort.

So, yes, we use both in different ways. We bought our BWV while they were selling BWV and then added BCV when they started selling BCV because I was used to hopping to the BC pool and did not want to give that up:thumbsup2

Good luck with your add on decision!

We own at BCV but have stayed at BWVs more than any other place. We love it there. The entertainment at night is fun. The little shops are nice to visit, and we love the walk to MGM (you can walk to MGM from BCVs, but it seems much further).

The only plus is the standard view points. I always try for those, but they seem to go fast. If you own there you get to book those before others have a chance.

I pool at BCVs is very nice, but it is also very big and can get crowded. It seems more relaxing at the BWVs pool. I can see my kids and we haven't had problems getting a chair like we have at BCVs.

DJ

I would say BCV because of SB -- it really is like a mini-waterpark, and best of all it's free with your stay! :thumbsup2

BWV is nice, too. There are lots of bakeries, restaurants, and clubs, but even staying at BCV you can enjoy those, too. It just depends on your style. Good luck on choosing! :)

We own at BCV and BWV and here's how we use them: We book BCV in the summer and take a large family group - grateful for the BCV points because we need the 2BR 2Q rooms and love SAB in the summer. We book BWV in March and November just for DH and me - grateful for BWV points for those Standard view rooms!

We couldn't be happier with the mix of the two resorts - by alternating we feel like we miss each resort terribly by the time each trip comes around. Of course we feel that way about every WDW trip so just call us crazy!

Good luck with your decision - DVC was the best thing we ever did.

We own both. I have just bought BC, and made my first reservations a few weeks ago. I bought BWV's because I wanted Boardwalk view. I call early enough to get it. The restaurants are great all along the Boardwalk.

I own at both... I love both resorts but I love the Beach Club more because I just think it's a nicer, quieter place in the evenings. You can't go wrong with SAB.

It is interesting that for me, home resort means very little, since I can only really plan my trips about 4 months ahead of time. So, I rarely get my home resort. That last 4 times I've been to WDW I stayed at OKW and loved it!

We own both. We usually use the BCV for the October trip so we can get to the F&W Festival a little easier plus it's warmer for SAB. We use the BWV for all other trips. Owning both is very nice. We love being close to two parks and we love the theming of each resort.

HBC

We own both. We had BCV originally and added BWV last year to get the 11 mo. advantage for Boardwalk view. Both resorts are very nice and we love the location near Epcot and MGM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter