Anyone planning a trip for sept-nov 2014?

Babysaurs

Mouseketeer
Not sure if there is already a thread or not?
It could be a bit early but im excited and planning already, not sure of exact dates yet depends when we can get the best priced flights:)
Anyone else?:)

ME :wave2: never to early to start planning, i've been planning for 6 months already :rotfl2: we are going on a combined DCL & the Disneyland group trip

We are thinking about planning a Disneyland trip for late Sept next year, does that count? We still haven't made our minds up if we can afford it, with 4 kids, I'm struggling with accommodation mostly - I'm guessing I need two rooms?

Nessa what is DCL?
Newkie we are a bit like that but ive looked into rough costs of things and as long as can get the right price flights think it can defiantly happen:)
There is a place called Park Vue across from DL and has a room with 3 queens in it I just looked at and wasn't badly priced for 1 week:)
Only been planning for about 2 weeks now but im obsessed lol!

We are thinking about planning a Disneyland trip for late Sept next year, does that count? We still haven't made our minds up if we can afford it, with 4 kids, I'm struggling with accommodation mostly - I'm guessing I need two rooms?

Absolutely counts :thumbsup2 If your flexible about your accommodation and don’t have your heart set on a Disney property there are some nice, clean and cheaper options that may work for you.

I know that Camelot Inn (next to McDonalds) and Desert Inn & Suites both used to have family suites that slept 6. That said it kind of depends on the age of the kids as well as they may not want to sleep in double beds or you may want the extra room anyway.

If you did want 2 rooms perhaps a have a look at HoJo or Desert Inn & Suites as well

Nessa what is DCL?
Newkie we are a bit like that but ive looked into rough costs of things and as long as can get the right price flights think it can defiantly happen:)
There is a place called Park Vue across from DL and has a room with 3 queens in it I just looked at and wasn't badly priced for 1 week:)

Disney Cruise Line :thumbsup2

Never too late we are going end of November and we planned it August 2012 and booked it in January lol.

Me me me!!!

End of November (well, it may be 1st December when we first hit Disneyland as we will be doing NYC first). I'm spending far too much time researching everything! And I mean everything! Has anyone else started planning what souvenirs to buy for their co-workers? :lmao:

Unfortunately though, I can't book anything just yet - the trip is a surprise (that will be revealed this Christmas) and I want a lot of stuff to be planned as a family, plus my travel agent (aka my aunt) is going through a bit of a tough time at the moment, so I don't want to pester her with queries about a trip that's over 14 months away.

I'm planning for December 2014!

First family overseas trip too so its all a little scary, but I'm sure I'll figure it out :scared:

We're a family of 5 and I think I'd prefer a 1 bedroom suite which I know is going to limit our accommodation choices quite a bit. Trying to figure out if we can swing staying on property....... my one and only trip to disneyland was 23 years ago, we stayed at hojo's and I remember the pools there were awesome BUT when I saw DLH I wished we had stayed there and swore if I ever went back DLH would be the place to stay! Might need to win lotto though :rotfl:

Absolutely counts :thumbsup2 If your flexible about your accommodation and don’t have your heart set on a Disney property there are some nice, clean and cheaper options that may work for you.

I know that Camelot Inn (next to McDonalds) and Desert Inn & Suites both used to have family suites that slept 6. That said it kind of depends on the age of the kids as well as they may not want to sleep in double beds or you may want the extra room anyway.

If you did want 2 rooms perhaps a have a look at HoJo or Desert Inn & Suites as well

Disney Cruise Line :thumbsup2

Of course lol:)
Have you booked your cruise? We have looked at doing both too, but just concerned I won't have much flexibility for cheap flights once its booked.

How many are planning their first trip? This will be all our ours first Disney trip so very excited!

Funnily enough we are actually going away next tues for our first overseas family holiday (Phuket and Singapore) so I should be planning that really lol. It was ment to be a Hong Kong Disney trip but turned out dates we wanted to go was a big week long holiday there so changed destination.
Think I got too excited about a Disney trip and now can't stop thinking about it:)
Figured if we are going to go we may as well do it properly and at least go to the USA for a bigger experience:)
I keep seeing great flight prices for may/ June I wish they start coming out for later in the year, may is a bit to early need more time to save $ :)

I am also planning my first trip in Oct 2014. I hope to take along with me my parents as a thank you gift.

We're planning our third family WDW, DCL and DL trip.

:banana:

Already far too excited!

Of course lol:)
Have you booked your cruise? We have looked at doing both too, but just concerned I won't have much flexibility for cheap flights once its booked.

We sure have :cool1: we have booked a 7 night Alaskan cruise, then plan to stay onboard and sail b2b for the 4 night repositioning cruise from Vancouver to San Diego.
We then plan to spend 7 -10 days in DL. Being a group trip I have set it out into 3 distinct legs so people can easily join or depart if they don’t want to participate in the whole trip.

I’ve found as long as I plan well in advance we can normally get flights at a decent price, but unfortunately I don’t think they are ever going to be as cheap as they were a few years back when you could fly SYD-LA for $999 so I budget at the mid-price ($1400 Syd-LA) and so far have done a little better each time.

How many are planning their first trip? This will be all our ours first Disney trip so very excited!

It’s not our first trip but planning each trip is just as exciting, that never goes away :lmao:

Nessa what is DCL?
Thanks for the heads up on that, I found HoJo's and didn't look any further, but I really need to expand my search.

This will be my second trip to DL, but I was only 11 when I went with my family. This is the first trip for my kids and DH though, I hope we can get our finances sorted so I really can start planning properly :thumbsup2

Thanks for the heads up on that, I found HoJo's and didn't look any further, but I really need to expand my search.

Same here that was the first one I found too, since I come across others I like too and the dream is always to stay onsite, wish they included breakfast!

Me me me!! Our first family trip to Disneyland, San Diego, San Fran, Las Vegas and Honolulu. Very excited been planning for a very long time. Trying to book in Sep 14. Anyone know when the best flights for this time come out?

Newkie - We're staying at the best western park place in and suites for 5 nights when we go. I'll let you know what it's like. The suites at the carousel inn look gorgeous but were a bit more expensive and we wanted cheap for the first 5 nights because we're switching to a disneyland hotel after that.

I am! Going for the Disneyland Half Marathon weekend (AKA Labor Day weekend, or the last weekend in August) with my parents and possibly DH. I've been planning for over a year already, so it's getting exciting now that I can actually start making some bookings. Ready to pounce on flights whenever there's a good special.

The tentative plan at this stage is to spend just the weekend for the run, then go and explore some more of California on a road trip, then be back at DLR in time for my birthday, and hopefully catch the very beginning of Halloween time :thumbsup2

I believe my parents are planning to stay on and visit the east coast of Canada before returning home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter