Anyone still use a Bundt Pan???

It's A Happy Day

<font color=darkorchid>I am on a troll<br><font co
I just made a chocolate bundt cake :stir: and was wondering if anyone else still uses their Bundt pans or are they collecting dust in the cupboard(s)? You never really see them served anymore....

I also use my bundt pan all the time...prefer it much better, I think the cake is moister.

I've got the Pampered Chef fluted pan (or whatever its called) and I use it to make a trpoical fruit Christmas cake - but I didn't make it this year. I'd love the chocolate recipe as I only have about 3 for it (I also make a honey and poppyseed cake)

are you kidding?? bundts are the quickest and easiest! especially the liqueur ones... :thumbsup2

I make Black Russian cakes, cream sherry cakes, midori cakes...the list goes on and on!

I like the Nordicware ones with different designs, too. If I can find them on clearance, I want the christmas tree bundt, wreath bundt, holiday mini bundt...:rotfl:

I LOVE my Bundt pan. I have made two Bundt cakes in the last week - a lemon poppyseed cake and a mint chocolate chip swirl cake. I also have a tube pan that I use to make angel food cakes all of the time.

I LOVE them!

WHY AM I MISSING OUT???!!!!!!????

We don't really have bundt over here, hence I only have 3 recipes for my PC Stoneware fluted pan (cos working out quantities is WAAAAY difficult when most UK recipes are for 8" round or square)

Please either PM me your favourite recipes or someone start a bundt thread so we can all enjoy!

Bang goes my diet :rolleyes1

are you kidding?? bundts are the quickest and easiest! especially the liqueur ones... :thumbsup2

I make Black Russian cakes, cream sherry cakes, midori cakes...the list goes on and on!

I like the Nordicware ones with different designs, too. If I can find them on clearance, I want the christmas tree bundt, wreath bundt, holiday mini bundt...:rotfl:

I love making bundt cakes too! Much easier and more moist than layer ones, in my op. BUT...I recently purchased a couple Nordicware bundt type pans but when I bake with them, the cakes come out too done around the edges, almost burnt with the centers still undone. They are darker pans. Do you have this prob? Do you use diff temps when you use these pans? Thanks so much...
Julianne (k's mom)
POR Dec '06 and now in withdrawl...:

I love making bundt cakes too! Much easier and more moist than layer ones, in my op. BUT...I recently purchased a couple Nordicware bundt type pans but when I bake with them, the cakes come out too done around the edges, almost burnt with the centers still undone. They are darker pans. Do you have this prob? Do you use diff temps when you use these pans? Thanks so much...
Julianne (k's mom)

I have this problem too. Next time I'm going to lower the temp and bake for longer...

Thanks for responding, Dear!!
I'll try to make one this wk in my Nordicware with a lower temp--I'll post my results when I do. ;)
Julianne

I love bundt cakes. I like to make lemon cake and glaze it with lemon juice and powdered sugar. Yum.

Use mine regularly - I prefer it with the Bacardi nut and rum cake recipe made in it!

Also, it makes really pretty ice rings. Put some fruit in the bottom and fill it with filtered water (generally just enough to cover the fruit). Place it flat in the freezer and let it go! To get the ice out, just run some hot water in the sink and place the pan in it to loosen the ice.

Julianne (k's mom)

Lower the temp by 25 degrees. You may need to add extra time but the cake will not burn.

I love my bundt pans and use them often. I like to make pound cakes and use a drizzle on them.

::yes::, I love to make poppyseed and rum cakes using my bundt pans.
I also make a yummy chocolate cake using it.

::yes::, I love to make poppyseed and rum cakes using my bundt pans.
I also make a yummy chocolate cake using it.

Hey Patsy!

Care to share your recipe for poppyseed cake. DH swore he liked lemon poppyseed so I made him one and now he swears its just plain ol' poppyseed that floats his boat. :upsidedow I would love a good recipe for one!

Why can't we get fun tins like that here!!!:confused3

Makes my PC one look really boring:mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter