• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone used Motioneaze?

SCPixie

Mouseketeer
I just read about this online. It's a natural motion sickness medicine that is supposed to work within 10 minutes of application.

If you have used it:
1) does it really work?
2) how often do you have to apply the oil?
3) does it have a smell? (I have severe allergies)

I'm worried about my DD 10, who suffers from motion sickness. I've already purchased a SeaBand for her, but I feel she will get annoyed with it when it gets wet. When she gets wet in the Aquaduck, etc. is my only option for her Dramamine? That makes her sooooooo sleepy.

Thanks!

I just read about this online. It's a natural motion sickness medicine that is supposed to work within 10 minutes of application.

If you have used it:
1) does it really work?

I'm worried about my DD 10, who suffers from motion sickness. I've already purchased a SeaBand for her, but I feel she will get annoyed with it when it gets wet. When she gets wet in the Aquaduck, etc. is my only option for her Dramamine? That makes her sooooooo sleepy.

Thanks!
I purchased it and used it initially on my first cruise. Can't tell you if if really works or not, as it turns out I don't need anything. To me it smelled a bit like eucalyptus (not heavily, just a hint).

Bonine is the non-drowsy equivalent of Dramamine. Have you tried that?

If you have used it:
1) does it really work?

Thanks!
We love it and it has worked in some very bad seas!

We tend to put a drop on right when we board and on our way to dinner.

Can be reapplied when ever without harm.

Only cost $5-10 so please try it.

We have used it on 6 cruises started when DD was 3.

I use it every day of my life! I have severe motion sickness, so I put a little dab behind both ears every day. It has really worked wonders for me and it's the only thing that doesn't make me drowsy. It does have a slight lavender smell, but it doesn't bother me at all, and it goes away after about 30 seconds.

If you have used it:
1) does it really work?

Thanks!
We use it and I think it helps. I put a drop behind each ear once a day when we expect or are experiencing rough waters. My wife uses more. It does have a smell, and my daughter doesn't like to use it for that reason.

If you have used it:
1) does it really work?

Thanks!
According to the website: "What are the ingredients?
Motioneaze .... is made from a proprietary Botanical Oil Blend [Lavender, Peppermint, Frankincense, Chamomile, Myrrh, Ylang-Ylang and Birch]."

Thank you so much for all of the helpful replies! I'm going to purchase this, along with SeaBands.

I have used Motionease for years. I use it not only behind my ears, but also on my wrists. I love the smell, and so does my husband. He calls it my sea sickness perfume. I consider myself the queen of sea sickness and use motionease along with ginger capsules, ginger gum, and Bonnine. These fab 4 ingredients have kept me seasick-less for the past 6 years.

I used it, in conjunction with Bonine, on one cruise and did well. I would not trust it to work on its own on a ship (if you are motion sensitive like me.) I have used it alone or just smelled it on a plane and it seemed to help, but that sickness was more nerves than motion. It definitely does have a smell. I find it calming and spa-like, but i certainly wouldn't plan on using another perfume or cologne at the same time.

My sons use it in combination with Bonine for car sickness and when we fly. Seems to work well for them. Definitely has a smell. But like an herbal type smell--not sweet or flowery like perfume. They only use it once before a trip and seem to do okay for the day.

Just a little extra insurance.

This.

Had been using Bonine and then it didn't seem to be quite as effective anymore. Still helping but not 100%. Added the Motioneaze to it and that seemed to do the trick so just continued with both.

Don't know if both are necessary but since only one is medicine and the other completely natural, don't see harm in using both.

I tried it once, but the smell bothered me, so I washed it off. Since that time I use Bonine starting the day before I board, and the first day, then switch to ginger capsules.

We are divers and I always use Bonine on dive boats, which tend to be small and can be very choppy. The key to start taking it the night before to get it in your system then take it every morning and you should be good to go. I doesn't make you sleepy and works well. I've been on 6 foot seas in a little 10 person dive boat and not had a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter