• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone using Uber to hotel instead of mears

Kingdome8

DIS Veteran
Was thinking of using mears. Figured 255 for 5 of us round trip. But have been just thinking of taking an Uber. I’ve been watching every Saturday morning and rates each way show approx 48$ for uber xl. I know summer may be more but have been watching. Only worry is will need 2 Uber’s since have 5 people and luggage. Any just do Uber and was it easy and faster?

I don't have any Uber experience to give but we have a trip coming up in September and I have been looking a different options. I have also been thinking about Uber but recently I started looking into Tiffany Town Car. They have a mini van that says it will do 5 people/6 suitcases for $175 round trip to WDW resorts. That can also include a 20 minute stop at Publix. So far that's what I'm leaning towards.

Yes, do it all the time. Uber XL typically gets 5 of us easily with luggage. Usually pay $45-55ish (before tip). LOVE it so much more than mears. Saves a lot of time! Direct to hotel. Never had to wait more than 5-10mins.

awesome. Like hearing you get the luggage as well. I think Uber is the move.

Was thinking of using mears. Figured 255 for 5 of us round trip. But have been just thinking of taking an Uber. I’ve been watching every Saturday morning and rates each way show approx 48$ for uber xl. I know summer may be more but have been watching. Only worry is will need 2 Uber’s since have 5 people and luggage. Any just do Uber and was it easy and faster?
We used Uber and it was fast and easy.

Any chance Uber would include a short grocery stop?

It's unlikely an Uber would do a grocery trip, because your price is already quoted. There's no way in the app to include another stop or a wait like that. Delivery to the room is a better option.

As has been said, you can have Uber make multiple stops in the app, but the Uber won’t wait for 15 minutes while you shop. The stops are supposed to just be 1 minute, drop-off/pickup type stops.

If you don’t want to have food delivered, you could drop one parent off at the grocery store, rest of group continues to the hotel, and then that parent calls a second Uber when done shopping. Would be a little more expensive but the second ride should be much cheaper than the first (shorter distance, just need an UberX, not an XL).

Addition to above:

We called an uber to pick us up from a grocery store for one of my trips. We got a full sized sedan, thinking there would be plenty of room for groceries. Her trunk was full, with room for only a couple of small grocery bags. Nothing more. Be careful, as this can happen as well. Why someone would pick up a trip from a grocery store with no room is beyond me.

We have used an Uber several times. We have paid as low as $25.00 and as much as $60. Beware on the time you need one. I have found if it is close to park openings you will be lucky to find an Uber to take you. Later at night was hard and expensive as well. We have also used Lyft. We have found Lyft to be cheeper most times. Weird cause alot of the cars had both signs in them.

Addition to above:

We called an uber to pick us up from a grocery store for one of my trips. We got a full sized sedan, thinking there would be plenty of room for groceries. Her trunk was full, with room for only a couple of small grocery bags. Nothing more. Be careful, as this can happen as well. Why someone would pick up a trip from a grocery store with no room is beyond me.
Ugh. Not good. I use Uber all the time while travelling and locally and thankfully this is not common at all.

Chiming in on what others have written Uber and Lyft are well priced and quick

Yes, do it all the time. Uber XL typically gets 5 of us easily with luggage. Usually pay $45-55ish (before tip). LOVE it so much more than mears. Saves a lot of time! Direct to hotel. Never had to wait more than 5-10mins.
Do you order it through your app or go to an Uber stand at MCO? Which terminal is that located?

Do you order it through your app or go to an Uber stand at MCO? Which terminal is that located?
You download the Uber or Lyft app. One tip, if you are not going to use Uber or Lyft locally, wait until a day or two before your trip to register. A lot of times they offer a $10 credit towards your first ride (amount can vary). Then sign up for the other rideshare app right before you depart Disney and you may get another credit.

You download the Uber or Lyft app. One tip, if you are not going to use Uber or Lyft locally, wait until a day or two before your trip to register. A lot of times they offer a $10 credit towards your first ride (amount can vary). Then sign up for the other rideshare app right before you depart Disney and you may get another credit.
Thanks! We use both apps/services and have made use of the coupon! That’s how We have been getting around Disney the past two trips because of Disney transportation not being early enough for park opens etc.

Where do you get Uber and Lyft at MCO?

We’re driving for our next trip but would definitely say use Uber over mears! I haven’t researched it but I imagine Mears will likely also have multiple stops like magical express did and that’s so expensive to take longer to get to your resort! Do Uber/lyft, and check both apps to get the best price. I imagine XL should fit 5 and luggage.

Thanks! We use both apps/services and have made use of the coupon! That’s how We have been getting around Disney the past two trips because of Disney transportation not being early enough for park opens etc.

Where do you get Uber and Lyft at MCO?
Right outside baggage claim. Both terminals
You select the door number from the drop down list you are nearest on the app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter