Anyone who has cruised since key cards aren't given at the port? How do we get on the ship,and into our rooms?

Not sure if they asked, but if they did, I would have showed the Boarding Pass (which shows PAT) that I had loaded into Apple Wallet.
We were asked for our Boarding Pass at least four times when boarding the Magic for the recent WBPC cruise.

I have never been on a Disney cruise. From videos I watched, it looks like you get in lines outside of the terminal based on your PAT. Did you have to show the form at the terminal to prove that you are in the correct PAT line or did they just believe you?
In NYC 2 weeks ago they scrutinized the PAT form to make sure you were in the right "corral" . They had several corrals set up outside and herded people in the correct one for your PAT. Then they moved each group up as their time was called. We had an 11:15 PAT so near the front but our friends had 1:30 PAT and were told to wait in the next terminal where there was bathrooms and coffee shop. Our friends told us later that they called them early and told them they could then board at about 12:30. I was pretty sure I knew that would happen as they had Boarding Group 27 and Disney was calling numbers really quickly so I knew BG 27 would be called way before 1:30. It was then open boarding.

This is what the corral looked like. The white sign has a time on the other side.

Last edited:
In NYC 2 weeks ago they scrutinized the PAT form to make sure you were in the right "corral" . They had several corrals set up outside and herded people in the correct one for your PAT. Then they moved each group up as their time was called. We had an 11:15 PAT so near the front but our friends had 1:30 PAT and were told to wait in the next terminal where there was bathrooms and coffee shop. Our friends told us later that they called them early and told them they could then board at about 12:30. I was pretty sure I knew that would happen as they had Boarding Group 27 and Disney was calling numbers really quickly so I knew BG 27 would be called way before 1:30. It was then open boarding.

This is what the corral looked like. The white sign has a time on the other side.
We have the same circumstances with friends in NYC and our PAT times. We are 11:30 they are 1:30. We are going to split the difference and arrive around 12:30. Will we be able to board with whichever group is boarding since we will miss ours (group 5)? How was disembarkation? We normally do self assist and get off at 7:30 seamlessly but our friends don't want to carry their luggage so we will have to wait and leave when called. I'm hoping it's not horrible. It's our friends first DCL cruise as they normally sail NCL. We did NCL with them a few months ago and while the cruise was horrible, their disembarkation was simple and smooth. You basically just went when you were ready. No herding in hallways or venues. I'm hoping for the best!

We have the same circumstances with friends in NYC and our PAT times. We are 11:30 they are 1:30. We are going to split the difference and arrive around 12:30. Will we be able to board with whichever group is boarding since we will miss ours (group 5)? How was disembarkation? We normally do self assist and get off at 7:30 seamlessly but our friends don't want to carry their luggage so we will have to wait and leave when called. I'm hoping it's not horrible. It's our friends first DCL cruise as they normally sail NCL. We did NCL with them a few months ago and while the cruise was horrible, their disembarkation was simple and smooth. You basically just went when you were ready. No herding in hallways or venues. I'm hoping for the best!
You can board anytime after your group is called. So if you're group 5, you can board with group 5, 6, 7, 8, etc.. Can't speak to disembarkation as I've done express walk off my last few cruises.

About debarkation......we knew ahead of time we were doing Express Walk-off as our ride was going to pick us up at 8:15 (grandkids were going straight to school) since we debarked on a Friday. But they were handing out the character luggage tags and you had to wait until your character was called according to my other friend onboard who was not doing express walk off. We lined up at about 7:30 and they opened the doors for Express Walk off about 7:40.

But....my friend onboard texted me that they stopped the debark process as they had to move the gangway as there was a problem so I am glad we got off the ship when we did. We were home before by 8:30 am. They held up debarkation process for about 30 minutes and she said the lines were all the way down Deck 3 hallway one way and all the way past the shops the other way (2 lines). Of course that won't happen each cruise, hopefully.

MJ

Knew I had a pic somewhere of what the KTTW card envelopes looked like and here it is. They are in a very sturdy cardboard envelope.

IMG_4622.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter