Anyone within DVC ever discuss adding all incl. meal plan specifically for DVCers?

igitur

Mouseketeer
We just got back from Thanksgiving week at BCV with family members...we all had a great time! BCV was great as usual, although I was disappointed that they didn't have Christmas decorations up until Thanksgiving day. When we visited in November of 2003, the decorations were already up on Nov. 7th. Parks were fun (Animal Kingdom was packed on Monday the 21st) and we did "Soarin" at Epcot and thought it was A++++! Also, had a great Thanksgiving buffet dinner at the Yacht Club Galley.

Anyway, my mom asked me if anyone had ever discussed adding some kind of all inclusive meal plan to be served only to DVCers and guests staying at their home resorts. My parents are on a fixed income and although they did eat out sometimes and in our villa sometimes, she did feel that restaurants are very pricey (even with DDE) and she said maybe the Club might want to consider having a buffet everyday for their members that would be a bit less expensive as an alternative.

Just a thought, although I'm sure it's been considered before. Any feedback?

Deb

There are member discounts at selected restaurants. It seems like anytime DVC holds an event for members only it is pretty pricey. For example, they had a member brunch at GF, it was $50 each. Everyone is waiting word of a possible DVC dining plan at the annual DVC meetings on Wednesday.

Thanks for the update Deb...I haven't had much time lately to read many posts so I didn't realize there was the possibility of discussion about it at the upcoming meeting.

I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for updates...thank again!

Deb :earsgirl:

I think we may have to wait for the DVC Assisted Living Facility before we get meals as well as lodging.

Here is my question:

Is there anything in the works for DVC members to have something similar to the
Disney Dining Plan
that is available to other vacationing families?

We would love to at least have some kind of pre-paid meal plan to go with our
pre-paid DVC vacation.
It would be nice to have the option of an all-inclusive style vacation.

I know that you "make up" for the meal plan by charging
"rack" rates for the package deal, but DVC
members have commited to years and years of Disney vacations.

Here is their answer:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Member Services.

Every effort is being made to make that happen.

It seems that challenges are technical...the computers currently speak
different languages or do
not interface or something like that.

Success will no doubt be announced "multimedia".

Thank you for your request and patience.

Regards,

Someone on passporter said a CM told her that beginning in Jan you will be able to purchase the current dining plan. $37.99 10yrs old+,$10.95 for 3 to 9yr olds.

Erica

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter