Anyone won the DVC membership yet?

chris4disney

DIS Veteran
If I remember correctly, Disney was going to be giving away 3 DVC memberships during YOMD. Does anyone know if they've given any away yet? We are half way through this promo year so I would think so, but I haven't heard. Maybe they are waiting for us to arrive in October!! :rotfl: Oh that would be heavenly!! :cloud9: DH and I have arrgued on several occasions which prize we'd rather win... the DVC membership or night in Castle. Hands down I want the membership, he'd rather have the night in the Castle. :confused3 That's one night, as opposed to 50 years of trips!! :thumbsup2

Yeah, but you can always buy a DVC membership.. you may NEVER be able to pay for a night in the castle..although, given the choice I'm not sure what I'd choose either...

Quite a hard call for me too, and I'm a Disney granny!!
So far, no one has reported that any of the DVC memberships have been won...

Exactly! And tho my head tells me the DVC membership would be the better win, my heart tells me the castle stay is! Priceless...

You do the math....;)

Starting at the end of January 2007, three hundred and seven (307) ONE-NIGHT STAYS AT CINDERELLA CASTLE SUITE are available: AEach prize consists of a ONE-NIGHT STAY ON THE NIGHT PRIZE IS AWARDED for winner and up to five (5) guests at the Cinderella Castle Suite in the Magic Kingdom® Park. Prize includes: dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table, photos with Cinderella, VIP viewing for SpectroMagic and/or Wishes shows (subject to availability) and select snacks and non-alcoholic beverages in the room. Each winner may also be celebrated in the Magic Kingdom® Park daytime parade (at Sponsor's sole discretion). ARV of each prize: US$587.

Three (3) Membership in the Disney Vacation Club prizes are available: Membership in the Disney Vacation Club includes a Vacation Ownership leasehold condominium interest in Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa or another Disney Vacation Club resort as Sponsor shall select, represented by 220 vacation points, together with associated benefits, rights, rules, regulations, privileges and responsibilities, and payment of annual dues and exchange fees... Approximate retail value ("ARV") of each Grand Prize: US $83,701, which includes (i) the conveyance of a real estate interest in Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa or other Disney Vacation Club Resort chosen by Sponsor represented by 220 vacation points at the current membership price of US$22,220; and (ii) the payment of all annual dues (excluding any special assessments) during the time that the winner owns the real estate interest, which has an estimated value of US$35,559 (based upon the 2006 annual dues of US$3.98 per Vacation Point, escalated at 5% per year and discounted at 5.6%, the current Applicable Federal Rate, over 48 years); and (iii) any exchange fees incurred by the winner during the time that the winner owns the real estate interest, in exchanging, from time to time, the winner's vacation points for other vacation destinations, which has an estimated value of US$812 (assuming the winner exchanges vacation points every three years and a current exchange fee of US$95 escalated at 2.43% per year and discounted at 5.6%, the current Applicable Federal Rate, over 48 years); and (iv) a cash prize equal to US$25,110 to help defray payment of taxes payable as a result of winning the prize. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty that the cash portion of this prize will be sufficient to pay winner's tax liability.

You do the math....;)

Starting at the end of January 2007, three hundred and seven (307) ONE-NIGHT STAYS AT CINDERELLA CASTLE SUITE are available: AEach prize consists of a ONE-NIGHT STAY ON THE NIGHT PRIZE IS AWARDED for winner and up to five (5) guests at the Cinderella Castle Suite in the Magic Kingdom® Park. Prize includes: dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table, photos with Cinderella, VIP viewing for SpectroMagic and/or Wishes shows (subject to availability) and select snacks and non-alcoholic beverages in the room. Each winner may also be celebrated in the Magic Kingdom® Park daytime parade (at Sponsor's sole discretion). ARV of each prize: US$587.

Three (3) Membership in the Disney Vacation Club prizes are available: Membership in the Disney Vacation Club includes a Vacation Ownership leasehold condominium interest in Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa or another Disney Vacation Club resort as Sponsor shall select, represented by 220 vacation points, together with associated benefits, rights, rules, regulations, privileges and responsibilities, and payment of annual dues and exchange fees... Approximate retail value ("ARV") of each Grand Prize: US $83,701, which includes (i) the conveyance of a real estate interest in Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa or other Disney Vacation Club Resort chosen by Sponsor represented by 220 vacation points at the current membership price of US$22,220; and (ii) the payment of all annual dues (excluding any special assessments) during the time that the winner owns the real estate interest, which has an estimated value of US$35,559 (based upon the 2006 annual dues of US$3.98 per Vacation Point, escalated at 5% per year and discounted at 5.6%, the current Applicable Federal Rate, over 48 years); and (iii) any exchange fees incurred by the winner during the time that the winner owns the real estate interest, in exchanging, from time to time, the winner's vacation points for other vacation destinations, which has an estimated value of US$812 (assuming the winner exchanges vacation points every three years and a current exchange fee of US$95 escalated at 2.43% per year and discounted at 5.6%, the current Applicable Federal Rate, over 48 years); and (iv) a cash prize equal to US$25,110 to help defray payment of taxes payable as a result of winning the prize. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty that the cash portion of this prize will be sufficient to pay winner's tax liability.

Hm... I stand corrected! It would be hard to pass up the DVC contract now knowing they pay all the dues and everything! With the money I save on accomodations I may be able to afford that castle stay yet!

My dream is definetly the DVC. How great would that be? I would be happy with anything though.

Oh how I wish that I could win DVC for my 40th! Winning DVC is top of the list for me, when it comes to dream awards.

:wizard: A girl can dream.....
Maggie

I think I'd die if I won the DVC... I know for sure they'd have to pick me up off the ground when I passed out.. But the Castle stay wouldn't be bad either...

DVC HANDS DOWN. I would love love love that. Matter of fact, dh and I were dreaming of what we would do with lottery winnings or inheretance money if we every got our ship to come in. #1 on the list is purchasing DVC. #2 is a disney trip/disney cruise for our entire family....these two things come before anything else! I sure wouldn't turn down the castle either. It sure is fun to dream!

The lucky winner must be on cloud nine!! It would be so wonderful to have the DVC membership without having to pay annual dues!! Maybe a dis'er will be one of the winners!:wizard:

Heck fire. I would love to have the DVC even if I DID have to pay the annual dues. Lucky dogs!

Ooooo....save one for me in December!! That would be a dream come true! Of course, the castle stay would be great too - I would definitely pass out with either of those!!!:cool1:

I am a DVC Member, and I would take the DVC Membership...I would love to have more points...
Speaking of this, I am looking at all of the postings that are being made from all of you that say you would love to have a DVC...have you looked into it? For the amount that you have paid with all the trips I see listed in your signatures, you could have the DVC paid off...plus you get discounts on all sorts of other things, like disneyshopping.com, park tickets, annual passes, dining, souveniers, etc
Check into it...its a great investment!

I know those types of vacation clubs normally have annual fees, whether they call them maintenance fees or whatever. How much do the DVC fees run?

I know those types of vacation clubs normally have annual fees, whether they call them maintenance fees or whatever. How much do the DVC fees run?

if you win the dvc disney pay the dues for you think there offering 220 points that would cost about $22,000 to buy dues about $4.50a point so $990 a year over 48 years (think thats whats left on this dvc)$69,500,and thats without dues going up
Paulh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter