Anything could happen but I am going to Disney! An August 2023 PTR (new TR link 09/22)

I'm here and following along!

Sorry to hear about the twins possible/probably not being able to go with you. I know you were looking forward to celebrating their belated 21st with them there.

I've stayed at ASMo before, and it's not bad for a night. Relatively quiet, and it's fun to walk around and see the large displays.

I love the way they remodeled the value resort rooms. The drop down bed is a game changer for those resorts. :)

Congratulations on getting the low airfare. It seems like you have to spend a lot of time to get a decent price these days. :)

Then the Disney gods smiled upon me and released a 25% discount for summer (and 30% off August 20th through September 14th but I digress). I debated between Pop and the All Stars but All Stars won with a standard room rate of $164. Done! I settled on All Star Movies and am really looking forward to checking out all the cute theming, especially in the Toy Story section. Plus with the recent refurb, the rooms are so nice. I think I'll be very happy there.

AS Movies is the first Disney resort we stayed at so it hold a special place in my heart. I've never been lucky enough to stay in the TS section so good luck.

I also added two days to my trip as it was very inexpensive to fly back on Tuesday. And let's be real, who doesn't want more Disney time?

Fuzzy Disney Math at it's best.

I'm here and following along!

Sorry to hear about the twins possible/probably not being able to go with you. I know you were looking forward to celebrating their belated 21st with them there.

I've stayed at ASMo before, and it's not bad for a night. Relatively quiet, and it's fun to walk around and see the large displays.
Hi Alicia! So glad you are here! I am disappointed about the boys but I guess with them getting older it is harder to schedule travel around work and school commitments. Hopefully we will be able to go together another time.
I love the way they remodeled the value resort rooms. The drop down bed is a game changer for those resorts. :)

Congratulations on getting the low airfare. It seems like you have to spend a lot of time to get a decent price these days. :)
I really like the new room configurations as well. Such an effecient use of space!
AS Movies is the first Disney resort we stayed at so it hold a special place in my heart. I've never been lucky enough to stay in the TS section so good luck.
I will keep my fingers crossed but really I am happy anywhere. I think the Lovebug section looks adorable too with Herbie.
Fuzzy Disney Math at it's best.
Disney math is the best math. :goodvibes
I’m here and excited to follow along :goodvibes
Hi Moira! So happy you are here!

It's a travel app for your phone. It searches for and books hotels, cars, flights etc. I like the price calendar they show you so you can pick flights on the least expensive days. Did you see the hotel discounts Disney just dropped for the summer? Just saying....it may make tentative plans into solid plans!
Huh. Hadn't heard of the app.
Even if Disney dropped their hotel prices to zero, I wouldn't be able to go this July or August.
With DVC you can modify until 31 days before arrival with no penalty as long as there is availability.
Ah!
By taking the Saturday off the reservation and switching to OKW for the next weekend I was able to extend the trip by two nights without using any additional points.
Nice. :)
I love Disney math! See above, lol!
::yes::
I am not planning on doing the party this year as I want to try some new things.
I honestly don't think I could go to Disney when MNSSHP was running and not go. :)

Even if Disney dropped their hotel prices to zero, I wouldn't be able to go this July or August.
Hopefully when things work in your favour, there will be enticing hotel prices ready to snap up!
The idea of 10 full days in Disney to do whatever I want is just fabulous. :)
I honestly don't think I could go to Disney when MNSSHP was running and not go. :)
I really do love MNSSHP but my budget only runs so far and I really want to try Savour the Savannah this year.
We usually ALWAYS do MK but our next trip we are switching it up to EPCOT first.
I really love Epcot too....For many years it was my first park each trip. The only park lower on my list is Studios. The other three are pretty much tied for #1 with AK getting a slight edge.

I’m another who highly recommends Savor the Savannah it is so worth it and one of the best add ons at Disney I have ever done!! I loved it so much we did it twice!

Off to the parks!!

I really want to check out the oversized movie icons around the resort before heading to the parks. Especially the door to Andy's backyard! And Herbie too! With having booked a standard room it is likely that I will be in Mighty Ducks or Lovebug. So on my walk to drop off my luggage for transfer, I'll be able to check out Fantasia, Dalmations and Toy Story!

I am debating about taking an Uber/Lyft to drop my luggage off personally at WL. Or should I just ask the resort to transfer it and hop on the bus to MK? I ultimately decided on MK for my first day. Historically MNSSHP will have started by this point, we will have to see if this is a party night or not. If it is a party night, I will most likely hop to Epcot BUT if it is not I will definitely do MK in the evening to see HEA again!

MK must do's.......Tron!!!!!! I am SO excited to ride this! Then all my classics; People Mover, HM, Tiki room, Peter Pan and CoP. Yes, I am old school. I really want to try the chicken waffle sandwich from Sleepy Hollow. And of course I must have a Dole Whip!

I will take the launch back over to WL about 3:00 to see if my room is ready. If not, I am more than happy to chill at Geyser for a bit. Dinner plans that evening will either be at Geyser if I am going back to MK or at the F&W booths if I am going to Epcot. We will have to see who is on the concert list for the evening as well.

Heading back to the resort after a busy day, I am hoping for a relaxing dip in the pool and a soak in the hot tub before tucking in for the evening.

140 days to go!

Last edited:
I am debating about taking an Uber/Lyft to drop my luggage off personally at WL. Or should I just ask the resort to transfer it and hop on the bus to MK?
No idea. I've not resort hopped, so can't offer any advice.
MK must do's.......Tron!!!!!! I am SO excited to ride this!
So excited for you!
I really want to try the chicken waffle sandwich from Sleepy Hollow.
I've not eaten there, believe it or not. But... that does sound good. :)
And of course I must have a Dole Whip!
::yes::

I’m here for the planning! Our dates are almost identical. We are staying at a 1 Bdrm at SSR! I love the values for the price and themes but since we are going for 8 nights I wanted a full kitchen and for my kids to have their own beds so my husband and I don’t get stuck sharing beds with kids (I have a 9 yr old girl and a 14 yr old boy). I haven’t planned much other than our hotel. We are driving because flights are insane and super limiting if we want non stop.

Your plans are looking good. I’ve never been to GP or WL but I’ve read enough TRs to know that I’d love it there. I also have a very similar list of old school must do attractions .
The train around the park is back now too isn’t it. My kids loved that train when they were small. Hopefully one day I’ll be taking the grandkids on it 🤞

So excited for you!
All the clips I've watched look incredible. I did hear that it is quite short though. The queue area looks amazing! :)
I've not eaten there, believe it or not. But... that does sound good. :)
I love anything that is a sweet spicy mix so the honey siracha sauce drew me in. Plus I thiink the brocoli slaw would be tasty with the chicken and fluffy waffle. Okay, I want one right now!
I’m here for the planning! Our dates are almost identical. We are staying at a 1 Bdrm at SSR! I love the values for the price and themes but since we are going for 8 nights I wanted a full kitchen and for my kids to have their own beds so my husband and I don’t get stuck sharing beds with kids (I have a 9 yr old girl and a 14 yr old boy). I haven’t planned much other than our hotel. We are driving because flights are insane and super limiting if we want non stop.
Thanks for joining in! I am excited to check out Movies for the night but will be thrilled to move to my beloved home resort of Boulder Ridge the next day. I can't wait to see the renovations! Plus there is a cabana at Boulder Cove pool with my name on it!

Flights are so bananas this year!! If I was going with the family we would drive for sure but this is a lovely and relaxing solo trip unless my sons manage to get some extra time off work. Saratoga is a great choice! Did you pick preferred or standard? If you are standard, the Paddock is a great area as the pool there has a super slide and a pool bar. The great thing about a 1 bedroom is the washer and dryer! Plus having the full ktchen is so great for breakfast and snacks. Are you doing hoppers or 1 park per day?
Your plans are looking good. I’ve never been to GP or WL but I’ve read enough TRs to know that I’d love it there. I also have a very similar list of old school must do attractions .
The train around the park is back now too isn’t it. My kids loved that train when they were small. Hopefully one day I’ll be taking the grandkids on it 🤞
Yes, the train is back! How did I forget to add that to my must do list???? You will be riding that train with your little sweeties before you know it!

Park tickets that are like an AP when you can't get an AP

I had looked at many options for tickets but was really frustrated with the date range option. If I bought a 4 or 5 day ticket I had to use it so quickly. Plus I really wanted to have memory maker. I always love to have hoppers whether I end up using them or not. And with a ten day trip, I wanted water park access. Tall order, right???

I was perusing the Canadian community forum here on the DIS and heard someone mention UK tickets. So I decided to explore that and went on a site that had attractions and tickets in the description (pretty sure I can't post the actual link but you can figure it out). They had a 14 day magic ticket called flex plus which gave you 14 days of hoppers with the plus option (water park, golf, mini golf etc) AND memory maker for a total of $940 CDN or $698 USD. Such a great deal! The tickets are electronic and I was able to access them within 30 minutes of purchasing them and link them to MDE! So now park reservations are made and I feel relieved that one more thing is off the list! I love the all inclusive feeling of being able to access all the options available, especially with a longer trip.

137 days to go!

Park tickets that are like an AP when you can't get an AP

I had looked at many options for tickets but was really frustrated with the date range option. If I bought a 4 or 5 day ticket I had to use it so quickly. Plus I really wanted to have memory maker. I always love to have hoppers whether I end up using them or not. And with a ten day trip, I wanted water park access. Tall order, right???

I was perusing the Canadian community forum here on the DIS and heard someone mention UK tickets. So I decided to explore that and went on a site that had attractions and tickets in the description (pretty sure I can't post the actual link but you can figure it out). They had a 14 day magic ticket called flex plus which gave you 14 days of hoppers with the plus option (water park, golf, mini golf etc) AND memory maker for a total of $940 CDN or $698 USD. Such a great deal! The tickets are electronic and I was able to access them within 30 minutes of purchasing them and link them to MDE! So now park reservations are made and I feel relieved that one more thing is off the list! I love the all inclusive feeling of being able to access all the options available, especially with a longer trip.

137 days to go!
Good deal for the tix!
And you don’t have to be from the UK to get them??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter