AOA or BWV 1bedroom- Where would you stay in this situation? (09/04-09/11)

Ducky'sMom

Mom to a smol bean and a spicy potato <3
I've been changing my mind so much, but I think I can finally make peace with these options.

It's me, my husband, my sister (30), our oldest (13) and youngest (turn 2 during trip). This trip was supposed to be for me and my husband's 15th anniversary, so we invited my sister as an extra pair of hands for the youngest and to supervise both kids one night so my husband and I can go out. (Also, my sister and I had our 1st trip as children during the 25th, so I wanted to bring her for the 50th). So here's what we have--

1bd G/P at BWV (*renting points)
Pros:
-$3948 for 7 nights
- Walk to Epcot, which is our favorite resort, especially during F&W
- Walk or Skyliner to HS
- Kitchen, though not sure how much we'll use it
- Deluxe guest hours
- No parking fee (I believe if renting points)
Cons:
- Only 2 sleeping surfaces, though 13yo(f) and my sister say they're both okay sharing the sofa bed (but how comfy are those beds and would it get old sharing it?)
- Only 1 toilet
- Can't use currently accumulated GCs to pay, no refund (using DVC Rental Store)

FN suite, AOA
Pros:
-$3858.16 but with Target 5% is $3665.25
- Skyliner
- 3 sleeping surfaces
- 2 toilets
- Can pay with GCs, can cancel more easily
Cons:
- Not as centrally located, and in event Skyliner is down must bus everywhere
- Price diff isn't too far from deluxe option (but IS cheaper)
- Parking fee ($105)

As you can see by my signature, BWV is our home resort, but with your party I'd vote for AoA as well, for the 3 sleeping surfaces and 2 bathrooms. Especially since you don't think you'd use the full kitchen. The only thing that might make me lean towards the 1 BR at BWV would be the in-room laundry with a toddler. AoA has laundry facilities, but not in your room.

I love BWV but I’d go with AOA. Would be sad about the loss of the deluxe hours though.
No chance of one bedroom at Bay Lake Tower or Kidani? They have two toilets.

I love BWV but I’d go with AOA. Would be sad about the loss of the deluxe hours though.
No chance of one bedroom at Bay Lake Tower or Kidani? They have two toilets.
Those are options, and I thought about doing a split stay between the 2, but I didn't care for BLTs pool and Kidani just seemed so far away from everything. (I've changed my mind so many times!)

In this scenario, I would pick AoA. I love the BWV location, but the sofa bed is not comfortable and I think having the second bathroom would be of benefit. Any chance a 1-bedroom at RIV is available? - there is a better bed set-up there, IMHO, but it's probably more expensive. Maybe also price out two rooms at Swan/Dolphin? Or even consider two rooms at Pop to get 4 sleeping surfaces.

Those are options, and I thought about doing a split stay between the 2, but I didn't care for BLTs pool and Kidani just seemed so far away from everything. (I've changed my mind so many times!)
Kidani is not really far from anything except MK. If you look at a real map, this becomes obvious. The resorts that are really on an "island" are the MK resorts.

Due to the ages of everyone, I'd say you need to bathrooms and sleeping surfaces if it's a 7-night trip.

Kidani is amazing and I would look into it, even though it's a bus hotel. We stayed last summer and it was amazing. The 1-bedroom was awesome with those bathrooms!

Also to clarify, BW gives you boat access to HS so you don't have to walk all the way over to Skyliner by Epcot. That would take you way out of the way since you have to transfer Skyliner routes to get to HS. Just an FYI.

Have you thought about two rooms at Pop? There would be two bathrooms, 4 sleeping surfaces with spots for 8, skyliner, plus you might be able to have your sister host the kids on an overnight in her room...it is an anniversary trip.

For our family space/privacy is very important on vacations with more than our immediate/little family.

Have you thought about two rooms at Pop? There would be two bathrooms, 4 sleeping surfaces with spots for 8, skyliner, plus you might be able to have your sister host the kids on an overnight in her room...it is an anniversary trip.

For our family space/privacy is very important on vacations with more than our immediate/little family.
Yeah I did price out 2 POP rooms but all of us agreed we like AOA's theme more. Though the thought of separate spaces has crossed my mind a few times.

AoA - Two bathrooms! That trumps everything else, IMO, for 5 people.
Agreed!!
While I would venture to choose BWV based on the in room laundry option when staying 7 days, but with 5 people the two bathrooms is a must.....there's always a "situation" that warrants it.

The one bedroom is so nice at BWV and it does have enough space. If your sister and daughter don't want to share the sofa bed, there is enough space for a blow up mattress. It has an extra area for the jetted bathtub, a small walk in closet, and two extra bathroom sinks.

NOTE: My friend who came with us on our WDW trip last year slept on the BWV sofa bed and didn't think it was comfortable at all. She used the extra blankets and pillows in the closet (near the front door) to make it more comfortable.

But more toilets are always good when there are five of you present.

I would choose 2 rooms at Pop. The two bathrooms and 4 real beds would be extremely helpful. Plus, still on the skyliner and you could visit AofA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter