AP Activation

BarryCF

Let's Buy DVC!!
Hello everyone. I am an annual passholder for the first time in many years. I bought my pass online, and Disney tells me that I need to go to guest services and activate it before I go to the gate. My question is this, can I activate it at Disney Springs? We are having dinner there the evening before we go to our first park.

Thank you in advance. 🙂

I don't recall having to activate our passes. We just tapped our Magic Bands and went in the park.

I don't recall having to activate our passes. We just tapped our Magic Bands and went in the park.
I’m assuming the OP is a Florida resident. If you are a Florida resident then you have to show proof of residency before the pass can be used. That can only be done at guest services (located in Disney Springs and at all the park entrances.)

I’m assuming the OP is a Florida resident. If you are a Florida resident then you have to show proof of residency before the pass can be used. That can only be done at guest services (located in Disney Springs and at all the park entrances.)
I’m not a Florida resident, at least not yet…lol

I called Disney and was told that because I bought my AP online that I would need to activate it at Guest Services before going to the gate, so that’s what I plan to do just to be on the safe side.

I’m not a Florida resident, at least not yet…lol

I called Disney and was told that because I bought my AP online that I would need to activate it at Guest Services before going to the gate, so that’s what I plan to do just to be on the safe side.
Ah ok. I don’t think you actually do have to get that activated then. You should be good as long as they are linked to your magic band or are in the Disney app. But if you want to be on the safe side (and also get a physical card if you want one) you can certainly do so at Disney Springs.

Just to clarify for others that might read this thread-
We bought Florida resident AP’s online and did NOT activate at guest services. Tapped in our first day at gate no problem. (You can use verify.me online to verify residency)

If I am not a Florida resident and I was told to activate my annual pass at guest services. Is there "guest services" at all the Disney resorts? We are staying at Riviera so wasn't sure if I need to find specific guest services outside one of the parks or can the resort guest services help me with activation as well. Thanks in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter