Ap as Christmas gift

jemilah

<font color=navy>Dreaming of Disneyland every nigh
Planning ahead as usual.............I was thinkinkg of getting AP's for our family for Christmas , but we will not be going until May . If you order on-line I asume they send a certificate to turn in when you visit and get the photo taken , Am I right? Also does the year start at perchase or when we actually get the cards? What about the perks?
Any help will be so appreciated!

You can also buy them at the Disney Store and at some Von's markets, it you have one there. The year starts when they are actually activated--your first visit. That's when your picture is taken and you get the actual pass. We started out with the cheaper ones and upgraded.

The AP vouchers you can get are often only good for 100 days past the purchase date (at least the 2 I've had have both said that). Granted the last time I had one was in 2001 as I've renewed by mail since.

You could always create your own voucher for an AP and then just buy them right before your first visit.

I thought about the certificate good for a year round pass if they could not be perchased that long in advance. Is there a kids AP as well?
I did see Disneyland gift cards that I may get to stick in the boys stockings!

Thre is only one price for the annual pass regardless if it an adult or child.. And they are only good for 100 days. Meaning that you must activate them within that time period..

Ok well that kills that idea I guess! i think I will just do 5 day parkhoppers for this trip and if we go again ..................we will spend somemore! I thought the AP would be better in the long run , but if it is full price for the 7 year old and no promise off another trip within a year , I wont bother! Thanks alot for the help!

jemilah said:
Ok well that kills that idea I guess! i think I will just do 5 day parkhoppers for this trip and if we go again ..................we will spend somemore! I thought the AP would be better in the long run , but if it is full price for the 7 year old and no promise off another trip within a year , I wont bother! Thanks alot for the help!

You might want to get an AP for yourself, and then get hoppers for the boys. The reason I say that is because you get certain discounts by being an AP holder (like 10% off dining & such). It might be worth looking into.

iceskatejen said:
The AP vouchers you can get are often only good for 100 days past the purchase date (at least the 2 I've had have both said that). Granted the last time I had one was in 2001 as I've renewed by mail since.
I thought that was the case at first. It isn't though. We bought ours 100+ days in advance before we went this summer and still activated them. The only catch is, if the price of AP's have gone up since they expired, then you have to pat the difference. So, if you can, get them within the time limit but if you're like us and couldn't wait or are willing to take the chance (we never had to pay extra as they never went up - we were expecting them to though), then go for it. :thumbsup2

Are they discounts that great for an AP holder? We do like to stay on site ...are the rates much better?

jemilah said:

No! No! No!!!! Start THINKING like an AP holder...

Buying the APs will put another trip into your head and heart, and you'll find a way.... :rolleyes1 My DSis bought my kids APs for their birthdays---she just put a note in their cards so they know she's buying them next time we go. Watch the boards...if the price is about to go up, buy right away!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter