AP clarification for park res

AGP

Mouseketeer
I am an AP holder with DVC stay booked…. Can anyone tell me if I book my AP park reservation for say Hollywood, do I have to enter HS before I can hop to another park (say MK) that day (regardless of “good to go day” status)? And what if HS or MK stay as not “good to go”… do I then have to enter HS first? Also- I see park hopping says 9am now generally - does that include for APs?

I am an AP holder with DVC stay booked…. Can anyone tell me if I book my AP park reservation for say Hollywood, do I have to enter HS before I can hop to another park (say MK) that day (regardless of “good to go day” status)? And what if HS or MK stay as not “good to go”… do I then have to enter HS first? Also- I see park hopping says 9am now generally - does that include for APs?
to hop to MK on a Saturday or Sunday, yes you need to enter the park you have a reservation for to hop prior to 2:00.

Reactions: AGP
Ok- thanks.. but if it was Sat or Sun and I have a res for MK, I can go right to any other park at 9 am without going to MK first? Does the other parks being marked “good to go” just mean I could go at 8:30am (since I’m staying DvC)?

If it is a good to go day, then you don't need a reservation so yes, you can just 'go'. and if you are eligible for early entry, then yes, that applies.

These are rules as I understand

1) good to go days no need for a reservation
2) you can enter any park after 2 pm (pending capacity) except MK on Saturday and Sunday. If you want to get into MK post 2 without a reservation on those days you need to go to another park first
3) park reservations for APs are always needed, except good to go, so to answer your question you can’t show up to a park at park hopping (if not a good to go day) unless you scanned into your first park.

I wish they treated all hotel guests as not needing a park reservation like date based tickets. APs that stay on sight have a very tricky set of rules. I stay RIV so I have been picking Epcot walk to the front and monorail to MK or hop to another park. Just because it’s so easy to scan in their first.

These are rules as I understand

1) good to go days no need for a reservation
2) you can enter any park after 2 pm (pending capacity) except MK on Saturday and Sunday. If you want to get into MK post 2 without a reservation on those days you need to go to another park first
3) park reservations for APs are always needed, except good to go, so to answer your question you can’t show up to a park at park hopping (if not a good to go day) unless you scanned into your first park.

I wish they treated all hotel guests as not needing a park reservation like date based tickets. APs that stay on sight have a very tricky set of rules. I stay RIV so I have been picking Epcot walk to the front and monorail to MK or hop to another park. Just because it’s so easy to scan in their first.
Thanks- that’s helpful. The rules seem unnecessarily confusing for AP holders. So are you saying that I can’t hop to another park until 2pm if I am using an AP (even though it says make hopping at 9am) - and again assuming the park isn’t on a GTG day? Sorry- I don’t know why I’m still confused about the hopping! I think it’s the fact that the park schedule says hopping at 9am- sounds like that should have a caveat to say “excluding APs”?

If it's a "good to go" day, you may go to any park at any time. To my knowledge, "good to go" designation applies to all parks on that date; or at least I haven't seen it for only certain parks.

If you will first be entering a park after 2pm, you do not need a theme park reservation for that day. The exception is for MK on Sat. and Sun. when you still need a theme park reservation -- either for MK (even if entering after 2pm) or for somewhere before hopping to MK.

Can anyone tell me if I book my AP park reservation for say Hollywood, do I have to enter HS before I can hop to another park (say MK) that day (regardless of “good to go day” status)? And what if HS or MK stay as not “good to go”… do I then have to enter HS first?
If it is not a "good to go" day, you will have to tap in at the park where you have a reservation before going anywhere else. Again, AFAIK "good to go" applies to all parks that day, not just certain parks.

Also- I see park hopping says 9am now generally - does that include for APs?
Yes that's for anyone, but APs may still need to tap at their reserved park first if it is not a "good to go" day.

Ok- thanks.. but if it was Sat or Sun and I have a res for MK, I can go right to any other park at 9 am without going to MK first? Does the other parks being marked “good to go” just mean I could go at 8:30am (since I’m staying DvC)?
I've never seen only some parks marked as "good to go" -- that designation usually means all parks. So if you have a reservation for MK you will need to tap in at MK before going elsewhere, even first thing in the morning.

You can park hop at 9 am on a day needing a park reservation as long as you tap into the park reserved.

As mentioned, rules can be different for MK on weekends.

What we have done is found we can pretty much change the park the night before if our plans have changed.

If you have a reservation and it becomes a good to go, then you can go to whether park you want!!

We have APs and don’t generally visit when the parks are crazy busy. We do bus roulette and I just change the park reservation to whatever park we go to. Unless you are there at a busy time, have a rez as a backup and just change the rez to the park you want to go to the night before or early morning. Of course, MK on weekends and special days like May 4th, etc., you want to make sure your default rez matches a park you are willing to visit first if the other parks fill. Relax and have fun.

Reactions: AGP
We just got back yesterday and one interesting thing I noticed about good-to-go days is that even if you have reserved a park for that day, MDE shows you that it's a good-to-go day and you can go to any park.

Also, I've easily changed park reservations to another park, sometimes after getting on the bus. However, I've never tried to change a park reservation to MK.

I hope that WDW at some point will lift the park reservation requirements for APs who are staying on-site. After all, they know when you're going to be there, so it's similar to having a date-based ticket.

We just got back yesterday and one interesting thing I noticed about good-to-go days is that even if you have reserved a park for that day, MDE shows you that it's a good-to-go day and you can go to any park.

Also, I've easily changed park reservations to another park, sometimes after getting on the bus. However, I've never tried to change a park reservation to MK.

I hope that WDW at some point will lift the park reservation requirements for APs who are staying on-site. After all, they know when you're going to be there, so it's similar to having a date-based ticket.
Thanks for sharing- this is helpful to know- I was wondering if I would have to remove my reservation if it turned to a good-to-go day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter