AP discount at restuarants?

DisneyGuy

DIS Veteran
Hi, is it true that you get 20% off at select restuarants in Disney World with an AP pass? If so, do you just show them that when the bill comes or do they have to be notified ahead of time?

thanks!

You do get a discount with your pass, but it's only 10%, & it only applies to table service at certain restaurants. Check allearsnet.com for more details. We have a Disney Dining Experience Card. The cost is $50 for passholders. This gives you a 20% discount (at certain restaurants.) The best part is that it includes alcohol!! We saved more than $50 the first vacation we used it!

:earsgirl: 19 HOURS to our next trip!

zoe69 said:
You do get a discount with your pass, but it's only 10%, & it only applies to table service at certain restaurants. Check allearsnet.com for more details. We have a Disney Dining Experience Card. The cost is $50 for passholders. This gives you a 20% discount (at certain restaurants.) The best part is that it includes alcohol!! We saved more than $50 the first vacation we used it!

:earsgirl: 19 HOURS to our next trip!

thanks for the info! I don't think the card would be worth it for me - i'm only going for 5 days BUT I will be eating at mostly tabelservice places - hmm....how long is the card valid for?

I think the 10% is fine though....but i'll keep it in mind.

DisneyGuy said:
thanks for the info! I don't think the card would be worth it for me - i'm only going for 5 days BUT I will be eating at mostly tabelservice places - hmm....how long is the card valid for?

I think the 10% is fine though....but i'll keep it in mind.

Keep in mind that the AP 10% discount is for table service at SOME of the restraurants in WS/EPCOT during lunch only Monday through Friday. The same for some resort restraurants (Kona, Trail's End, WC), again lunch only Monday through Friday.

The card is good for one year. We saved over $50 on a five day trip. It all depends on where you plan on eating. The AP discount is pretty restrictive, and a lot is lunch only. The dining card is more "usable." Especially if you plan on eating a heavier dinner than lunch. BTW, you must have an AP to get the card for $50, otherwise it's $75.00.

I think you have to be an AP holder or a FL resident to get the dinning card. The 10% discount is pretty limited and for lunch only M-F. The 20% with the card has a very large selection and can be used pretty much anytime. There are places you can view the places that you can get a discount. I can't see how you wouldn't recoup the $50 pretty quickly. At least my family would the way we eat.

ETA: Here's what is says at mousesavers about the two options for annual passholders.

WDW DINING

Disney Dining Experience: Receive $25 off the regular price of the Disney Dining Experience Membership. Benefits include:

20% discount on all food and beverages at over 70 participating Resort hotel and Theme Park restaurants (discount is valid for a party of up to 10 Guests).
Resort and Theme Park parking for dining purposes
Invitations to special member-only food and wine events, winemaker dinners and celebrity chef dinners
And more!
Call (407) 566-5858 (Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. E.S.T.) for more information or to purchase your annual membership at the Passholder price of $50 (plus tax). The Disney Dining Experience Membership card is not accepted on holidays, including New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, Mother's Day, Easter, July 4, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Once you order your Disney Dining Experience membership card, please allow 2-3 weeks for processing.

Lunch Discounts: Get 10% off the regular price of food and non-alcoholic beverages (excluding tax and gratuity) Monday through Friday during lunch hours for Passholder and up to three Guests at the following participating Walt Disney World Resort Table Service locations. Call (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463) for priority seating. Lunch hours vary by location.

- Concourse Steakhouse at Disney's Contemporary Resort
- ESPN Club at Disney's Boardwalk
- Grand Floridian Cafe at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort
- Kona Cafe at Disney's Polynesian Resort
- Olivia's Cafe at Disney's Old Key West Resort
- Sand Trap Bar & Grill at Disney's Bonnet Creek Golf Club
- Trail's End Buffeteria at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
- Whispering Canyon Cafe at Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort
- Yacht Club Galley at Disney's Yacht Club Resort
Epcot Lunch Discounts: Get 10% off the regular price of food and non-alcoholic beverages (excluding tax and gratuity) Monday through Friday during lunch hours for Passholder and up to three Guests at the following participating Epcot Table Service locations. Call (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463) for priority seating. Lunch hours vary by location.

- Alfredo di Roma Ristorante
- Biergarten Restaurant
- The Garden Grill Restaurant
- Coral Reef Restaurant
- Le Cellier Steakhouse
- Le Chefs de France Restaurant
- Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki Restaurant
- Nine Dragons Restaurant
- Restaurant Akershus
- Restaurant Marrakesh
- Rose & Crown Pub and Dining Room
Other Dining Discounts:

Official All-Star Cafe at Disney's Wide World of Sports - 10% discount off the regular price (excluding tax and gratuity) of food and non-alcoholic beverages in a setting that celebrates sports with amazing memorabilia. Offer valid for all meal periods for Passholder and up to 3 guests.

Wolfgang Puck Cafe at Downtown Disney's West Side - 10% discount off the regular price (excluding tax and gratuity) of food and non-alcoholic beverages daily during lunch and dinner. Valid for the Passholder and up to 3 guests. Priority seating is available by calling 407-938-9653.

Wolfgang Puck Express at Downtown Disney's Marketplace - Take 10% off the regular price (excluding applicable tax and gratuity) of food and non-alcoholic beverages for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Valid for Passholder and up to three guests.

House of Blues at Downtown Disney's West Side - 20% discount off the regular price (discount excludes alcohol, applicable tax and gratuity) of food and non-alcoholic beverages prior to 4:00 pm or 10% off after 4:00 pm.. Valid for Passholder and up to 5 guests.

Planet Hollywood at Downtown Disney's West Side - 10% discount off the regular price (excluding tax and gratuity) of food and non-alcoholic beverages daily. Valid for Passholder and up to 3 guests.

Rainforest Cafe at Downtown Disney's Marketplace - 10% discount off the regular price (excluding tax and gratuity) of food and non-alcoholic beverages daily from 11:30 am to 4:30 pm. Valid for Passholder and up to 3 guests. Priority seating is available by calling 407-827-8500. This discount is also available at the Rainforest Cafe located at Disney's Animal Kingdom Park from 2:30 pm until closing.

Fulton's Crab House at Downtown Disney's Pleasure Island - 10% discount off the regular price (excluding tax and gratuity) of food and non-alcoholic beverages daily during lunch or dinner. Valid for Passholder and up to 3 guests. Priority seating is available by calling 407-934-BOAT(2628) or 407-WDW-DINE (939-3463).

Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop - Downtown Disney Marketplace - Enjoy a 10% discount on all retail items and old-fashioned soda fountain creations.

Portobello Yacht Club - Downtown Disney Pleasure Island - Sail away with 10% discount off the regular price (excluding applicable tax and gratuity) of food and beverages daily during lunch or dinner. Valid for the Passholder and up to three guests. Priority Seating is available by calling (407) 934-8888 or (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter