AP discount for Hard Rock in December?

StEpHandMiKe<3Disney

DIS Veteran
Hello all, I already have a room only reservation for Dec 2-4 in hopes that an AP discount would come out and I could benefit from the savings. I have not seen any discounts that I can find so thought I would ask the pros. Has anyone seen an AP discount for Dec for Hard Rock? Second part to my question, any concern with me waiting till a few weeks before to buy tickets in case we don't move forward with an AP? TIA!

I check my dates daily, you never know when a discounted rate will pop up. If you see it, nab it.

There are AP discounted rooms at Portofino that may save you over $100/night, not sure how firm you are on sticking with HRH.

I check my dates daily, you never know when a discounted rate will pop up. If you see it, nab it.

There are AP discounted rooms at Portofino that may save you over $100/night, not sure how firm you are on sticking with HRH.
Thank you! Where is the best place to look? Can you provide a link? Thanks!

I agree with "check dates daily". We booked a HRH room for Dec 6-14 months ago and then started watching for AP rates. Finally got a great AP rate several weeks ago. Checked back the next day just for fun and it was gone, so in our case it definitely paid to check daily. Good luck!

Just to add to this - I check several times throughout the day as the rates can change at almost any time
Ive also found sometimes odd combinations work - like if you are going to 7 days but book once for 3 days and once for 4 days there may be avaialbliy
I've also seen it not be available for 5 days but then be available for 7 - so ymmv

lastly - for some reason they have been extremally slow with refunds for cancelled reservations for some reason

Does anyone know if the AP rate typically covers Friday through Sunday or is it just Sunday through Thursday?
Seems to vary on the individual week, and when you check - I think they generally need to offer fewer discounts for the weekends, so those dates may be snagged more quickly when they do appear. And as noted above, sometimes if you play with date combos you will see different AP availability. IE, no availability for Fri, but there is availability for Thurs-Sat. Play & combine. I also think they try to avoid leaving "orphan nights" on Saturdays in particular, at least early on - but then as you get closer to the dates, if there is still a lot of vacancy, they'll increase availability for single night AP rates. This assumes there is a lot of vacancy - it can just as easily go the other way and availability can disappear entirely.

Gosh, I feel like reading universal pass explanations I need a degree! From what I see, even the lowest price point pass would allow me to get the discount? I see the black out dates, our dates are Dec 2-4 so no problem there. Just don’t want to make a purchase and regret it!

Seems to vary on the individual week, and when you check - I think they generally need to offer fewer discounts for the weekends, so those dates may be snagged more quickly when they do appear. And as noted above, sometimes if you play with date combos you will see different AP availability. IE, no availability for Fri, but there is availability for Thurs-Sat. Play & combine. I also think they try to avoid leaving "orphan nights" on Saturdays in particular, at least early on - but then as you get closer to the dates, if there is still a lot of vacancy, they'll increase availability for single night AP rates. This assumes there is a lot of vacancy - it can just as easily go the other way and availability can disappear entirely.
Good advice! I looked, and although my Saturday night stay does not have a discount, my Sunday night does. Now I’m just trying to do the math to see if it’s worth it.

This is why I do dinky little split stays at Universal a lot. The AP rates are the same for 1 night as for a whole week, so it can work out nicely to do a single day of Premier for the EP benefits - since we're just 2 adults, it's easy enough to move once or twice to save a few hundred $ on the stay.

All the APs get the same hotel discounts. And you can book them before you have the AP in hand, and you can book/cancel easily so if you see something you like, it's not a problem to grab it and cancel later as other options appear.

Your weekend is an Orlando Informer Meetup weekend, so that will reduce availability on the Fri & Sat night especially. It also means you can't count on hopping in line for Hagrids right at park close Fri or Sat, they may close the line off an hour or so early (or they might not, it might depend on crowd levels). I don't believe it affects other lines besides Hagrids.

This is why I do dinky little split stays at Universal a lot. The AP rates are the same for 1 night as for a whole week, so it can work out nicely to do a single day of Premier for the EP benefits - since we're just 2 adults, it's easy enough to move once or twice to save a few hundred $ on the stay.

All the APs get the same hotel discounts. And you can book them before you have the AP in hand, and you can book/cancel easily so if you see something you like, it's not a problem to grab it and cancel later as other options appear.

Your weekend is an Orlando Informer Meetup weekend, so that will reduce availability on the Fri & Sat night especially. It also means you can't count on hopping in line for Hagrids right at park close Fri or Sat, they may close the line off an hour or so early (or they might not, it might depend on crowd levels). I don't believe it affects other lines besides Hagrids.
Thank you so much for all the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter