AP discount question

mattman2k

Mouseketeer
As noted on a previous post the "Preferred" AP entitles you to hotel discounts whereas the "Power" AP does not.

I just called Hard Rock reservations and was told it didn't matter which AP I had I would get the discount. Someone else mentioned this on an earlier post, hence my call.

Can anyone confirm this? And if not, if I order the Power pass and get down there and find out it won't get the hotel discount, can I upgrade the Power AP to the Preferred AP?

You will be fine with the Power AP. Most of the time they don't even ask for the pass anyway.

The Preferred Ap also notes free parking. I'm guessing that is only for the parks and not the hotels?

Originally posted by mattman2k
The Preferred Ap also notes free parking. I'm guessing that is only for the parks and not the hotels?
You guessed correctly... the hotels will not give you the free parking... I tried it.... they said they were a Lowes Hotel & only leased the land from Universal.... I came back with... since I was a Annual Pass Holder & I could park in the lot for free, isn't it the same land that the hotels lot is on... didn't work...they charged me anyway.... but it was worth a shot :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter