AP Discount Watch and FAQ 2023. 10% - 40% off select nights July 11 - Sept 28; Oct 2 - Dec 25

I wonder if they rolled the AP offer out early by mistake and rolled it back. Wish I would have decided what I wanted to do sooner! Darn my indecisiveness!
SAme. I got what I wanted, put it in the cart, called my DH to see what he thought ( he’s just as crazy as me- no way he’d say no), and went back and hit check out and no longer available error.

These are the terms and conditions of the 2020 Passholder offer:
Offer Details
Book Through
April 25, 2020
Valid Travel Dates
January 1 through April 25, 2020
Important Details
  • The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited.
  • Savings based on the non-discounted price a non-Annual Passholder pays for the same room.
  • Length of stay requirements may apply.
  • Additional per-adult charges may apply if more than 2 adults per room at Disney Value, Moderate and Deluxe Resorts and Studios at Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts.
  • Cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion.
  • Advance reservations required.
  • Offer excludes the following room types: 3-bedroom villas, campsites, Cabins at Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows.
  • Passholders must present a valid Walt Disney World Pass at check-in.
  • Valid admission is required to enjoy theme parks and special events and is not included in this offer.

That was another one of my concerns. I knew this was an error and they consistently do not honor incorrect pricing at shopdisney. I would be shocked though if they didn't honor this, still I don't want the headache of worrying about it. It was just fun to see it and dream for a minute. :)

I remember a similar incident several years ago: very low rates showed up at BW. I can’t remember all the specifics, but I do remember it was a crazy low rate. I think Disney offered 1 night at the discount as a god will/ customer service gesture. But I definitely remember the mistake was caught & folks not allowed to keep the rate for all dates as it was a mistake. Will be interesting to see what happens here.

I remember a similar incident several years ago: very low rates showed up at BW. I can’t remember all the specifics, but I do remember it was a crazy low rate. I think Disney offered 1 night at the discount as a god will/ customer service gesture. But I definitely remember the mistake was caught & folks not allowed to keep the rate for all dates as it was a mistake. Will be interesting to see what happens here.
My friend got 55% off. Curious if it sticks.

Did anyone manage to book that deal at the BWI?

ETA: never mind, apparently they did but it unlikely to last...too bad. Most places honor mistaken pricing.

I'm sure somewhere in the fine print they have a disclaimer allowing them not to honor rates that are incorrectly posted. It doesn't happen very often, so hard to say what they'll do about it. I doubt there were many who actually caught it. It wasn't up long or at least wasn't valid long. I had it in my cart just for the heck of it, no real intention of booking, but just to see after reading here, I went to check out and it poofed.

Did anyone manage to book that deal at the BWI?

ETA: never mind, apparently they did but it unlikely to last...too bad. Most places honor mistaken pricing.
I booked it and paid the deposit, have an email receipt, and it’s showing up in MDE so I’m really hoping they don’t yank it out. How are we supposed to know it’s a mistake, totally wrong of them to just take it away when they are the ones who do something wrong.

If I keep clicking different types of rates, the AP rate will pop up sometimes and even go all the way through to the checkout page. Just keep clicking. So, some might still be able to get an AP rate. The Boardwalk one is back to 35% as far as I can tell.

How are you getting the AP Discount to pop up?
I keep going back and forth and nothing is showing up. I'm trying to get a discount for Polynesian and nothing is available at the moment.

I even took a snapshot, begging my daughter to figure out how to get some time off! lol $400 for a deluxe Club Level? I cannot tell you how hard that was not to book.
I would have loved to see those rooms, all that was available for my dates was a garden room (like, no other rooms had any discount, zero, it was weird). I got it at a little over 50%, it's a bit big considering I'll be alone, I booked it anyway though because I figured I could just live it up for a few days lol

How are you getting the AP Discount to pop up?
I keep going back and forth and nothing is showing up. I'm trying to get a discount for Polynesian and nothing is available at the moment.
I just keep switching the different offers over and over, eventually it pops up and will go through. It's gotta be a glitch, but someone was able to book doing it on the April Code Watch thread.

I booked it and paid the deposit, have an email receipt, and it’s showing up in MDE so I’m really hoping they don’t yank it out. How are we supposed to know it’s a mistake, totally wrong of them to just take it away when they are the ones who do something wrong.

When the offer page lists a discount of 35% but you are seeing 60% off, that is a clue something isn’t right. Companies do correct errors. Disney has done it many times. Just a few weeks ago posters were talking about an error where gift cards were mistakenly discounted on the Disney store site. The error was quickly found & anyone who purchased was sent an email & their money was returned. They can’t force you to book at the new price, but they can refund your money & refuse to honor the erroneous price.

In reality, we know they never discount rooms 60% off and the offer showed 35% off as the deluxe discount. I knew the second I saw it that it was a mistake. I know they never honor internet pricing errors thru shop disney and I’m sure legally they have disclaimers posted somewhere. I’m not saying they will cancel, honestly I’d be surprised I’d they did. But historically, they have not honored internet pricing errors. Fingers crossed for you. If the phone lines weren’t jammed, I’d suggest calling to confirm it one way or the other.

When the offer page lists a discount of 35% but you are seeing 60% off, that is a clue something isn’t right. Companies do correct errors. Disney has done it many times. Just a few weeks ago posters were talking about an error where gift cards were mistakenly discounted on the Disney store site. The error was quickly found & anyone who purchased was sent an email & their money was returned. They can’t force you to book at the new price, but they can refund your money & refuse to honor the erroneous price.
I think a retail mistake and a room mistake are far different, I honestly didn't even see the discount listed on the main page I just went straight to my account to change my reservation and it showed up. I have a couple of times in the last year gotten AP discount rates above what was listed, like an AKL for 40% this summer making it cheaper than a moderate, and a YC last October for 41% taking it down below $300. The discount both times was listed for lower than 40% so I generally just book stuff when I see it at a good rate.

In reality, we know they never discount rooms 60% off and the offer showed 35% off as the deluxe discount. I knew the second I saw it that it was a mistake. I know they never honor internet pricing errors thru shop disney and I’m sure legally they have disclaimers posted somewhere. I’m not saying they will cancel, honestly I’d be surprised I’d they did. But historically, they have not honored internet pricing errors. Fingers crossed for you. If the phone lines weren’t jammed, I’d suggest calling to confirm it one way or the other.
I am going to give it until next week or until I see they have "fixed" the issue and see what happens. I may call up later next week to pay the rest of it and see what my total is. If it's the same as what is listed in my receipt email I won't worry unless Disney contacts me. I also didn't get a 60% discount, mine wasn't that high, it was high but still well enough below 60%. I know there are a few people that got it at that low, but I wasn't THAT lucky. I am just going to play the wait and see, there is still tons of availability in rooms at BWI so I'm sure once they do sort this all out I'll have more options than I did this morning if I do need to modify. Who knows, I may keep the room at whatever rate they land on, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed they'll let me keep it (it's only a 3 night trip, not like I'm staying for a week).

Exactly. If they honor it, great. But no one should be too upset if they don’t. A few months ago, someone sent me a screen shot showing a $1 per night rate for Grand Floridian. Don’t know how many people saw that or tried to book. But we all know there is no way Disney would honor that rate. This is the same thing. The mistake just isn’t as big. :laughing:

I think a retail mistake and a room mistake are far different, I honestly didn't even see the discount listed on the main page I just went straight to my account to change my reservation and it showed up. I have a couple of times in the last year gotten AP discount rates above what was listed, like an AKL for 40% this summer making it cheaper than a moderate, and a YC last October for 41% taking it down below $300. The discount both times was listed for lower than 40% so I generally just book stuff when I see it at a good rate.
Yes, discounts can vary but there are never, ever, 50-60% off. A room that costs 1k a night is not going down to $400. I’ve gotten 40-45% off the YC several times. Mine last October was just over 40% as well. But if you see 60% off, you have to know there’s something wonky going on. I’m not saying you were trying to get away with anything, just saying they don’t have to honor it.

I am going to give it until next week or until I see they have "fixed" the issue and see what happens. I may call up later next week to pay the rest of it and see what my total is. If it's the same as what is listed in my receipt email I won't worry unless Disney contacts me. I also didn't get a 60% discount, mine wasn't that high, it was high but still well enough below 60%. I know there are a few people that got it at that low, but I wasn't THAT lucky. I am just going to play the wait and see, there is still tons of availability in rooms at BWI so I'm sure once they do sort this all out I'll have more options than I did this morning if I do need to modify. Who knows, I may keep the room at whatever rate they land on, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed they'll let me keep it (it's only a 3 night trip, not like I'm staying for a week).
The percentage discount was different based on room type. 60% was for deluxe room. A standard or garden was nearer to 50-55%- still well above what we will ever see on an AP rate. It’s never happened. In the end, there’s no real loss if they pull the offer- you just won’t get the error pricing.

Really? Why is one online mistake different from the other? Both are errors which the merchant corrects. Now if they tried to hold you to the new price, that would be a problem. But if they just refund your money & cancel the reservation, why is that worse than cancelling a retail order? You’re not out anything & you can still rebook at the correct price.

I don’t think you’ll have to wait too long to see if Disney is going to honor your price. When the gift card error happened, posters got the email notification in a few hours or at the latest the next day. It was resolved pretty quickly.

Yes, discounts can vary but there are never, ever, 50-60% off. A room that costs 1k a night is not going down to $400. I’ve gotten 40-45% off the YC several times. Mine last October was just over 40% as well. But if you see 60% off, you have to know there’s something wonky going on. I’m not saying you were trying to get away with anything, just saying they don’t have to honor it.
Mine was closer to 50%, it was definitely NOT 60% (oh I wish), I think it was more like 51% so it wasn't crazy like "whoah! no way!". because it wasn't much higher than that, and because of past experience, I didn't question it. I have gone back and read all the fine print I can find and nothing says anything about not honoring stuff like this. I'm just going to wait and see, I'm not going to play the doom and gloom game just yet, until I hear from Disney I'm just going to go on as if I have it the way it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter