AP Discount- Whole table or just for AP holder?

brockash

DIS Veteran
Hi...I have an AP, but my kids do not. When we eat at a restaurant with an AP discount is the discount for the whole table or just for what I order? - This is assuming I'm paying for all.

I saw somewhere that it was for up to 4 ppl., however that was from a number of years ago.

If it is for more than justcthe AP, can anyone pount me intobthe direction of where I can find that in writing. When we were there earlier this year, I'm pretty sure I only gotvthe discount for my specific order.

TIA!

DH and I are both AP. We’ve never both been asked for discounts with dining. One of us gives our card/id or phone and we both get the discount.

Hi...I have an AP, but my kids do not. When we eat at a restaurant with an AP discount is the discount for the whole table or just for what I order? - This is assuming I'm paying for all.

I saw somewhere that it was for up to 4 ppl., however that was from a number of years ago.

If it is for more than justcthe AP, can anyone pount me intobthe direction of where I can find that in writing. When we were there earlier this year, I'm pretty sure I only gotvthe discount for my specific order.

TIA!
Per Disney Passholder Discount page ~

• only for the use of Passholders and, unless otherwise noted, up to 3 Guests

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passholder-program/passholder-benefits-and-discounts/

Definitely for the whole group (up to 4). I meet up with friends and we always get separate checks and we are told the discount can only be applied to the check the person is on. Not a problem in our case as they also have AP/DVC so qualify for their own discounts.

As long as you pay the tab one AP can have up to 4 total. If non-APs pay their own tab then they won’t get the discount.

Be careful though, assuming they will give it to the whole table. We ate at 50’s Prime Time last December, a party of three who are all AP. I had my phone out, so I brought up the AP, knowing the policy and also knowing that if challenged, the other two could show their AP. One of the other people grabbed the bill when it was dropped off and paid cash. After we had left the restaurant, they mentioned in passing that only my food had been given the discount. I was furious, and wished they had challenged it with the server, but by the time they mentioned it, there was nothing we could do (we didn’t even have a copy of the receipt since we paid cash).

Double check that you have received the full discount you are entitled to.

I’ve presented the card and received the discount for 5 adult guests without comment or limitation. I didn’t realize the limitation until I read this thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter