AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

yay! i have been paying cash for tickets since re-opening. My AP expired during shut down and I took payout of what was left on it since it had been paid in full. i just went for the 4th time since reopening and figured it was time i went to guest services to try and get new AP. I called from resort but they said I'd have to start the application and it can take up to 30 days. Because I needed it within this current trip to apply the ticket I bought, the CM suggested I visit an actual location to get it all done same day. I had planned to do before my last day of trip for discounts and such but kept forgetting my gift card in the room I was using to pay for it. Finally remembered on my Hollywood studios day and went to guest services there. It was taking so long I thought at first the CM was doing something she wasn't supposed to and I wasn't eligible but she finally confirmed I could upgrade and kept apologizing it was taking so long. A couple of managers later they figured it out and I got a new AP! Yay! And they asked me what I wanted to ride and gave me a fastpass for the inconvenience.

I thought I'd add our experience trying to get annual passes. When everything shut down March 2020 we had Florida resident weekday passes. We took the refund that was offered that summer.

I called the passholder number June 20th about getting new passes. The cast member took my info saying I'd get a callback in about a month. I mentioned we wanted to upgrade our passes too. He said I might be able to purchase new passes or I might be put on a list to be some of the first get annual passes once they offer them again.

Disney called me July 2nd (12 days). We had the option of purchasing any level of pass. I was debating getting a Gold pass for myself and Silver for the rest of my family. (we might or might not use the pass in the summer, but we do have a June birthday in our family). I was told they aren't letting passes be upgraded before renewal once they are purchased, but they didn't know what the policy would be next year. Since there is a good chance I'd upgrade the silver passes to gold next year I just went ahead and got gold for the family. We did have to pay full price instead of the renewal which makes sense.

We'll start back at the parks later this month once our last family member is vaccinated!

Good morning! I just stumbled upon this thread this morning and have a question regarding recovery. Is this something I can do in person at the park or a guest service location? I fall under the guidelines of pass holder recovery due to covid but we arrive at the resort on 7/24 so I can’t wait the 30 days for call back. I currently have 7 day park hoppers on my account but if possible I’d like to apply that to the cost of just a new AP. I’m just not certain if it can only be done over the phone. It looks like some posters had in person success so just wanted to see if that was a fluke

Good morning! I just stumbled upon this thread this morning and have a question regarding recovery. Is this something I can do in person at the park or a guest service location? I fall under the guidelines of pass holder recovery due to covid but we arrive at the resort on 7/24 so I can’t wait the 30 days for call back. I currently have 7 day park hoppers on my account but if possible I’d like to apply that to the cost of just a new AP. I’m just not certain if it can only be done over the phone. It looks like some posters had in person success so just wanted to see if that was a fluke
Go to guest services at Disney springs. They will do it. We had a not good experience at Epcot GS.

I called this past Friday for recovery annual passes for myself and my family. Because the DVC system was down most of the day, they couldn't take care of it. Called first things Saturday morning. Got a call back within 30 minutes, and voila...done. Applying DVC discount, $899 / person + tax for Platinum annual passes.

Gave me a code for the purchase, applied it in MDE. So, I paid now, but 1) passes will take effect on the first day of our December trip. And, 2) that will be the annual renewal date. This information is per the associate I spoke with.

Caveat, we did have Platinum annual passes before the COVID shutdown, so we qualified for recovery passes.

I called this past Friday for recovery annual passes for myself and my family. Because the DVC system was down most of the day, they couldn't take care of it. Called first things Saturday morning. Got a call back within 30 minutes, and voila...done. Applying DVC discount, $899 / person + tax for Platinum annual passes.

Gave me a code for the purchase, applied it in MDE. So, I paid now, but 1) passes will take effect on the first day of our December trip. And, 2) that will be the annual renewal date. This information is per the associate I spoke with.

Caveat, we did have Platinum annual passes before the COVID shutdown, so we qualified for recovery passes.

Wow, I had called on July 20th, and was told I'd get a call back within 30 days..... still waiting... And now I hear they aren't even doing this recovery anymore since they've announced the return of AP's in the near future? Ugh, wonder if i'll still get that call or not, I would rather lock in the FL Gold benefits now, with option to upgrade to whatever the new programs will be (or not stuck with a possible downgrade with what the new offers will be!)

Wow, I had called on July 20th, and was told I'd get a call back within 30 days..... still waiting... And now I hear they aren't even doing this recovery anymore since they've announced the return of AP's in the near future? Ugh, wonder if i'll still get that call or not, I would rather lock in the FL Gold benefits now, with option to upgrade to whatever the new programs will be (or not stuck with a possible downgrade with what the new offers will be!)
I called on the 24th and got the same answer. I'm out of state and had Platinum, so I'm not as worried about a downgrade as I am the price increase that I'm expecting

This didn’t go so well today. Talked to a nice CM who took all of my information and said someone from recovery (even gave me a name of the cast member) would call in 30-60 minutes. As I was hanging up with her, another 407 number calls. Surely recocery couldn’t be that quickly? Well, correct because that CM on the line acted like I was crazy and had no idea what recovery meant. They kept saying this is the fist time they’ve called and wanted to solve my IT issue. I ended up hanging up…

Guess I feel lucky. I called DVC Guest Services July 14th, talked to someone there and got our Gold Passes renewed right away, even though that was 3 months early.
Just called and was told the program ended Wednesday. No exceptions. I'm crushed, I have a trip planned for Aug.
Read a similar post on a DVC Facebook group where they were told they couldn't renew until the new APs were available.

Just called and was told the program ended Wednesday. No exceptions. I'm crushed, I have a trip planned for Aug.
Guess I feel lucky. I called DVC Guest Services July 14th, talked to someone there and got our Gold Passes renewed right away, even though that was 3 months early.

Read a similar post on a DVC Facebook group where they were told they couldn't renew until the new APs were available.
Hopefully that means new APs will be available SOON - really!

As you can see from my post on Wednesday I had some issues. I called Thursday and had to explain everything again to the AP person, but was connected with DVC recovery pass really quickly (90 seconds). They processed the voucher on Thursday. Maybe they did this because I called on Wednesday too but didn’t get the recovery callback. Unsure. I’d try again? Sorry to hear of your issues.

After my 30 day callback time frame came and went, just called AP hotline this morning and was told i'm just going to have to wait until Disney actually releases the new passes for Disney World. Thanks for putting me on the "list" Disney. Seeing as that list must have been quite long, you "Disney" could have sent a prerecorded message stating recovery was over, and that we'd have to wait for the public release of the new AP structure like everyone else. Way to make your day magical :confused3

Way to make your day magical :confused3

Not a lot about Disney tickets has been magical in the past 2 years.

1. MYW tickets extended from March ‘20 to a somewhat arbitrary 9/26/21; this should’ve been converted to non-expiring tickets. now everyone needs to call to get working tickets.

2. The unnecessarily cumbersome “recovery” process.

3. Probably raising ticket prices plus G+ pricing.

Not a lot about Disney tickets has been magical in the past 2 years.

1. MYW tickets extended from March ‘20 to a somewhat arbitrary 9/26/21; this should’ve been converted to non-expiring tickets. now everyone needs to call to get working tickets.

2. The unnecessarily cumbersome “recovery” process.

3. Probably raising ticket prices plus G+ pricing.

My only gripe was being placed on a call back list that wasn't ever going to happen. Would have been just as courteous to get a robot callback stating the recovery program had ended.

We are holding out hope that we can "renew" our 2020 cancelled passes to save a little over the full purchase price. We already have our multi-day tickets bought, and will trade those in towards the upgrade. Our trip is in mid-October. I am also hoping there is some restitution for our Tables In Wonderland membership that was not offered a refund. Anyone else had TiW exchanged/renewed? I know they don't offer it at all right now, but heard they were still honoring it.

My only gripe was being placed on a call back list that wasn't ever going to happen. Would have been just as courteous to get a robot callback stating the recovery program had ended.
I totally get it. My callback on day 1 was suppsoed to be 30-40 minutes and I never got it; though I got a strange call from Disney IT. Next day, I called back and got the callback in 90 seconds. I am unsure why my callback timeframes were so short and others were being told 30 days...when the program was winding down. Very odd.

I attempted to upgrade my 9-day park hopper at guest services in Magic Kingdom yesterday to a recovery AP and was denied. The Cast Member said they were holding on recovery AP sales since the announcement that they were coming back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter