• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I’ll add my info. Two active silver passes that were going to expire 9/30. Taking into account blackout days, we are owed 63 extra days, but one of the passes was extended to 1/25. They haven’t gotten to the other one. They extended it for the amount of time closed instead of amount of valid admission days for our pass. I think this is the right thing to do since they are requiring reservations. I was hoping they’d go the Shangai route and not start the passes again til reservations aren’t required. If there are days I want to go and can’t get a reservation for I will be a very unhappy local passholder. I have a feeling the reservation system will favor non-locals just like everything else does.

Edit: the one that was extended was the one we had to call about to request an extension as it is being paid for monthly.

Last edited:
My wifes pass got a refund from march mine and my kids didn't.
my wife pass didn't get extended but mine and my kids did :) FL resident here

If your certificates are for renewal passes they will start on the date that your old pass expired, regardless of when you activate it. If you want to extend it to a new annual pass you will have to pay the difference between the renewal pass price that you paid and whatever the current AP price is when you activate it. Then you will have a year from that date.

Since your passes expired in December and your certificates were not active, I would not expect that you would be getting an extension. You might be able to ask for an extension, but I'm not sure it would be worth it in your case if the only trip you are going to use it for is the one in December. You'd be better off holding the certificate and upgrading when you arrive to a new pass with a full year.
My trip is in September. I had a trip for MAY 2020 that was CANCELED by DISNEY/DVC. So, you are wrong about qualifying for an extension. I would be fine with having a "new" expiration of September and paying the difference. All of our passes were bought and renewed at the same time. So, if my daughter's was extended then that should include mine and my husband's. Like i said though, I am fine getting a new expiration to the date that i actually activate the certificate on my account.

My Platinum AP expires 06/20/2020. It has not been extended; there is a message, however, that it is time to renew. Also showing on the app is a 4 day Hopper, which expires in 2030. The app says that the 4 day Hopper expires in four days. It does not say that on the full site.

Curious to know if the people receiving extensions called the V.I.Passholder number to request the extension or is Disney just automatically extending them. There was a second option for a refund. This is what I requested but have not received yet. I will be upset if my Platinum passes get extended automatically when I requested the refund.

Curious to know if the people receiving extensions called the V.I.Passholder number to request the extension or is Disney just automatically extending them. There was a second option for a refund. This is what I requested but have not received yet. I will be upset if my Platinum passes get extended automatically when I requested the refund.

If you've paid in full, then the extension is automatic. There is no need to request it.

If you do end up seeing your pass is extended, I would caution you to save your energy for a bit. They're probably still working through all of the cancellation requests and just because your AP ends up showing as extended does not mean they won't honor your request for cancellation and refund. It's going to take a little more patience I think.

I was able to call the passholder line this morning at get a request submitted for partial refunds on our two Platinum AP's that expired on May 12 and had not been extended yet. I told the cm I wasn't sure how they had been paid for since it was back in 2018, but if it was a gift card I was sure I don't have that card anymore. Okay, technically I might still have it somewhere but I really don't know and would rather just get a new one.

mine was automatic when I called about my refund on that month payment they said to wait.

Well, 50 minutes on hold and counting.
My Skype minutes run out in 10 minutes. It is also close to midnight here and I have to be back at work in just over 8 hours from now so I'm not really sure how much longer I can stay on hold for (providing that Skype actually switches me over from minutes to credit and doesn't just cut the call at the 60 minute mark)...

I would email, but I already did that and the reply was to call the passholder line...

Edit: right, Skype cut me off at 60 minutes. I don't really know what to do now... Call again and risk waiting on hold for another uncertain amount of time (paying Skype rates, but it will add up if the hold time is as long as this), or try to email back again?

Using Skype because I'm international and it's one of the cheaper ways to call internationally...

Last edited:
Just want to point out that what's automatic and what's not is dependent on whether your AP is paid in full vs. on monthly payment plans. The options are not the same for both, so it's important that you read the part that pertains to your AP: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/annual-passes/

If you are an Annual Passholder who has paid in full:
All active Walt Disney World Resort theme park and water park Annual Passes will be extended for the number of days the parks are closed. The new expiration date will be reflected on the Annual Passholder’s account prior to the reopening of the parks.
As an alternative, and in lieu of an extension of their passes, Passholders who have paid in full may choose to receive a partial refund for the park closure period. To request this alternative option, we ask that you contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277. We do anticipate heavy call volume and appreciate your patience as we answer all inquiries.

If you are an Annual Passholder on the monthly payment plan:
On April 5, 2020, we automatically stopped and will waive monthly payments due while the theme parks are closed. We will also retroactively refund payments made between March 14 through April 4, 2020. Payments will resume on the Passholder’s regularly scheduled payment dates once the parks reopen. Please note, pass expiration dates will not be extended and passes will expire upon their originally scheduled expiration dates.
As an alternative, Guests who are paying for Walt Disney World Annual Passes using our monthly payment program may choose to have their monthly payments postponed starting with payments due April 5, 2020 through the park closure period, and then resumed on the Passholder’s regularly scheduled payment date once the parks reopen. Postponed payments will be collected in the months following the end of the Passholder’s currently scheduled payment term. The pass will be extended the number of days the parks are closed. The new expiration date will be reflected on the Annual Passholder’s account prior to the reopening of the theme parks. To request this alternative option, we ask that you contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277. We do anticipate heavy call volume and appreciate your patience as we answer all inquiries.

My concern with the automatic extension is that is what you will end up with. The Passholder email explaining the options said “extension OR partial refund” not extension AND partial refund.

Well, 50 minutes on hold and counting.
My Skype minutes run out in 10 minutes. It is also close to midnight here and I have to be back at work in just over 8 hours from now so I'm not really sure how much longer I can stay on hold for (providing that Skype actually switches me over from minutes to credit and doesn't just cut the call at the 60 minute mark)...

I would email, but I already did that and the reply was to call the passholder line...
Are you able to use Google Voice for the call? It's done on wifi and as far as I know it's free.

Are you able to use Google Voice for the call? It's done on wifi and as far as I know it's free.

Thanks for the suggestion! Not tried Google Voice before to be honest - Skype was always my default since I get 60 free minutes a month with my Office 365 subscription which has always been more than enough in the past (I never use up the whole 60 minutes, much less on a single call where all of it was on hold).

Thinking I might email them back asking if I can do things through email instead since it is so difficult to call.

If still no luck I'll look into Google Voice - probably not tonight though as I really do need to go to sleep soon!

Thanks for the suggestion! Not tried Google Voice before to be honest - Skype was always my default since I get 60 free minutes a month with my Office 365 subscription which has always been more than enough in the past (I never use up the whole 60 minutes, much less on a single call where all of it was on hold).

Thinking I might email them back asking if I can do things through email instead since it is so difficult to call.

If still no luck I'll look into Google Voice - probably not tonight though as I really do need to go to sleep soon!
or whatsapp

Extending APs is a good first step, but if the rumored 1 park per day, and limits on number of park days turns out to be true, a lot of Platinum AP holders are going to be up in arms. It is easy to determine # of days to extend APs, but if the AP does not carry the same features after re-opening, how do you value that? They certainly can't continue to extend APs until we are allowed to have unlimited access to the parks. How much of a Plat AP's value is in the hopping? 20%?
I guess honestly I would be happy with a renewal discount, but I hope enough APs make noise about this that Disney is forced to address it.

Extending APs is a good first step, but if the rumored 1 park per day, and limits on number of park days turns out to be true, a lot of Platinum AP holders are going to be up in arms. It is easy to determine # of days to extend APs, but if the AP does not carry the same features after re-opening, how do you value that? They certainly can't continue to extend APs until we are allowed to have unlimited access to the parks. How much of a Plat AP's value is in the hopping? 20%?
I guess honestly I would be happy with a renewal discount, but I hope enough APs make noise about this that Disney is forced to address it.
again, to make sufficient noise everyone affected NEEDS to email Disney, talking about it here is all great to vent but does nothing to change anything
wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Unfortunate realities of a world-changing pandemic where neither the consumer nor the corporation providing the product is at-fault. I don't think there's any way here for Disney to make AP holders 100% whole unless they want to basically let people have free admission for essentially the next year and a half. After not being able to take in a dime for four straight months, I really can't blame them for not defaulting to that.

With that said, there's been scattered reports that AP services may work with guests on a case-by-base basis if they feel they've been treated unfairly. It can't hurt to call them up and give them your sob story. They've been pretty lenient with their refund practices thus far.

Are they just extending everyone's pass 4 months regardless of when your expiration date was?
117 days.
Basically if you had 3 days left on your pass on March 16 (the day it closed) then by adding 117 days, you'll now have 3 days left as of the day they open. It's +117 across the board. Your new date is still subject to new days you might have in your calendar that are blocked out. So if you're Gold, and your new date puts you past December, you do not get admission during the 2-week blockout.

The eligible days thing only affects if you'd requested the refund instead, in which case you'd be credited back for the number of days you were otherwise eligible to go during the closed period. This varies from Platinum - Gold - Resident because of the blockout days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter