AP or 10-day with plus & no expiration???

jenntish

Mouseketeer
We would use the passes for 4 days this June and probably another 3 or 4 days within the year. So would you suggest getting an annual pass... or spending the extra 70 bucks or so and getting a 10-day pass with no expiration (and pleasure island/waterpark days)???

FYI--we would NOT be doing another trip within the year.

I believe 8 days is about the cutoff point for value if you're purchasing all the passes with a DVC discount. However, I'm not sure how the non-expiration feature affects the price of the regular passes, and how that factors in.

Only you know if you would use the waterpark/PI options and how often.

A 10 day MYW pass with park hopping and waterpark/PI options plus no-expiration would cost $478.19 / adult (advance price incl tax)

A DVC discounted AP would cost $355.71 (incl tax) and a DVC-discounted PAP would cost $462.21 (incl tax).

So the ability to have 2 or 3 extra non-expiring days and the plus options costs for a future trip costs $122.48 more than the AP. (If you would normally buy the PAP, I think the 10 day wins, given your stated plans).

You are the ony one who can decide if it's worth it - we don't visit waterparks / PI very often so we'd go with the AP. But your touring habits probably differ from ours - if you use the waterparks/visit PI, getting 3 trips out of the pass may make it worth it to you.

When you say 4 days this june does that mean a 4 day trip or your sure you will go into parks 4 days. Because you might only feel like going 3 times. The 10 day pass give you that option not to go.
I bought a 7 day pass in 2003 with 4 waterpark / PI options on it B4 the new park pass structure . I still have 2 Park and 2 options days left on it, and it has already covered 2, 6 night vacations.
Also by banking and borrowing and a little planing I managed to stay in Disney World 29 night over a 365 day period that ended last summer. For that I bought all the family an AP without waterpark option. And man did Iwe ever use it. The AP comes in real handy if your doing the Dinning Plan. I mean you would hate to burn a park day just for a dinner at Epcot. With AP no problem. With your 10day pass a little more planning involved.
But if you have the 10day no expire pass I count the options as a day because the waterparks wear me out, its a day in itself. So You get what is it 5 options so to me thats 5 more days of fun. so your 10 day pass is now really a 15 day pass. Just a little food for thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter