AP purchased during promo- RESOLVED!

GinnyBear's_mom

DIS Veteran
I will preface this by saying I already called Guest Services and they weren't helpful.

I purchased 7 annual passes in Sept 2020 for my family during what I thought was the 15 month pass deal. I activated the passes in August of 2021 thinking they would have an expiration date of Nov 2022. I just went into the Universal app and noticed my wallet was empty and I had to reload the passes. When I loaded them I see an expiration date of August 2022 which would make them the 12 month passes.

When I called Guest Services today they said the deal in September 2020 was for renewals only but I know it wasn't. I see chatter on the Universal Annual Pass page that confirms that the promo was valid in Sept of 2020 for new passes. The confirmation email only says what type of pass they were (preferred/power/etc) but says nothing about the length of the pass.

Is anyone in the same boat? Any suggestions on what to do next?

I believe that when you purchase during the 15 month deal, you have to activate your pass (scan into the park) during a certain window to get the 15 months. If your first scan is after the window, the pass is a normal 12 month pass.

We purchased our 15 month passes in March, 2021 before the promo ended, but we verified with Universal Guest Services that there wasn't an "activate by" date because we weren't sure when we'd be traveling due to the pandemic.

They confirmed via email below:

Thank you for contacting Universal Orlando Resort!

The 3 Months Free Promotion currently ongoing for our Annual Passes depends only on the date of purchase. Once your Annual Passes are purchased, you are welcome to use them whenever you like. Your passes will expire fifteen (15) months from the date of first usage.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to reply to this email, or call us at (407) 224-4233, option five (5).

We hope to entertain you in the future!

Best Regards,

Rem
Coordinator | Guest Communication
Universal Orlando Resort
universalorlando.com

I'm not sure how long the promo was going on before we purchased, but maybe this person can help you get it sorted out. Good luck!

I just checked my email confirmation when I purchased the passes and it does say 15 month passes:

Order Summary
Item Purchased
2-Park 15-Month Seasonal Pass Adult
Price
$304.99
Quantity
Total

2-Park 15-Month Preferred Pass Adult
$394.99
Total

Thanks
I just checked my email confirmation when I purchased the passes and it does say 15 month passes:
Thanks, my email just says the type of pass but not the length. I did find a screenshot of the AP offer from Kenny the Pirate, still trying to find something official from Universal. I had read from a few people on fb and here that there wasn't an expiration date regarding activation of the pass when the deal was posted.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211229-124015_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211229-124015_Chrome.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 11
I just heard back from guest services and they updated the expiration dates to November of 2022.

"This change is due the 2020 Promotional Offer that started on June 1, 2020 and ended on September 30, 2020. The offer did not state when the passes had to be activated just that the pass had to be purchased. We do apologize for the misunderstanding. All passes have been notated with this updated information."

When was this promo? I have been waiting for something like this to come out and haven't seen anything in the last couple of months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter