AP Rates for Oct out - Am I missing something?

DadOf2Princesses

WL Junkie
Hi I just noticed AP rates for October came out for 8/21/05 - 10/4/05
http://www.mousesavers.com/disneyresorts.html#apfall

Could someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this - but I think its a good deal for me to buy 1 Adult AP and apply the discount to 2 room ressies I have.

I'm going 10/1 - 10/8 (note 4 days beyond the AP rate window - problem?)
I'm travelling with 3-Adults and 2-Children
I already have 2 AAA rate rooms-only ressies at the WL Woods View at $195/nt each.

ROOM SAVINGS ANALYSIS
Rack Rate per Nite (WL/Woods View)................... $230
AP Discount (Deluxe per Nite)........................ - 70
AP Rate per Nite..................................... $160
Savings per Nt (AAA vs AP)..[$195 - $160]............. $35
Overall Room Savings for 7-days 2 rooms..[$35*7*2]... $490

--------------------------------------------------

AP COST ANALYSIS
1 Adult AP Cost w/ Park Hopping...................... $420.68
1 Adult 7-day MYW w/ PH.............................. $237.50
AP Cost..................[$420.68-$237.50]........... $183.18

-------------------------------------------------

RESULTS
Room Savings vs. AP Cost...[$490 - $183.18 ]......... $306.82 !!

:banana: :cool1:

This is premised on the facts that...
1. I can get the AP rate applied for a stay beyond 10/4
2. I can get the AP rate applied to 2 rooms both in my name
3. I only have to buy 1 AP and that will cover the savings for all 5 people I'm travelling with.

Am I missing something?
Should I switch to AP rate?
The 2 rooms seems to be what really makes it beneficial.

Your dates are fine because you are checking-in during the code time. Whatever rate you get on check-in day is your rate for your entire stay.

You can also book two rooms with one ap. Unless that has changed since we did it last year.

Do you plan to go to WDW again in the next year?

The only thing I see that you're missing is the cost for your next trip when you figure that you have to go back because you have an AP. pirate:

Stitch Inside said:
The only thing I see that you're missing is the cost for your next trip when you figure that you have to go back because you have an AP. pirate:

Isn't that the truth :rotfl:

Wouldn't you know it I have my AP and used it for 9 nights/10 days last December, using it again for 7 nights/8 days in October and I will be darned if I didn't figure out a way to squeeze in another small "inexpensive" trip just 8 weeks later after Thanksgiving! :teeth: :rotfl:

Stitch Inside said:

:rotfl2: So true...We have annual passes, and when I try to convince DH that it won't cost too much to go again, "Since we already have AP's..." He always makes comments like, "Yeah, we're practically making money.... :rolleyes: "

Anyhow, back to the original question, yes, one pass can be applied to the entire party (up to three rooms, I believe).

Enjoy!

SnoWhiteRabbit said:
We have annual passes, and when I try to convince DH that it won't cost too much to go again, "Since we already have AP's..." He always makes comments like, "Yeah, we're practically making money.... :rolleyes: "

OMGosh that was sooo funny!! :rotfl: Thanks for the great laugh. Ah the truth is always the funniest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter