AP Ticket window is now open

If it's a new pass, it shouldn't expire until 1 year after the first day you use it to get into a park. If it's a renewal, it will be one year after your previous expiration date. I expect the expiration date you're seeing is misleading and not something you'll need to worry about.

It's a new pass, as my last AP expired a couple of years ago. I'm thinking/hoping this is the case, and is just the time period in which I can currently make park reservations. I'm going to try to confirm this, though. I also did not see any overall expiration date for the "voucher" which the old APs used to have.

Last edited:
I purchased the Sorcerer's pass, and it was added to MDE showing an expiration date of Sept. 7th 2022. I was hoping that the clock wouldn't start ticking until I picked up my pass in person. Anyone know if tickets now expire a year after added to MDE? If so, this is not great, as you basically lose AP time due to the desire to make park reservations.

I sent an email to the AP people to ask.

My guess is the voucher expires 1 year after purchase (kind of like they did at Disneyland back when we had APs and not keys, although I thought it was always December 31st of the year after you purchased it) but once redeemed within the year, that is when it activates and a new AP expiration date will occur.

Thanks for the tip.

I just went to do that, and I see them there, but as soon as I tap on annual passes, I got "Sorry, annual passes cannot be purchased on the app at this time"!

Normally, you have to buy via the website and not the app.

I was going to wait until 9AM and call DVC MS, can they handle the ticket upgrade to AP or do I need to call Disney Ticketing group to handle this?

I purchased the Sorcerer's pass, and it was added to MDE showing an expiration date of Sept. 7th 2022. I was hoping that the clock wouldn't start ticking until I picked up my pass in person. Anyone know if tickets now expire a year after added to MDE? If so, this is not great, as you basically lose AP time due to the desire to make park reservations.

I sent an email to the AP people to ask.

What is sounds like is they got rid of the loophole where people would buy several to help with rising prices later on.

I think this just means you have to activate it in one year. If not, the value will be there for a nee pass, at a new price.

Once you activate at GS, and enter the park, the actual expiration date for use will update as you will go from a voucher to an actual pass.

What is sounds like is they got rid of the loophole where people would buy several to help with rising prices later on.

I think this just means you have to activate it in one year. If not, the value will be there for a nee pass, at a new price.

Once you activate at GS, and enter the park, the actual expiration date for use will update as you will go from a voucher to an actual pass.
That makes more sense to me - that the voucher might expire if not activated within a year. Hadn't thought of that, but that sounds logical to me.

The only way the AP expires one year after purchase is if they changed the whole way they sell the APs, and didn't really announce that particular change. I doubt they would do that!

One and a half hours on hold, fifteen minutes with one CM only for her to find out that she can't handle the upgrade, then 45 minutes wait until the phone system disconnected on me. Worst experience in awhile, hope everyone else is doing better with their upgrades.

Go to your profile in MDE, then membership and passes, and finally 'link' membership and passes to your account
Thanks. It shows I am already linked but it won’t pull up the DVC price when I try to buy the AP. 😢

One and a half hours on hold, fifteen minutes with one CM only for her to find out that she can't handle the upgrade, then 45 minutes wait until the phone system disconnected on me. Worst experience in awhile, hope everyone else is doing better with their upgrades.
I can’t get passed “circuits are busy”

I called DVC MS and was on hold for 36 minutes before someone answered. We were advised that since we already have park tickets with park reservations that it would be better for us to wait until the last day in the parks and upgrade my wife's tickets to an AP at that time. When the ticket is changed from park tickets to a new AP her park reservations would be deleted and we would have to create new ones. I doubt that parks will be at capacity mid week in September but I guess why risk it. We'll upgrade when at the parks.

It's a new pass, as my last AP expired a couple of years ago. I'm thinking/hoping this is the case, and is just the time period in which I can currently make park reservations. I'm going to try to confirm this, though. I also did not see any overall expiration date for the "voucher" which the old APs used to have.
Let us know what you find. I have the same concern. I bought the pass while logged in, and now it's showing September 7th 2022 as the expiration.

Is there an advantage to buying the AP real early other than making park reservations. We don't have reservations until March, 2022. How early do you think we would have to make our park reservations by?

So I visited the site and walked through selecting the Sorcerer pass just for fun. 3-minute wait. Laughable.
I waited 5+ hours in the Queue-It system for our Disneyland Magic Keys on "opening day" of sales. I read reports of others waiting up to 7 hours.

So what is the difference? Is it a significant difference in demand for the pass or a significant difference in the strength of the website/system?

FWIW, we used our new Magic Keys for the first time on Labor Day (9/6). Only the top two tiers of Magic Keys were valid given block-outs on lower key types. The parks were pleasant in the mornings but felt crowded and "rough" by 2p and beyond. We tried visiting the "Magic Key" lounge in DL and were put on the waitlist with 175 parties ahead of us. We were somewhat surprised ... but I guess that might indicate what I'd been reading before DLR's Magic Keys were open for sales: seems "everyone" went for the highest pass type. Oh, boy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter