• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Apart from Christmas dinner, what will you be eating and drinking on Christmas day?

We’re having breakfast casserole and pancakes with our son, daughter-in-law and 3 granddaughters for breakfast. For dinner it’s just going to be my husband and myself so we’re just having salmon, rice and butternut squash. I also bought a chocolate silk pie for dessert.

breakfast= cinnamon rolls and scrambled eggs....hot chocolate, tea while opening presents

candy and cookies through the day, soda, probably a sandwich and chips

No idea on dinner....we're going to someone's house

We will have a brunch of cheese omelet, potatoes, bacon, and biscuits. Then snack on stocking stuffers until dinner around five, which will be homemade lasagna and cheesy garlic bread. Dessert will be a choice of pecan pie or berry pie, with or without ice cream.

Breakfast will be chocolate chip muffins and sausage balls. I’m sure the boys will eat candy from their stockings.

We eat a big ham dinner around 3:00.

Breakfast will be cinnamon rolls and scrambled eggs. There will be snacky-things set out during the day, and I think BLTs for lunch. Dinner will be lasagne, salad, fresh bread. Dessert is a peppermint stick ice cream cake.

ETA: The important part! There is spiced cider so we'll have it warmed with breakfast, but in the afternoon the grown ups will throw some bourbon or rum in there, there'll be good wine with dinner, and then there's the eggnog- cheers!

Last edited:
We will have a Polish food brunch when our Coast Guard recruits come to our house on Christmas. Then, around 6 PM we’ll have Christmas dinner.

Apart from dinner, which will take me many hours to prepare so I probably won't eat much at all, we're probably going to have the finger foods and sweets we bought for our now-cancelled-because-of-weather Christmas Eve get together. We just don't want our loved ones braving the ice to come out of obligation because it's tradition.

For breakfast my DW makes the best French toast and hash brown casserole. I make killer bacon as well. I family comes over we do gifts and what not and for a late lunch early dinner my brother makes great lasagna. So we’re having lasagna salad and bread for an early dinner.

I make a huge brunch buffett. Biscuits and gravy, sausage, bacon, spiral ham, waffles, hash browns potatoes, cooked to order eggs, cinnamon rolls, banana bread, a cheese plate, deviled eggs, meat tray, various cookies, Apple pie, black forest cake, coffee, fresh juice, mulled cider, mimosas, cocktail.....by dinner we are too full to eat but I do try to make something international that's easy and can be prepped a day or 2 before like lasagna, tacos, rice for fried rice. It also provides lunch the next day!

We're back to a previous tradition - Pepperidge Farms turnovers (with raspberry or apple) with coffee and kid hot chocolate for breakfast

Lunch is our normal tradition - smoked salmon and homemade veg/fruit tray with dips

Dessert will be any leftover cookies I have from my brother's visit and the candy we're getting in our stockings

At some point, I may make a warm cider since it's gonna be immensely cold for once...and I'll have my normal teas...

Breakfast = French toast and presents
Lunch = anything that floats your boat - find it in the refrigerator
Dinner = early around 4 pm, Turkey, veggies, potatoes, and maybe a no-salt dessert - like baked apples with honey and maple syrup
We are just a family of 3
Relatives in Texas , Washington DC, Hawaii .... We are in the Northern part of the US - Snow area

We will have a Polish food brunch when our Coast Guard recruits come to our house on Christmas. Then, around 6 PM we’ll have Christmas dinner.
You are so nice to have the Coast Guard over to your home - many of them may be away from their family
Nice to open your hearts and home to them :)

Every holiday we have cinnamon rolls, scrambled eggs and OJ for breakfast. Our Christmas "dinner" is served at 1 pm at my mom's, so I'm usually making chicken nuggets or pasta for the kids when we get home around 7pm because they are "starving."

Nothing special for us. We will be pulling our RV for 4 hours to hubby's parents house so breakfast will be whatever that morning, lunch will probably be sandwiches on the road and who knows what supper will be. His family is doing the big Christmas meal on Saturday so I'm guessing whatever we have in the RV that is quick and easy to cook. We are going to cook a batch of chicken and dumplings, a pot of spaghetti and a small turkey breast before we leave to take with us so I'm sure it will one of those.

Hashbrown casserole, kringle, fruit salad for breakfast

Lunch at relatives consisting of various appetizers

Leftover pizza, salad and garlic bread for those hungry for dinner

We will be out the door asap tomorrow morning. Will arrive at mom’s house hopefully by late morning. She is having almost everything catered so I’m not sure what to expect.

It’s our tradition to have cinnamon buns on Christmas morning while opening gifts, so we are having those and I am also doing a breakfast casserole because we are not eating again until 3pm.

Dinner at my moms with everyone is turkey with stuffing, ham, mashed potatoes, seeet potato casserole, macaroni and cheese, cheesy Christmas potatoes and all differ t veggies!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter