APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shocked APH rates week of July 4th, moreso plantinum benefits available on my date 7/6...well, in theory lol. No upgrade available but will keep checking back.

Thanks to Roxyfire!

August 12 is our arrival day and we are staying for a week. It seems like only King suite is available. I have a feeling that my SMSM rate would be better than the APH rate. I will check again and hope to see a lower rate once the rest of August opens up.

Our dates are the same. Originally had a eyes on RPR 2 queen room for 190. Messed that up by waiting too long. Room no longer available. Cheapest ended up being Portofino at 231 a night. Still hoping to find that RPR room again for two reasons: it's cheaper and we stayed at Portofino last year, wanted to try something different.

Our dates are the same. Originally had a eyes on RPR 2 queen room for 190. Messed that up by waiting too long. Room no longer available. Cheapest ended up being Portofino at 231 a night. Still hoping to find that RPR room again for two reasons: it's cheaper and we stayed at Portofino last year, wanted to try something different.

Originally I booked $201/night for 6 nights from August 13-19. Then I was wondering whether I should get late arrival on August 12 with more SMSM saving for 7 nights (it's actually cheaper overall because of lower airfare and more hotel savings). It was $184/night at that moment. Waited a day to decide and it jumped to $191/night. I changed my reservation right away and booked for $191/night. I am glad that I did. It seems unlikely to book standard room at AP rate. There is only king suite available now.

I am so thankful for this thread. After reading so many posts about prices changing, I just went and looked up my room at CBBR. It dropped $25 for the night. The family suites are actually cheaper than the regular rooms for our stay. Now I just have to hope that my room at PB drops too.

Originally I booked $201/night for 6 nights from August 13-19. Then I was wondering whether I should get late arrival on August 12 with more SMSM saving for 7 nights (it's actually cheaper overall because of lower airfare and more hotel savings). It was $184/night at that moment. Waited a day to decide and it jumped to $191/night. I changed my reservation right away and booked for $191/night. I am glad that I did. It seems unlikely to book standard room at AP rate. There is only king suite available now.
Good planning!

For my days of a long stay, I find the smsm rate of 35% off beats the ap rate for rooms
Booking the king suite at rpr makes it quite affordable then

Anxiously waiting for AP rates for August 22nd. Looks like they go through the beginning of August as of now.

Standard rooms at Royal Pacific just went down. I got $189/night May 30-June 2. Saved $100. :)
Thanks for the update! I went and looked to see if any standard rooms were available at the end of June and they were. We switched from Portofino Bay to Royal Pacific and saved $90 for the two nights. I was excited to stay at PB, but I like the location better at RP so I'm happy about the switch.

I have a general question about annual pass rates. Do these operate like disney deals where there are only a limited number of rooms available at that rate? Or as long as there is any room available, are you able to book the APH rate. Thanks :)

Shocked APH rates week of July 4th, moreso plantinum benefits available on my date 7/6...well, in theory lol. No upgrade available but will keep checking back.

Thanks to Roxyfire!
We were there this past week (PBH) and due to a CEO convention, there were no parlors available even though I checked constantly. Dang all those CEOs wanting suites! A couple of days before we arrived, I called again and the guy at UO offered me 2 Deluxe Club rooms instead. I had two rooms reserved hoping for both bedrooms adjoining the parlor.

Oh heck yes, it was wonderful. We always add Club privileges at check in if available, but now they offered them for AP rate garden view rooms. And even though I was always under the impression that you could only book 1 room with your benefits, they put the plat benefits on both rooms so gave us 2 of the $100 credits (although we only used 1 of the credits.)

So, have hope if the parlor does not become available. Either that or the person at the other end of the phone was sick of me calling and gave me the club upgrade to shut me up.

Now waiting to see if there will be AP rates for the first week in January.

Last edited:
I just booked PBR. It was a good rate. We might switch to HRH later though, because it's so close and really cool. Plus, HRH has fridges, and I don't think PBR does yet, right? We have never stayed at PBR though.
Per the front desk last week, all rooms at the Portofino now have fridges. I have medication that needs to be refrigerated and had forgotten to reserve a fridge. They assured me all rooms have fridges so I didn't need to worry.

We were there this past week (PBH) and due to a CEO convention, there were no parlors available even though I checked constantly. Dang all those CEOs wanting suites! A couple of days before we arrived, I called again and the guy at UO offered me 2 Deluxe Club rooms instead. I had two rooms reserved hoping for both bedrooms adjoining the parlor.

Oh heck yes, it was wonderful. We always add Club privileges at check in if available, but now they offered them for AP rate garden view rooms. And even though I was always under the impression that you could only book 1 room with your benefits, they put the plat benefits on both rooms so gave us 2 of the $100 credits (although we only used 1 of the credits.)

So, have hope if the parlor does not become available. Either that or the person at the other end of the phone was sick of me calling and gave me the club upgrade to shut me up.

What's the most recent cost per night to upgrade a regular room to club? Since we'd do breakfast every day and afternoon/evening snack it might be worth it at the right price.

Who was it that gave you the upgrade to club?

What's the most recent cost per night to upgrade a regular room to club? Since we'd do breakfast every day and afternoon/evening snack it might be worth it at the right price.
It was $100 a night at the Portofino last week.

Who was it that gave you the upgrade to club?
I called the Portofino directly but they always forwarded my call to UO reservations. It was a guy, wish I got his name, who said there were no parlors available and offered the upgrade. I accepted. I later checked my reservation on my YouFirst dashboard and the upgrade to both of my reservations was indeed to a Club Villa.

At check-in, we were given 2541, 2568 and 4 club cards.

I called the Portofino directly but they always forwarded my call to UO reservations. It was a guy, wish I got his name, who said there were no parlors available and offered the upgrade. I accepted. I later checked my reservation on my YouFirst dashboard and the upgrade to both of my reservations was indeed to a Club Villa.

At check-in, we were given 2541, 2568 and 4 club cards.

So it was reservations that upgraded you?

So it was reservations that upgraded you?
yes

From my YouFirst dashboard:

Member Level: PLATINUM
Member Number: XXXXXXXX

Room Information
Club 2 Queen Room
Annual Passholder Rate
$ 214.00
$ 214.00
$ 214.00
Total Price: $ 722.25

Taxes: $ 80.25

Room Total: $ 722.25

Last edited:
yes

From my YouFirst dashboard:

Member Level: PLATINUM
Member Number: XXXXXXXX

Room Information
Club 2 Queen Room
Annual Passholder Rate
Apr 30, 2017 $ 214.00
May 1, 2017 $ 214.00
May 2, 2017 $ 214.00
Total Price: $ 722.25

Taxes: $ 80.25

Room Total: $ 722.25

Thanks. Wonder if this is a new policy. Interested if anyone else has experienced it. I'd love that offer over at Royal Pacific since their King Suites are useless when you have 4 people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter