Apr 15-Apr 23 Vacation

hogie1

Leave no one behind...
Our Disney cruise was cancelled twice due to Corona, and with all of our $$ tied up in Disney gift cards, we opted for a trip to WDW. I'll try to keep it brief and to the point, feel free to post any questions.

Stayed 1 nite at Swan & Dolphin on the first travel day, got a great rate and we did Rain Forest Cafe for dinner. Our flight was delayed so we were an hour late, but they said no problem and we were seated within 15 mins. We also have a Landry's card that gave us $25 credit towards our meal. The service could not have been better!

Moved over to the Yacht Club the next day after going to Hollywood Studios. We were unable to get morning queue for Rise of the Resistance, but did get in for the afternoon line. Got to go on Slinky Dog Dash, Millennium Falcon, Alien Swirling Saucers before doing the lightsaber build at Savi's workshop for our 3 kids. Did mobile ordering from Pizzeria Rizzo's. Good food but the pizzas were tiny, smaller than a bar pizza. They look like you could split them in the online photos, we made that mistake. It had already been a long hot day, but the lightsaber build was far better than I ever expected. It wasn't just "here, put these parts together", it was truly a Star Wars experience where the builder took everyone on a journey. I didn't catch her name, but she was wonderful as she told everyone about the story of the Jedi, the lightsabers, and the connection to those who have had them in the past. Add in the theme music and lighting and it was as if we were transported into a movie set. Rise of the Resistance was pretty good and even my wife who is not a Star Wars fan enjoyed. Later we did the pool at the Yacht Club and then Raglan Road at Disney Springs for dinner. That meal was delicious along with terrific live music.

Day 2-did rope drop at Magic Kingdom: our daughter rode 1st roller coaster for first time, Space Mountain and loved it. She and the boys also loved Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, which had a short line so we rode it 3 times. 7 Dwarfs Mine ride was down that day, but rode it later in the week. For dinner we went to Japan in Epcot at Teppan Edo. Kids loved it so much they wanted to do it again, we said we could back home.

I'll come back later with more.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter